Halloween Anyone?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 04 Oct 2007, 11:15

Alja-Markir wrote:I went as Westley from The Princess Bride once, in a black masked Dread Pirate Roberts outfit. No one got it except one person. She was this really old lady and she kinda stopped when she saw me, gave me a really inquisitive look, and then said "The Dread Pirate Roberts, I presume?". I had to cheer and we both just cracked up laughing.

~Alja~

Where do you live to have such pop-culturally aware elderly?

Also: I was considering Romana II or maybe Nyssa, but I don't think anyone would get it...
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!
-Satan wears a bucket hat!
-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?
-Lewis has AIDS
-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 04 Oct 2007, 11:31

Alja-Markir wrote:I went as Westley from The Princess Bride once, in a black masked Dread Pirate Roberts outfit. No one got it except one person. She was this really old lady and she kinda stopped when she saw me, gave me a really inquisitive look, and then said "The Dread Pirate Roberts, I presume?". I had to cheer and we both just cracked up laughing.

~Alja~

I'm pretty sure I would have missed it on the first guess, but having seen that movie (which I call "the Manly Man's Chick Flick") as much as I have, Once you told me I would have been both excited and kinda upset I didn't think of it first.

Could you tell me what you used for it? I may have to do that this year if I can.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » 04 Oct 2007, 12:39

This year I'm planning on going as a baby seal who has been simutaneously clubbed in the back of the head and also gotten its fins stuck in plastic bags and plastic 6-holders of pop/beer. (:

I'm starting the costume next week.
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 04 Oct 2007, 14:21

I'm thinking about being Béla Lugosi.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 04 Oct 2007, 15:04

Not just Dracula, but actually Bela Lugosi himself?
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 04 Oct 2007, 15:27

Yes. Just being a vampire is boring.
I'm going to be a dead Béla Lugosi though. Because Béla Lugosi's Dead.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 04 Oct 2007, 15:34

Be Nosferatu.

This:

or this:

I think we all know which one is cooler.

Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 04 Oct 2007, 15:34

tak197 wrote:I'm pretty sure I would have missed it on the first guess, but having seen that movie (which I call "the Manly Man's Chick Flick") as much as I have, Once you told me I would have been both excited and kinda upset I didn't think of it first.

Could you tell me what you used for it? I may have to do that this year if I can.

I borrowed some black piratey boots a friend of mine had, which were a tad small because not only do I have big feet, but also my friend happens to be a lass. They worked out in the end though. The clothes I actually made myself with a generic sewing pattern for a Rennaissance style outfit for the poofy sleeves and such. I just left off the frilly parts of the pattern and used a nice dark cloth with a dull texture.

The hardest part was the mask. I wanted it to look good, so I avoided those cheap plastic "opera masks" you can get anywhere and tried to make it myself. My first attempt involved some nice, black, old-throw-away leather and a wire mesh worked into it, but it wouldn't keep a proper shape like I had planned. So I ended up making a ceramic mask with the help of a friend. I basically sat with a lump of clay over my eyes and she shaped it, then we took it off, touched it up, cut out the eye holes, and then fired, painted, and refired it.

I already owned a nice replica sword with dark leather scabbard, so I at that point I was pretty much set.

~Alja~

Edit: Forgot about the gloves. Dropped ten bucks for a used pair at some thrift store.
darkduck

Postby darkduck » 06 Oct 2007, 03:48

Having been invited to a Halloween party for once, I suddenly need to think up a costume. :shock: Crap. WhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdo?
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 06 Oct 2007, 07:49

darkduck wrote:Having been invited to a Halloween party for once, I suddenly need to think up a costume. :shock: Crap. WhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdo?

I'm in the same situation. XD
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 06 Oct 2007, 10:21

darkduck wrote:Having been invited to a Halloween party for once, I suddenly need to think up a costume. :shock: Crap. WhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdowhatdoIdo?

A) how soon is the party?

B) what do you want to spend on it?

C) what is your favorite character right now?
darkduck

Postby darkduck » 06 Oct 2007, 12:19

3rd november
not too much money, but i'm willing to put in quite a lot of effort [edit]having realised that was quite vague, probably not more than £20[/edit]
sanakan. but that would be quite difficult. and i'd have to explain it to everyone.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 06 Oct 2007, 12:39

darkduck wrote:3rd november
not too much money, but i'm willing to put in quite a lot of effort [edit]having realised that was quite vague, probably not more than £20[/edit]
sanakan. but that would be quite difficult. and i'd have to explain it to everyone.

Well, now you have an idea of what you can do. Go For It.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 07 Oct 2007, 22:52

I am here to solve all your your costume problems! http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1719034
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
darkduck

Postby darkduck » 07 Oct 2007, 23:00

:shock:
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 09 Oct 2007, 06:10

Cake wrote:I am here to solve all your your costume problems! http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1719034

Dibs!!
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!

-Satan wears a bucket hat!

-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?

-Lewis has AIDS

-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 09 Oct 2007, 08:33

Big Daddy.

*nods sagely*

What, don't look at me to design it for you. Get crackin'!

Return to “General Discussion”