How did you come upon loadingreadyrun?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 25 Aug 2007, 05:09

On another forum I was linked to "How to talk like a Pirate", and from there searched around the site for the other "LoadingReadyLanguage" videos, but by the time I finally got the joke, I had already watched about half the videos on the site, and was hooked.
AJ

Postby AJ » 25 Aug 2007, 06:50

I saw a link to the Rejected Get a Mac ads on Wikipedia. Then I watched Rejected Wii Play Games. Then I watched everything else.

Then I joined the wiki/forum.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 25 Aug 2007, 07:12

Master Gunner wrote: from there searched around the site for the other "LoadingReadyLanguage" videos, but by the time I finally got the joke, I had already watched about half the videos on the site, and was hooked.

That gave me the lols.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
darthsparkles

Postby darthsparkles » 25 Aug 2007, 09:11

it's all tank_girls fault.

she came to my house for the weekend once and instead of actually hanging out with me, she sat on my computer watching all these videos on some website. then she showed me man cooking and i lol'd. then i spent the next two days glued to my computer with her.
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 25 Aug 2007, 12:43

I went to Kei Kon 2004 and the crew were there filming the cosplay competition. I went to the site the week after to see the video (and because I was terrified I might be in it!!) and then ended up watching most of the other ones too. WAY back in season one. Then I joined the forums about 6 months later (perhaps because there were no forums before? I don't remember)

The I spread it to a number of my friend, a couple of whom post here more infrequently than I do, and a couple of whom just watch the videos every week.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 25 Aug 2007, 13:15

Saw 1337 when it was featured on Xfire a long time ago. Thought it might be interested. Watched the rest of your videos and it was cool...then I saw the "FORUM" Tab, and I signed the hell up.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 25 Aug 2007, 14:02

Thinking about it, I actually have to give credit where credit is due. Melendwyer (or at least that's how I think his sn is spelled) is a friend of my dance partner from my Introduction to Ballroom class. I was hanging with Megan (my dp) and some other people from the Harry Potter club here on campus and they decided to go over to someone's apartment/townhouse/hovel to watch the premiere episode of BBC's Robin Hood. At one point, Mendel came into the living room after we were done watching it and were just chatting. He wanted to show us these videos he saw online called Talk Like a Pirate and OMG Bears.

I joined the forums the beginning of March when I rediscovered the website while at home for the worst spring break ever (strep, uvulitis, and likely mono). This is actually the only forum i have ever posted on as excessively as I have been.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 25 Aug 2007, 15:35

tak197 wrote: This is actually the only forum i have ever posted on as excessively as I have been.
5 months and you already have 1k posts. Damn.
i dont know what's happening anymore
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 25 Aug 2007, 15:35

www.pvkii.com

Pirates Vikings Knights 2 mod for Half-Life 2, someone on their forums posted how to talk like a pirate, they actually posted a youtube link, so lucilly i liked it enough to type in the website it said at the beginning of the video.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 25 Aug 2007, 15:42

Lavos wrote:
tak197 wrote: This is actually the only forum i have ever posted on as excessively as I have been.

Misty and Emma are worse (better?) ;)
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 25 Aug 2007, 16:06

JesterJ. wrote:
Lavos wrote:5 months and you already have 1k posts. Damn.

Misty and Emma are worse (better?) ;)

Hey! :P

I just post a bit here and there, and my av/sig are recognizable, so it seems like I post alot more than I do. I'll be at 1k soon enough, though! ;D
The_Russ

Postby The_Russ » 25 Aug 2007, 17:30

Some time at the end of 2005. Was at a LAN over Christmas and a girl put on the 2004 Christmas special, The "12 geeks of Christmas" and I was hucked

Then I ended up watching EVERY LRR video that was online in the next couple of weeks. Now here I am, watching the new video every friday and the Whatever thing when ever Morgan decides to make one. Even got to do a "Whatever" in one of them :D ...In England
Bring on the trumpits!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 25 Aug 2007, 20:10

Lavos wrote:

Ummmm...

Thanks??
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 25 Aug 2007, 20:56

On the bottom of the Talk Like a Pirate Day page, they had a link to your How to Talk Like a Pirate, and badda-bing, next thing you know, I'm a devoted follower.
Image Image Image
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 25 Aug 2007, 21:49

I am here because of How to talk like a Pirate.

I came

i saw

I never left
opalsky

Postby opalsky » 26 Aug 2007, 03:18

Cake wrote:opalsky, did the duct tape chest waxing involve a vehicle, and a trip to the hospitol?

