How did you come upon loadingreadyrun?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Tirk

How did you come upon loadingreadyrun?

Postby Tirk » 24 Aug 2007, 22:03

Title explains it all, pretty simple question. I'm just curious to as how other people found this not very publicized, yet wonderfully filled with a nice gooey center of pure comedy, website.

Personally I was using stumble upon and came to the "Rejected Wii-play games" So kudos to whoever marked this site~
OmegaZultan

Postby OmegaZultan » 24 Aug 2007, 22:05

This girl I know lives in the Victoria area, she sent me a link to Man cooking 2, I found it awesome, watched a few whatever things and actual videos, found out these guys are as geeky as I am, also far more interesting than I, this got me hooked ^_^.
--OmegaZultan--
When the world ends, Bill begins.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Aug 2007, 22:06

This subject always, always interests me.
For example, I love Man Cooking, but I wouldn't expect it as a "gateway video" shall we say.

All of you, do tell!
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 24 Aug 2007, 22:08

I have no clue. I kinda showed up here I think. Been around since the end of season 2, I think. Probably linked by word of mouth or one of the more awesome webcomics I read.

You guys should totally get a list of webcomics read by us forumgoers, and then approach those webcomics with link swaps. You will gain a ton of fans, I am sure.

~Alja-Markir~
OmegaZultan

Postby OmegaZultan » 24 Aug 2007, 22:09

Alja-Markir wrote:I have no clue. I kinda showed up here I think. Been around since the end of season 2, I think. Probably linked by word of mouth or one of the more awesome webcomics I read. I think

~Alja-Markir~

sorry, had to^^

Oh, as for time, it was earlier this year, I believe ways to hide a body was recent...It's a way away though.

BTW Alja, that was me poking at your multiple I thinks, just a joke, no offense was meant.
Last edited by OmegaZultan on 24 Aug 2007, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
--OmegaZultan--

Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 24 Aug 2007, 22:11

I don't get it.

~Alja~
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 24 Aug 2007, 22:21

Talk like a pirate day last year. I was playing Eve-online, and someone linked it in the eve radio chat channel. So I was lead here and saw the video. It wasn't actually until November I started watching the rest of the videos though. I think it involved one of those long nights where you don't want to go to bed, but you reached the end of the internet and make a U-turn and find some new content.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 24 Aug 2007, 22:39

Used to hang out with these guys in highschool. Knew of the website for the while through them, and one day started posting.

I dont really watch the videos.... i used to wtch the WT but then I found it got boring. some of the vids rock but not all of them. it's the forum that keeps me here.
-^_^-
NecroVale
Card-Carrying Cool Person
First Video: Door to Door

Postby NecroVale » 24 Aug 2007, 22:40

A guy I know from college was showing me and some other friends some videos that he'd found and enjoyed. One of which was Door to Door, and I lol'd at it, so later I did a google search for it (he had told me the name of the site, but it's kind of hard to get right after hearing it the first time), and here I am.
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 24 Aug 2007, 22:45

I actually originally came to the site because of Gumbubble. I go to the same school as Mik (though I don't actually know him) and on a board in one of the classrooms I saw written with a "PLO" sign: "Mik's comic: go to loadingreadyrun.com, click on 'gumbubble'!"

And then I watched Installation Anxiety, which drew me in.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » 24 Aug 2007, 22:45

My friend had a mad-crush on Andrew, one of the talents of LRR, in the 9th grade. She'd always get one of us to go up to him and talk to him for her, and it was always really embarassing for him. She'd follow him everywhere, and knew where his locker was, his entire timetable, and all of his outside-of-school activities. When he graduated, the stalking continued, and she looked his name up on the internet and found this (I'm assuming).

She showed me "At least you're not dead" and that was the first video of LRR that I ever saw. I instantly added it to my bookmarks and became a big fan. :D

Usually, whenever I try to get my friends hooked on it, I introduce them to "Suspend your Disbelief" and "Sleep Dep Experiment". The latter is my absolute favourite video (I think just beceause I totally wish my friends and I did cool stuff like that), and then former because I feel it's really creative, entertaining, amusing, and sort of makes all my friends want to see more of what's available on the site, as opposed to some of the other videos, which I find increase in hilarity the more other videos you've seen.
Last edited by Vicky on 24 Aug 2007, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 24 Aug 2007, 22:49

I was tricked here, due to spending a large part of my developmental years with the majority of the cast.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers

Postby Lord Chrusher » 24 Aug 2007, 23:02

I was friends with Graham in elementary school. I ran into Graham on the bus near the end of season one and he told about the site and gave me a LRR business card. The first video I saw was Door to Door. It took me a few months to join the forums though.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 24 Aug 2007, 23:18

Someone posted 1337 on the purepwnage forums. And then watched all the videos starting from the beginning. Pimp my chair was the second thing I've watched, then dangers of cigarettes, super mystery can show down adn then all the sheer stupidities.
i dont know what's happening anymore
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 24 Aug 2007, 23:21

I saw Graham many a year ago, at the local anime convention.

