Seventh Annual Secret Santa: Sign ups Closed

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Seventh Annual Secret Santa: Sign ups Closed

Postby Elomin Sha » 22 Oct 2016, 15:18

I thought I'd get the ball rolling now as I'm going to be going to Belgium next week

WHAT IT IS:

To celebrate the holiday we will be doing a Christmas gift exchange! This is where you will send someone a gift under $10.00 in the mail and you in return will receive one.

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE: This is an International Gift Exchange. Your Secret Santa could live on the other side of the world! Unless you want to pay 3x as much for shipping as you did for the gift, keep the gift size small and light. Do not send weapons. Do not send food. These things will more than likely be confiscated by customs if you get someone across the pond from you. If you need help with how to ship something visit your local post office for the best advice. Alternatively, if you don’t feel creative or want to save all together on shipping, online gift cards are fabu in style!

DONATIONS: The previous head of the LRRSS, Rocket, asked for small donations of $1-$3 for Santees who somehow were stiffed on gifts through accidents, lost mail or other. And if all presents made it the donation will go to DB. I won't do that this year but will cover anyone with missing gifts personally, I'm nice. IF you still wish to do so anyway give me a PM and I will sort things out.

IMPORTANT:
Also, because of the time of year please expect some gifts to be delayed, especially if gifts are being shipped internationally.
Anyone who enters Secret Santa this year but does not send a gift will be banned for next year.

HOW IT WORKS:

1.Respond to this thread with your username and the word: CONFIRMED in ALL CAPS AND YELLOW.

It should look like this:

ELOMIN SHA: CONFIRMED

2.Below your username, please include a bit about yourself to give your secret santa an idea of what you like. Please don’t make it a “gift wish list”. Put this part in GREEN!

It should look something like this:

I am a pyromaniac with a sensitive side. I like fires and setting things on fire but I like to express myself artistically through the medium of dance. Cha cha cha!

Now, this is just to give your secret santa an idea of who you are and what types of things you like. This is beneficial if people are newer to the forums and don’t have a strong feel of what you might like. This is not a gift wish list. It is not a reflection of what you may receive as a gift. It is entirely up to the giver what they want to send you! Don’t feel restricted by the ‘blurb’ – use as much imagination and creativity as you want! Gifts are not limited to purchasing; you can absolutely make your gift if you are feeling crafty!

What it should NOT look like:

Give me a chalk duster.

3.PM me your mailing address and a REAL name. Rocket had issues in the past with the post office and forum names. Please make sure to include your zip or postal. I do NOT keep addresses after the Secret Santa season is over, so if you assume I still have your info from last year, I do not. It is all deleted because I feel like keeping your personal information is weird and I don’t like it. Note: I will not be selling your details onto the NSA.

4.LAST DAY TO SIGN UP IS NOVEMBER 22nd. I will not take names after that. I tried to accommodate late sign ups in years past, and it made things very difficult! Some people didn’t end up getting their gifts until February! This gives you a week and a bit if you want to sign up.

5.Names will be drawn on the 23rd. You will get a pm with your Secret Santa as well as their address. You can then visit this thread to read the blurb about your secret santa if you need ideas.

6.Go forth and get or make a gift!

Please have your gift sent out by 8th December.

AGAIN: Mail is CRAZY SAUCE during Christmas and will probably take weeks to get to your Secret Santa. Especially if you get someone far away. Feel free to include a card or a note, and please include your forum name in your package. I know this means you don’t get to guess who your secret santa is in the end, but honestly, you can’t send a package in the mail without including your name and addy, so it’s a giveaway already.

7.When you receive your package please do not post on the forum WHO your package was from since people won’t get their packages at the same time and the process of elimination makes it less fun. However! Feel free to post photos of your super awesome gift and the glee on your face! <--- The most fun!

8.Have a Merry Christmas!

Also again note: if you need to drop out please tell me BEFORE NOVEMBER 25th. If you sign up and then do not deliver on your promise, you will not be eligible for next years secret santa as it is completely unfair of you to accept a gift and not send one.