It didn't seem so. After the 'waxing,' Trenton was leaving the hairy duct tape on the supervisor's desk for him to find. He didn't seem to be in distress. As red as his chest was though, I bet he was in pain for quite a while. Maybe Graham will tell us how long it took T to recover. :)

The video is here.
"It's not what we don't know that hurts us; rather, what gets us into trouble is what we are absolutely certain of that just ain't so."--Mark Twain
Trademark

Postby Trademark » 26 Aug 2007, 10:37

Well, Like a lot of people here, I´ve learned about LRR from another forum. It was a actually a forum about drumming and there was a link to How to talk like a pirate video on Youtube. I really loved that one and then I was curious about the website it was from. Then I saw Job Hunt which was the last video back then and which I didn´t really like that much, then X ways to die in a horror movie. That was great on the contrary and convinced me to watch all of the other videos (well, those that are online).

I think that how to talk like a pirate made you (LRR) a lot of new fans. It was definitely the most published of all of videos (and one of the best).
The_Watchman

Postby The_Watchman » 27 Aug 2007, 19:38

Brought over when the Boll PSA was posted on a GFAQS boards. Didn't join the forums till Ask LRR came around though.
I think so Brain, but if they called them Sad Meals, then kids wouldn't buy them.
Vicious
First Video: At Least your not Dead

Postby Vicious » 27 Aug 2007, 19:46

Friend: "Dude!"

Me: "What?"

Friend: "You gotta check out this video man! It's SLAMMIN!"

Me: "What is it?"

Friend: "Dude gets a finger shoved up is butt in a Wii game!"

Me: "Nah, dude that sounds nasty..."

*Later that night in the comfort of my home*

Me: "HAHA! Second opinion!"

*Later that week*

Me: "Honey, you gotta watch this!"

Girlfriend: "Haha, that is pretty good! What else have they done?"

Me: "I don't know... I just don't know... I shall look into it tonight."
Citin

Postby Citin » 27 Aug 2007, 21:24

I'm happy to say, or rather embarrased to admit, that i discovered this site when someone linked me D-fer Madness while we were talking about roleplaying.

This site gave me the joy of staying up till 2 am on a tuesday before school mindlessly watching videos, or transcribing Lrr casts
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
Kobayashi

Postby Kobayashi » 28 Aug 2007, 00:04

Someone posted the "3 PS3" video - which I took for real for some reason - in the off-topic section of the counter-strike.de board. After checking out some more videos I recognized your genius and decided to stay.
German engineering in da house!
JoeNewberry
First Video: Rejected "Get a Mac" Ads

Postby JoeNewberry » 28 Aug 2007, 04:28

I was looking for clips of John Hodgman on YouTube because I loved The Areas of My Expertise. Since he plays the PC in the Mac vs PC ads, that led to various parodies, one of which was "Rejected Mac vs. PC Ads." I enjoyed it, so I watched all the other videos under the LoadingReadyRun YouTube profile, particularly "OMG Bears" and "Is This A Date?". When I exhausted those, I went to the website. That was about two weeks ago, and I've now watched all but a couple of Whatever Things and I need to listen to a few more podcasts, at which point I'll have to buy DVDs. You Canadians are like comedy drug dealers. You give me all this initial funny for free, but if I want a fix more often than once a week I have to shell out the big bucks.

I was particularly sucked in by Graham's line delivery. Speech impediment or not, you have the dulcite tones of a Michael J. Nelson or a Dave Foley. Paul having cake, in addition to three PS3s, also injected my veins with uncut high grade Canadian humor.

So, that's what brought me here and those were some of the things that kept me here and made my wife say that I ruin everything by driving it into the ground within the first ten hours of discovering it.
xahldera
First Video: Wyy

Postby xahldera » 28 Aug 2007, 08:39

My brother goes to IMDB. One day a link to the PSA:Uwe Boll video was posted there. He showed it to me. I laughed myself stupid. I decided to find the site that hosted this video to see what else was there. I liked what I saw and continued to watch them. I even went as far as to buy the Season 1 and 2 DVDs. Will need to get round to ordering the season 3 DVD one of these days.
xahldera...
Der Greys Der Hunde
Pattmyn

Postby Pattmyn » 28 Aug 2007, 15:29

Rejected Wii Play games via Engadget/Joystiq. Nuff said =P
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 28 Aug 2007, 21:47

Tirk wrote:
mistyladybug wrote:Morgan's good looks had a bit to do with why I took such a liking to the site as well... :oops: (hey, just being honest here x3)

I fear I must hold my tounge on this one, and who I think looks good in fear of having my tounge chopped off.._.; (Or worse?)

There will be no ill effects! We want to know you like like! (Please tell me it's Bill! Hee hee.)
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!

Return to “General Discussion”