LRR is starting to lose me

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

How do you feel about how LRR is developing/the content they are making?

Satisfied with the product
67%
Think they are making too much product, which causes loss of quality
8%
Think they are making too little product
No votes
They don't make enough of what I enjoy
13%
Some combination of the above
13%

Total votes: 48
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: LRR is starting to lose me

Postby Graham » 02 Oct 2016, 00:56

2stepz, you're still allowed to give feedback :D

2stepz wrote:I miss FeedDump being normal and regular.
That said, can I ask you to clarify this?
Feed Dump is still produced weekly, every Friday.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 02 Oct 2016, 07:52

Graham wrote:2stepz, you're still allowed to give feedback :D

I think she means the live format is slightly different from the many takes and edited format from before. The video is also not always available immediately on friday.

As for my own opinions, the streaming is just not my thing. Watching afterwards takes too long and most of the streams are unfortunately at stupid oclock at night so watching live is out. I watch some of it every now and then. I do like all the other video content. I hope we can get that batch of Agatha Fisty videos soon for instance. What LRR puts out is certainly good enough imho to warrant my patreon support, but I hope there might be some more shorter (scripted) video content in the future.
I might add some points later, but typing on my phone is not ideal.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 02 Oct 2016, 07:52

Graham wrote:2stepz, you're still allowed to give feedback :D

I think she means the live format is slightly different from the many takes and edited format from before. The video is also not always available immediately on friday.

As for my own opinions, the streaming is just not my thing. Watching afterwards takes too long and most of the streams are unfortunately at stupid oclock at night so watching live is out. I watch some of it every now and then. I do like all the other video content. I hope we can get that batch of Agatha Fisty videos soon for instance. What LRR puts out is certainly good enough imho to warrant my patreon support, but I hope there might be some more shorter (scripted) video content in the future.
I might add some points later, but typing on my phone is not ideal.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 02 Oct 2016, 09:25

... There's a live Feed Dump? Have I not heard of this?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 02 Oct 2016, 10:03

Feed dump is still recorded and edited its not live.

The format has changed a little, they are more free with profanity and the stories tend to be a more focused on yuck rather than quirky but its still the same show, recorded in the same way.

Host: "here is the story"
Guest: "haha what about this joke"
Guest: "well no but if we twist it like this"
Host: "perfect, lets record that"

then it goes off to the edit booth, same as before. The extra pushes that are on LRL are also recorded they are just bits that got cut from the episode.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 02 Oct 2016, 12:12

Dahh, brainfart. I'm mixing it up with checkpoint... nevermind my comment then
xantheros
First Video: cHustle 4

Postby xantheros » 02 Oct 2016, 13:12

2stepz is possibly referring to the fact that recent episodes of Feed Dump have been a bit later on Friday than previously was the case. I can't recall any weeks that have been missed altogether though.
unpronounceable
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby unpronounceable » 02 Oct 2016, 15:30

I've been happy with the content as is, but I found I didn't enjoy this year's cH episodes as much as last year's. I think at least part of it is the lack of a B plot. I can understand taking them out, since it basically doubles the workload, but I was wondering if this was a conscious decision for cH, considering you've kept them in for FN.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 02 Oct 2016, 17:26

I think the issue for Feed Dump might be
1) I didn't realize it had moved from Wednesdays to Fridays... and
2) Things are not consistently being posted HERE. They may go up on YouTube regularly, but I haven't truly transitioned to that venue yet.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 03 Oct 2016, 00:00

They mentioned the move to Fridays in the YouTube Update, I believe. (However, the YouTube update has since stopped... updating...)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 03 Oct 2016, 05:06

I know that you are quite busy people and updating the website shouldn't be the highest priority, but it would be nice if videos appear on the website a bit quicker than they currently do.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 03 Oct 2016, 16:37

AdmiralMemo wrote:They mentioned the move to Fridays in the YouTube Update, I believe. (However, the YouTube update has since stopped... updating...)

Sounds like something you might have to, you know, watch YouTube to catch? See my 2nd point above. :)
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 03 Oct 2016, 21:56

I never post here, but this topic was brought to my attention.

We appreciate feedback and input from the fanbase, but if I'm honest I think there are more constructive ways to go about it than starting a thread essentially saying "I think your content is bad now and here is how you should 'fix' it."

As Graham has already stated, a lot of the content is the way it is because that was the form that actually worked. Cycling hosts for example is a great idea on paper, but the pairings and slots we ended up with were the result of a lot of negotiation and trying to jigsaw schedules together. Same with the idea of making TS a prerecorded segment. It could be good. But think about what that actually entails: Cam and I would have to find time to do homework for our job, then record it, then find someone who isn't already occupied editing the tons of other stuff we make to put it together.

I dunno. Maybe we are spread a little thin. And maybe we need to hear that so we can think about it, maybe change it. But please do us the courtesy of couching it in friendlier, more helpful terms?

One last personal note that may not be apparent as I primarily discuss it on twitter - I'm working through some pretty horrendous mental health problems over the last while, so just know that if my content doesn't always deliver what you want? It's what I can manage. I'm trying my best, and I take pride in what I can manage in spite of my burdens. And if I'm honest, it stings to have it implied that I'm not trying hard enough or doing it properly.

We will listen to what you have all said and do what we can. Please continue to bear/work with us.
Arclight_Dynamo
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » 03 Oct 2016, 22:23

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, obviously, but my intention in posting was to say "Things are ticking along pretty smoothly, and I'm happy with everything. Here are some thoughts on what would make things even better for me, specifically, but I understand why that may not be desirable or possible. You're people, not performing monkeys."

