LRR Community Streamer

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Re: LRR Community Streamer

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Apr 2016, 21:41

I'm considering setting up some regular streaming spots. However, I'm not sure when I'd get people able to watch me stream. So I've set up a StrawPoll trying to get a feel for when people would be interested/available to watch me play games on-stream. Can I get some people who might be interested to fill it out? This wouldn't be any sort of commitment, of course. I'm just trying to gauge broad, general interest at the moment, which is why the times are also pretty broad in scope and not specific yet.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 09 May 2016, 22:59

As much as I hate to say it... I'm on an INDEFINITE HIATUS for my stream until further notice.

Right now, a scheduling conflict w/ Kate (who's difficult to compete with) & a general malaise with streaming just knocked the will to broadcast out of me. I'll probably look at the schedule & see where I could fit (as I like to find an open spot)... but it'll likely be a while before I resume again.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 10 May 2016, 00:33

I'm adopting a schedule at last! For the coming week anyway. With the release of Stellaris, I'm gonna be playing it a ton, so I'll be streaming it every day at 19:00 GMT over at https://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
RebelliousUno
First Video: don't recall came after unskippable

Postby RebelliousUno » 10 May 2016, 01:16

TStodden, stream because you want to. Don't worry if other people have the same slot. People will come regardless. Don't be discouraged keep. Remember the words from Wayne's world 2 "if you build it they will come"
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 10 May 2016, 15:38

RebelliousUno wrote:TStodden, stream because you want to. Don't worry if other people have the same slot. People will come regardless. Don't be discouraged keep. Remember the words from Wayne's world 2 "if you build it they will come"
This doesn't seem to be true, at least of my streams. :-(

TStodden
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 10 May 2016, 21:46

I am working on my streaming set up / layout a bit to make it a little more professional... but it'll be difficult to get all the necessary fabric for the green-screening I want to do.

I'll probably see how the new shows are w/ LRL to see whether I stick to my late night deal (which is probably why the desired viewership is low) or go with something a bit more primetime (with a different show name).
~TStodden
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 13 May 2016, 18:59

I've set up streaming, but need to update my graphics card for unrelated reasons. If I have completed this tomorrow and not purged the instrument of my rage with the all-cleansing tool of fire, I will attempt to stream a Sherlock Holmes adventure game on the "Motorwaffle" channel.
TStodden

Postby TStodden » 18 May 2016, 15:07

Still working on improving my set-up (hard to find a viable greenscreen fabric in bulk), but with the LRR stream schedule now provides a viable option for my stream.

I'll be resuming on Tuesday, May 24th @ 10:00 PM CDT through Midnight with a bonus "After Dark" stream at 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM CDT. I've already added myself back to the community calendar to reflect this.
~TStodden
SoundGuy0dB
First Video: Checkpoint & Strip Search

Postby SoundGuy0dB » 14 Jun 2016, 01:22

Hey all.

I'm just starting out streaming, been considering it for a while & decided to give it a go. If all works out well I hope it becomes a regular thing.

My stream: http://www.twitch.tv/soundguy0db
Scheduled time: No set schedule, mainly Tues, Sat, Sun afternoons/evenings GMT
Chance for bonus streams: Yes
Twitter notifications: @soundguy0db
Website with calendar: Not at the moment.

Games: A variety, most likely at the moment: Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3, XCOM 2, Overwatch & probably many more to come.

So if ya feel like watching a Scot make a fool of himself on the internet feel free to swing by and take a look :P
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 17 Jun 2016, 20:28

Couple small announcements: I guess at this point it's been a long time since I've had a regular stream, so unsurprisingly, I'm just going to go ahead and cancel my regular time slot on the calendar. If it gets to a point later on in my life where I can get the free time to stream regularly again, I would definitely look back into it, but I just really don't have the time or energy these days. Plus, it feels kind of unfair to keep "hogging up" the slot if I'm not using it.

Upshot: going forward, I'm going to stick almost exclusively to gimmick / special event streams. Specifically, I have this hot mess planned in just a few days time. I don't have edit permits for the calendar (or at least I don't think I do? I've never tried / don't know how), so if some kind sould could cram this special event in for me as a once-off, that's be most appreciated.

So yeah... looks like I clearly didn't learn dick about damn ruining my health and wellbeing last time, what with FF7. Join me for some of the mayhem this time around - I can guarantee a non-zero amount of practically drunken slash sleep-deprivation induced incoherent rambling. Should be fun for everyone who isn't me. : p

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Anaerin
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Anaerin » 28 Jun 2016, 13:57

Well, ghost_of_leg_bot has some minor updates.

First, in the backend, it's using it's client auth, as required by Twitch, for API calls. Secondly, it has moved away entirely from irc and https and is not using tmi.js to handle all the communication with twitch.
Third, quotes are now listed on the website, at http://ghostoflegbot.website/qdb

In case you missed it, yes, Quotes are now available and working well. Quotes are editable and addable by mods. More details are, of course, available on the information page: http://anaerins.blogspot.ca/2015/07/legbot.html

Also, as mentioned, barks can be triggered by HTTP call, so you can have a hidden image (or AJAX call of some description) on your "Thanks for watching" scene that prompts ghost_of_leg_bot to say the particular bark you have defined. So, for instance, if you had a bark called "endstream", pointing a HTML plugin to "http://ghostoflegbot.website/api/channel/<yourchannel>/bark/endstream" would have ghost_of_leg_bot say that bark automatically whenever you switched to that scene.
TStodden

Postby TStodden » 06 Jul 2016, 22:02

Thanks for the update there...