Our eyes met, the light shone bright. His camera was all up in my face.

Thus, YaMario has been here ever since.
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.
NecroVale
Card-Carrying Cool Person

Postby NecroVale » 24 Aug 2007, 23:23

Lavos wrote:Someone posted 1337 on the purepwnage forums. And then watched all the videos starting from the beginning. Pimp my chair was the second thing I've watched, then dangers of cigarettes, super mystery can show down adn then all the sheer stupidities.

Really? I always assumed that you had just been spawned somewhere in the deep recesses of the internet to haunt whatever sites you wish, until which time the internets are no more, in the dark days. At which time you shall be free of your digital prison, and begin your reign of terror upon the world.
OmegaZultan

Postby OmegaZultan » 24 Aug 2007, 23:23

YamaroV2 wrote:I saw Graham many a year ago, at the local anime convention.

Oh god, you were "Vash" werent you?
--OmegaZultan--

Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 24 Aug 2007, 23:24

NecroVale wrote:
Lavos wrote:Someone posted 1337 on the purepwnage forums. And then watched all the videos starting from the beginning. Pimp my chair was the second thing I've watched, then dangers of cigarettes, super mystery can show down adn then all the sheer stupidities.

Really? I always assumed that you had just been spawned somewhere in the deep recesses of the internet to haunt whatever sites you wish, until which time the internets are no more, in the dark days. At which time you shall be free of your digital prison, and begin your reign of terror upon the world.
Or that.
i dont know what's happening anymore
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 24 Aug 2007, 23:34

OmegaZultan wrote:
YamaroV2 wrote:I saw Graham many a year ago, at the local anime convention.

Oh god, you were "Vash" werent you?

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad.
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.
OmegaZultan

Postby OmegaZultan » 24 Aug 2007, 23:35

Ah crap, sorry there, its just the way you said the rest, sounded exactly like that Vash guy.
--OmegaZultan--

Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 24 Aug 2007, 23:52

I found the site through my friend Sean. He showed a group of my friends The Worst Homosexual and I thought it was hilarious to the likes of which I had never previously known. After that I began watching all the back videos, WTs, and even found The Idiot Room on Youtube ^__^

Morgan's good looks had a bit to do with why I took such a liking to the site as well... :oops: (hey, just being honest here x3)
Tirk

Postby Tirk » 25 Aug 2007, 00:04

mistyladybug wrote:Morgan's good looks had a bit to do with why I took such a liking to the site as well... :oops: (hey, just being honest here x3)

I fear I must hold my tounge on this one, and who I think looks good in fear of having my tounge chopped off.._.; (Or worse?)
opalsky

Postby opalsky » 25 Aug 2007, 01:44

Quoting myself:

opalsky wrote:Duct tape. That's how it all started. You watch one video about the wonders of duct tape on YouTube and it leads to another and another and the next thing you know you're watching The Idiot Room #11 and Duct Tape Chest Waxing.

From that channel I learned of LRR. I came on over and watched a few videos and was immediately hooked. I joined a few days later.
"It's not what we don't know that hurts us; rather, what gets us into trouble is what we are absolutely certain of that just ain't so."--Mark Twain
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 25 Aug 2007, 03:13

opalsky, did the duct tape chest waxing involve a vehicle, and a trip to the hospitol?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
eiopqrtuwy
Smartest SpamBot Ever
First Video: Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ad's

Postby eiopqrtuwy » 25 Aug 2007, 04:59

How to Talk Like a Pirate.
First saw it on Slashdot upon release but didn't think much of it.

Several weeks later rewatched it from a forwarded link to You Tube, and ended up sifting through most of the videos hosted on You Tube by the user "loadingreadyrun"

at which point I finally bothered to visit the site (and watch all 100+ videos over the course of a few days) and now I check back regularly.

Return to “General Discussion”