AND OFFICIAL SIGN UP GO GO GO GO GO!!!
Last edited by Elomin Sha on 23 Nov 2016, 05:44, edited 2 times in total.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Elomin Sha

Re: Seventh Annual Secret Santa: Sign-Ups Started

Postby Elomin Sha » 22 Oct 2016, 15:21

Elomin Sha: Confirmed

You guys should know me by now. I've become a fungus living inside the mid roots of this forum. Fan of early Japanese history. Self-deluded artist and gamer.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 22 Oct 2016, 20:16

Avistew: Confirmed

I love cats (I have three) and I knit but I'm allergic to wool so I only use synthetic fibers. I'm currently taking Spanish and ASL in college. I like fantasy and science-fiction, board games, pen and paper RPGs and videogames. My favorite color is red.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 24 Oct 2016, 13:27

MinniChi: CONFIRMED

I like yarn work, sewing, reading sci-fi/fantasy, and teaching my amazing boys various life skills.

Whomever I am to send gifts to, you will receive something homemade. Could be an animal plush, could be a blanket, or an amazing viking beard.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 26 Oct 2016, 04:59

Booster: CONFIRMED

I like Magic, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Nintendo, and Disney. I am currently a teacher, but will soon be returning to the world of being a student.
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 27 Oct 2016, 09:41

Booster wrote:Booster: CONFIRMED

I like Magic, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Nintendo, and Disney. I am currently a teacher, but will soon be returning to the world of being a student.

A physics/math teacher*
:P
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 31 Oct 2016, 14:29

JackSlack: CONFIRMED

I like games and game related accessories. I also adore getting local tourist awfulness or regional oddities.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 05 Nov 2016, 16:36

JackSlack wrote:I also adore getting local ... oddities.

I am not sending myself to you as a present.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 06 Nov 2016, 00:21

Deedles: CONFIRMED

I like The Legend of Zelda, Star Wars, Warcraft, Minecraft, Skyrim, The Sims and other stuff along those lines. I really like game stuff in general. I also adore knights, both black and white, like Paladins and Death Knights in World of Warcraft, or Jedi and Sith in Star Wars, which I guess explains why Dragonheart is my favourite movie! But really I'll be happy whatever I get, I adore the surprise! :D

I hope I didn't babble too much. D:
Hurp-De-Durp!
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 08 Nov 2016, 18:05

Join us! Send a present to another continent! Receive one from the next town over!*

The Secret Santa is fun. Send a random present to someone from another country and get one from yet another country.

Elomin! Can I submit my kids in this? They would love to send a present or two to people in other cities/countries/continents.

*Actually happened 2 years ago to me.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 08 Nov 2016, 19:11

Sure. I think this year is going the be quiet this year for sign-ups. Was it something I said?
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 09 Nov 2016, 02:22

Nah, I think it's just that the forum has been a bit quiet overall.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Nov 2016, 02:38

It has been quiet, I just wanted to make a joke.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 09 Nov 2016, 03:24

Ah, sorry. My sense of humour seems absent this morning.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Nov 2016, 11:24

It was referencing the what can/cannot be said thing from a few months back. I wasn't taking it seriously, just reinvigurated the forum for a bit.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 09 Nov 2016, 12:08

Edit: nothing to see here. :P
Last edited by Jamfalcon on 21 Nov 2016, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 12 Nov 2016, 11:14

Should add, I'm not going to Belgium. That was last year.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 19 Nov 2016, 12:18

Last couple days left to sign up.
artemiskit
First Video: Commodore Hustle...? Long time ago...

Postby artemiskit » 19 Nov 2016, 21:58

ARTEMISKIT: CONFIRMED

I'm a fan of most of the usual nerdy things: MTG, Harry Potter, Pokemon, Discworld, Zelda and the like. I'm also a fan of odd things specific to certain locations :D

Never done something like this before, but I'm interested to spread some cheer and see how this goes ^_^
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 20 Nov 2016, 02:23

Noted.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 20 Nov 2016, 04:41

Phailhammer: CONFIRMED

I am the forum's resident Higurashi nut, and also an aspiring game developer, trying to actually make something to show that I do, in fact, know what I'm doing. In terns of playing, rather than making, games, I primarily go for strategy (mainly Paradox, so Stellaris, Europa Uuiversalis 4, etc.), but I also go for things like Jalopy. I don't read very much anymore (prose fiction, at least), though I do write a bit. I also draw a bit.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 20 Nov 2016, 17:05

KING KOOL: CONFIRMED

I don't play Magic. That's all the hint you get.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 21 Nov 2016, 00:46

Hey, so sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to drop out. My December's looking busier and busier and I don't think I'll have the chance to do anything more than buy something off Amazon and have it sent right to my Santee, and that's not much fun for them.

Looking forward to seeing what you all do, though! :)
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Nov 2016, 05:26

No problem.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 22 Nov 2016, 05:17

Return to “General Discussion”