The Truce

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Lucalbizz
First Video: v

Re: The Truce

Postby Lucalbizz » 10 Nov 2007, 00:32

Paul wrote:Yay for Value Village post-Halloween clearance!

Yay that this let you realize such a great video.
Simply a great video, from visual and audio effects point of view.

More fantasy video!!!
Kneuronak
Doink

Postby Kneuronak » 10 Nov 2007, 06:53

The Pious Flea wrote: Is there a connection between Evil Inc. and these medievalesque Forces of Darkness? Or is Paul just typecast as evil but slightly incompetent leaders?
Who?
Woland

Moscow

Postby Woland » 10 Nov 2007, 08:13

Who's awesome map of Moscow is that in this wonderful homage to Sergei Lukyanenko?
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 10 Nov 2007, 08:43

Allen! wrote:Fucking brilliant, IMO. James' delivery of the "I live with Evil. Whoop de doo" attitude was perfect, and the whole idea was just fantastic.

I don't usually gush about your videos.

It's weird how when you do, they're the ones that are quite sucky.
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 10 Nov 2007, 08:53

Dr Frankenjam wrote:It's weird how when you do, they're the ones that I think are quite sucky.

Fixed that for you.

Let's try to keep in mind that we don't all have to share exactly the same sense of humor, and that the cast makes videos for a very broad set of tastes.
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

The subject is a burning flame

Postby Zombaholic » 10 Nov 2007, 08:55

I liked it, it was entertaining and it gave me a few chuckles. Once again it is shown that using the bully tactics is the way to be.

I liked the simple change in voices! It amused me when Paul or the other forces of evil talked.

Simple amused in a sense

And it goes without saying but...

I Smell a sitcom!
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
The Happy Friar

Postby The Happy Friar » 10 Nov 2007, 08:55

Yukikaze wrote:Also, I agree with Happy Friar. Forces of Darkness vs. Mr. Tiddlywinks, please.

we need to throw Matt's "WoW" character in there too. :) LRR: The MMORPG!

Metaleaf wrote:I like that Steve is reading a Dungeons and Dragons sourcebook while living with the Forces of Darkness.

i thought that's what it was... it must be a newer one then? I think mine is 1st or 2nd ed & I haven't seen the 4thed ones.
Not responsible for delays due to incorrect address, payment information, publisher date change, inclement weather or Samus and Solid Snake exchanging vows in a small but tasteful civil ceremony.
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 10 Nov 2007, 09:10

The Pious Flea wrote:
Dr Frankenjam wrote:It's weird how when you do, they're the ones that I think are quite sucky.

Fixed that for you.

Let's try to keep in mind that we don't all have to share exactly the same sense of humor, and that the cast makes videos for a very broad set of tastes.

Sorry. Thought i'd expressed clearly that it was my opinion in the earlier post. Obviously i did not and i apologise.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 10 Nov 2007, 11:31

I liked it. Again, loved the running at the beginning and the cool voices. The costumes were great. The opening scene looked really professional. I was kinda hoping for an over the top "300"ish epic but it turned out well this way.

I agree there were a couple parts that were a little slow (eg the lease signing) but overall quite well done.

Where did you guys film the first part? I usually recognize your locations but not this time.

Also liked the Dark Lords in the cute pink blankets :)
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
foxtrot_MGS

"hey Steve how'a bout another truce

Postby foxtrot_MGS » 10 Nov 2007, 15:26

that was a great video (as always).

"what about when you sacrifice goats"
Ishamel

Postby Ishamel » 12 Nov 2007, 06:39

Aw that was Halloween stuff??? Canada rocks! That could easily pass as proper amazing LARP kit! And people trick or treat in that where you live? what a waste!!

Maybe it's Graham's British side coming through in the writing that caused the divide in opinion over whether this was hilarious, but IN ENGLAND it was brilliant. Subtlety, that's the stuff. And yes, sitcom! I think 'Steve and Evil' could be up there as a category with Rapidfire or XtoY. If you guys can be arsed.

oo edit - also you guys going on about the 'millenia' thing: obviously it just feels like aeons, because living with each other is so painful. Also you have to say things like that, for the look of the thing. That made perfect sense to me.
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 12 Nov 2007, 08:02

I thought the video was excellent, It was very funny and was all about the juxtaposition.

Here are these guys, claiming to be powerful forces of darkness, and they were bested by some guy named Steve!

It was my impression that the whole truce thing probably began somewhere closer to a month than a thousand years ago, and the evil guys here were just being over dramatic. I think it's a lot funnier, that some mortal guy, with nothing impressive about him, just happened to defeat these guys who lived for thousands of years and kill on a regular basis. And by a noogie!

It was excellent and in the style of LRR. At least that's what I say.
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 12 Nov 2007, 13:23

I was expecting "The Warriors of the Dawn" or "The White Something-or-Others". You know. Something light. But I suppose Steve could bust em up too.
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 17 Nov 2007, 13:51

Listening to the podcast now. I thought the video was hillarious. Maybe there weren't a lot of huge hilights, but the opening alone was one of the all-time best scenes from any of the videos.

The warriors of darkness...and Steve.

noogie noogie noogie!
-Wraith
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 17 Nov 2007, 13:54

PS, thanks LOADS for bringing up celestial sea. I've just recently gotten over the painful realization that you're not going to finish that.

bastards.funny, funny bastards.
-Wraith
Android

Postby Android » 21 Nov 2007, 16:44

Unlucky wrote:
Anachronism wrote:Huh...I imagined living with Goa'uld to go a little differently.

....Damn, now I really wanna see a really well done Stargate parody. :P

The hard thing about parodying (sp?) Stargate is that they did a hell of a good job of it themselves in "200" in Season 10.

As for the video, excellent! I loved the premise and the evil sounding voices on characters who were, on the whole, fairly mundane, with everyday problems. Good Job!
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 21 Nov 2007, 17:04

Android wrote:The hard thing about parodying (sp?) Stargate is that they did a hell of a good job of it themselves in "200" in Season 10.

The marionettes were fantastic. There's nothing like a marionette Samantha talking about how she's a good a soldier as anyone despite her sexual organs being on the inside instead of the outside.

Good times, good times.
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
Android

Postby Android » 21 Nov 2007, 22:16

I liked how the marionnettes take one look at the stuff, and they understand it immediately.
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 22 Nov 2007, 04:53

My God....I WAS QUOTED!!!!!!!!! YES! My life is complete. I can pack up and kill myself now. :D Lol, seriously...Man, you made me log in. :P Yeah, 200 was definitely one hell of an episode. I'm just surprised that no one's attempted a good parody of Stargate before, I mean that's gotta say SOMETHING about the character of a show when it has to parody itself because no one else will. :P Anyway...Uh...Yeah...Back on topic...Uh.....Fake blood....Uh.....Yay? ;)
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Dr Waffles

Postby Dr Waffles » 24 Nov 2007, 20:44

I logged on for the first time in forever to comment on how excited I was to hear Gravitic Warp again. Woohoo.
One of these days I'm going to open the door and Bilbo is going to be there, then I'll be the one who's institutionalized.
Tentacle Mplod

Postby Tentacle Mplod » 01 Dec 2007, 00:47

I'd like to see a prequel to this, about how the forces of Evil and Steve came into conflict the first go around.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. - Groucho Marx -
Android

Postby Android » 01 Dec 2007, 11:17

The forces of evil needed a roommate and Steve was the only person to respond to the add. From there, issues like "who's turn is it to clean the dishes, and 'Guys, you can't sacrifice goats in the living room...or anywhere in the house really...'" came to a head. Destruction ensues?

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”