I hate to shift my stream around, but since my parents have gotten online, I have to push my stream to Tuesday mornings from 1a - 3a CDT until September to work on their online literacy & configure stuff for them.
~TStodden
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 16 Aug 2016, 20:38

My stream: http://www.twitch.tv/weisedrachenjaeger
Scheduled time: Tuesday, 4:30-7:30 PM Pacific Time; Friday 11AM-2PM Pacific Time.
Chance for bonus streams: Slim but not zero. Depends on work schedule.
Twitter notifications: Not at this time.
Website with calendar: Not at this time.

I've gotten hooked on No Man's Sky, and before that I was working on a playthrough of XCOM with Long War, rendered roughly as easy as possible with Second Wave options. I still scrub out regularly. =P
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 17 Aug 2016, 05:37

https://www.twitch.tv/elominsha

Only one video up at the moment. Once I get more into my new role with XBOX/GAME I'll probably do more.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
azninsect
First Video: Friday Nights - The Long Road

Postby azninsect » 31 Aug 2016, 04:55

I've started getting in on this streaming business. My only problem is when I stream it's like 2am PNW time.

I'm still establishing a regular schedule, it's kinda random at the moment. I'm mostly solo-queueing Overwatch a lot.

http://twitch.tv/azninsect
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 01 Sep 2016, 14:01

Just a quick note - you may (or may not) have noticed a "Donate" button on the http://ghostoflegbot.website/ interface - The domain needs renewal, and I don't have the funds necessary to do so right now. If you're using ghost_of_leg_bot, feel it's worthwhile, and can afford to, it would help immensely if you could chip in a few bucks. Thanks folks.

Also, if you're a streamer and would like ghost_of_leg_bot's services in your channel, drop me a line, or just whisper it (or join it's channel and ask it to !join). It will auto-track your channel if you're on the streamer calendar, but not join your channel (for stats, barks, antispam and the like) unless you ask it to.

I'm working on an overhaul right now to use the "Follow" system within Twitch, to hopefully make live notifications a little better, and once that is done I'm intending to knuckle down and do a refactor in ES6, which should make the source a little more readable, and after that I'm intending to add proper logging in functionality, to track quotes and advice, and to allow channel owners more control over what ghost_of_leg_bot does in their channel.

[edit] Let's use the right URL, shall we? Thanks MasterGunner [/edit]
Last edited by Anaerin on 01 Sep 2016, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Sep 2016, 17:02

Shouldn't that be http://ghostoflegbot.website/? Didn't work for me with the underscores.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 01 Sep 2016, 19:26

Master Gunner wrote:Shouldn't that be http://ghostoflegbot.website/? Didn't work for me with the underscores.

Whoops. Yes, it should. Post edited. Thanks Gunner.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Sep 2016, 20:45

Just curious how much the domain renewal costs? If it's more than $20 a year, I could help out by using some of my connections to get it down to that much.

Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 02 Sep 2016, 13:51

Thanks to a generous donation, it's been taken care of. The domain (currently) costs ~$17USD/year. The bigger expense would be the hosting fees, but as I have some credits with Windows Azure, that's taken care of.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 03 Sep 2016, 21:34

Sweet!

TStodden

Postby TStodden » 05 Sep 2016, 00:26

I thought it was only going to be for 2 months... but since my father hasn't gotten up to full speed online (with Facebook & everything NOT on Netflix / Hulu), my original "summer schedule" will be permanent until further notice.

Mostly because I don't want stream from my parent's place for multiple reasons (part headache, part costs w/ a metered connection & part TOS concerns... mostly with dad).

As for doing my due diligence w/ Ghost_of_LegBot, I fired off a donation... not a first-born son, but every bit helps. I just wished it wasn't in Canadian Dollars (having to rough conversion math to American Dollars). With the push towards sales at work & commission (something I'm not thrilled with... mostly because of the temptation of "corner cutting" on the finer details w/ customers), there's likely more potential disposable income for me to work with.
~TStodden
Frednotbob
First Video: Suspend your Disbelief

Postby Frednotbob » 05 Oct 2016, 10:41

Who: Frednotbob
Where: twitch.tv/frednotbob (The Archive).
What: Primarily the classics (Sierra, LucasArts, etc).
When: Mon/Wed/Fri 7:00-10:00 Pacific Time
Bonus Streams: I'm just starting out, so maybe...
Twitter notifications: twitter.com/frednotbob
Website/Calendar: Not yet.

I might add old-school interactive fiction to the list, if aanyone has an unexplainable urge to watch me type for two straight hours :wink: .
LunarJade
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby LunarJade » 07 Oct 2016, 08:46

Who: LunarJade
Where: twitch.tv/LunarJade
What: Currently only crafting
When: Mon/Wed 9am - noon Pacific Time
Bonus Streams: Likely around one a week for now.
Twitter notifications: twitter.com/lunarjade
Website/Calendar: Not yet.

I've just started roughly a couple of weeks back. I'd like to actually add at least one more scheduled time but until I get a handle on the stream and get more work on improving it done I'll just be doing bonus streams here and there.
CommanderKeen
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby CommanderKeen » 11 Oct 2016, 23:24

Who: Me!
Where: twitch.tv/markeburge
What: Games. Mostly games I've missed on PC over the past 15 years, so basically anything. I'm streaming Bastion right now, but I've played KSP, Contraption Maker, Portal and other stuff so far.
When: Usually Sun-Tues 10pm-1am Pacific
Bonus Streams: In the morning before work sometimes? So like any day 10am-12pm?
Twitter notifications: twitter.com/markeburge
Website/Calendar: markburge.ca, but no calendar yet- The streaming is more a byproduct of playing games and being somewhat social while doing it.
Last edited by CommanderKeen on 10 Sep 2017, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”