I hope that was clear, and that I didn't cause any distress. If I did, I apologize unreservedly. :|
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 03 Oct 2016, 22:37

This was mainly directed at the OP, who is might even be on the same page as you - I just think they could have phrased it a little better.
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 04 Oct 2016, 01:25

Much as one of the points of the forums is a place to kvetch about the content, Alex's comments get at an aspect of the thread that bothered me. Sure the intent's probably innocent but there's something confrontational about starting a thread (and an account) with a poll that appears to say 'the content isn't good enough (Y/N)' and a salvo of complaints.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 04 Oct 2016, 04:07

Alex Steacy wrote:I never post here, but this topic was brought to my attention.

We appreciate feedback and input from the fanbase, but if I'm honest I think there are more constructive ways to go about it than starting a thread essentially saying "I think your content is bad now and here is how you should 'fix' it."

As Graham has already stated, a lot of the content is the way it is because that was the form that actually worked. Cycling hosts for example is a great idea on paper, but the pairings and slots we ended up with were the result of a lot of negotiation and trying to jigsaw schedules together. Same with the idea of making TS a prerecorded segment. It could be good. But think about what that actually entails: Cam and I would have to find time to do homework for our job, then record it, then find someone who isn't already occupied editing the tons of other stuff we make to put it together.

I dunno. Maybe we are spread a little thin. And maybe we need to hear that so we can think about it, maybe change it. But please do us the courtesy of couching it in friendlier, more helpful terms?

One last personal note that may not be apparent as I primarily discuss it on twitter - I'm working through some pretty horrendous mental health problems over the last while, so just know that if my content doesn't always deliver what you want? It's what I can manage. I'm trying my best, and I take pride in what I can manage in spite of my burdens. And if I'm honest, it stings to have it implied that I'm not trying hard enough or doing it properly.

We will listen to what you have all said and do what we can. Please continue to bear/work with us.

To maybe offset the bitter taste just a little bit I recently discovered your play-trough of Alice: Madness Returns and just binge watched the whole thing. I found that particular stream to be highly entertaining and watching someone point out the details of "set design" I would otherwise have missed was great.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 04 Oct 2016, 04:36

Criticism in any form is difficult to give and difficult to take, especially in a community like this that, afaik, is generally positive and supportive. Sometimes you don't want to say something in fear of being harsh or seen as just being negative, but you also want to let your opinion be known, even if it comes from a frustrated or negative place. A comment on a video or in a live chat is often just washed away in the sea voices, but here there can be some kind of discussion at least and that's what I think the OP was trying to get across, I hope. And realistically, you can dislike anything and hope it changes, but there's not really a pleasant avenue to say "Hey, don't do this thing I don't like anymore", especially when it doesn't come up unless someone makes a thread like this.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 04 Oct 2016, 05:24

On the other side of things, I'm honestly very happy with everything for the last while. The change to the streaming schedule was cool, and it's actually gotten IX back into watching a lot of the streams with me. I'm months behind in the actual streams because I want to watch almost all of them, but I don't mind because it's all so good. Sure I'd like more QWERPline and sWs, but I love everything I get so much it's just a bonus treat when those things do come out.

This isn't to shit all over the people who are unhappy with the way things are, I just wanted to balance it out a little because I realised by not saying anything I was just letting the negative rule.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 04 Oct 2016, 06:56

LoadingReadyRun makes up an astonishingly high percentage of all media content I consume. What you guys do means the world to me, and has helped me in ways I can never adequately thank you for. Hopefully my previous comment didn't come across as overly negative or accusatory, I simply wanted to express the feeling that it is disappointing when a show you love develops an irregular update schedule. I don't intend to ascribe blame on anyone, life is hard, and you all have so much going on right now that its completely understandable. And I am glad you guys are experimenting with new projects, and hope you continue to do so. My only real feedback would be to consider how to integrate that project into your existing workflow before you commit to it. And if a project becomes unsustainable, and will likely never return, let us know. I cant speak for everyone, but personally I'd rather a show be cancelled (Even if I love it) than in limbo

I hope you guys keep growing and continuing to do what you do :)
hacofo
First Video: DB5 Stream

Postby hacofo » 04 Oct 2016, 08:12

I think I could have phrased my comment better, should it have been revived the wrong way, the thing I've wanted to say is:
I love the stuff that is there and is being released.
I miss some things that are no longer produced, because they made some of my bad days bearable.
And while I'd like to see some things more often and others be a bit more punctual, there are things that are way more important.
Be it dayjobs, time with Penelope and most importantly your health.
If my last comment wasn't clear on those points I'd like to apologize, because it wasn't meant in a negative way.
And as I've said already last post I'm looking forward to many more years with LRR as one of my main sources of entertainment.
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 04 Oct 2016, 13:32

After remembering how I was rushed to wrap up my initial post, I feel like now is a good time to expand upon my sentiment of
Aeralis wrote:tl:dr; More standard videos would be wonderful.

"Standard videos" isn't explicitly referring to full-on scripted or pre-planned things like Hustles, Crapshots, or Qwerplines. I've been greatly enjoying the gvlogs, and the G&K Go to Japan videos were some of my favorite LRR content yet.

I guess a better way to have put it would be "I, personally, would be thrilled to see more bite-sized content bits to go along with the full-on banquets that are the streams." With Life happening to everyone it is understandable that the much easier to produce stream content overtook the presence of the non-stream content, but if the topic of honest feedback pops up, it only makes sense to give honest personal insight.

Booster wrote:LoadingReadyRun makes up an astonishingly high percentage of all media content I consume.

Also, holy crap, yeah? Like I didn't even realize until just now that the bulk of what I've been watching over the past couple weeks has been LRR content. Granted a lot of that is me getting caught up on old gvlogs and the PAX videos, but still. (And I STILL need to watch that new mailbox video!) Content may have slowed, but it's still a sizable amount compared to my other subscriptions.

Return to “General Discussion”