Cramp - Most mundane thread ever.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Cramp - Most mundane thread ever.

Postby Rhynome » 23 Nov 2007, 16:58

Uhm, I get cramp, quite a bit actually. Sometimes I make a conscious effort to aim for the salt and bananas... or salt on bananas (damn that tastes nice), and marmite as well... sometimes I dip the bananas in marmite. Now, I know sodium and potassium are good for preventing cramp, but in all honest I just really like the way the above tastes. Go on, try a salted banana at least once, please!

Anyway, I suppose that's mostly beside the point, 'cos right now I just wanna complain. I can't get to sleep because I keep on getting cramp in my feet and torso, the torso cramp is hella painful, though only on the right hand side. Yes, yes, I know, childbirth and stuff for the ladies here and whatever else for all different assorted people, but I feel it my right to moan! I'm tired and grouchy; I demand sympathy!

I could give this thread a meaning, such as 'do you often get cramp? Does anyone actually know why?' or 'go on, flame me for being weak', but although that would justify the thread there is actually no point in doing that whatsoever as it will just go off topic in about 2 posts, so I'm just gonna leave it without a topic - seems like the most sensible thing to do.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 23 Nov 2007, 18:20

This post is officially off topic.

Actually, it isn't. Those bananas sound gross. No wonder you're getting cramps...
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 23 Nov 2007, 19:11

sometimes i get charlie horses so bad i see red... when you get cramps try stretching out the muscles because sometimes its just tense muscles. If that doesn't work, try a heating pad, or take a hot bath because again it relaxes the muscles... also ben-gay or icy-hot or any of those foul smelling heating thingys work...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 23 Nov 2007, 19:16

You mean you get A cramp? I am not really sure if that's what you mean.

I don't get weird cramps or anything, but just to give you all too much information, period cramps are the WORST thing ever. They just linger there for like three days and hurt so much. Ow.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 23 Nov 2007, 23:28

emma wrote:You mean you get A cramp? I am not really sure if that's what you mean.

He's talking about an erection.

I thought you, of all people, would understand erections.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 23 Nov 2007, 23:32

I think of blood, I think of love....

Erection.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 23 Nov 2007, 23:51

That Banana stuff sounds pretty narsty.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 24 Nov 2007, 00:32

I have been having this terrible pain in y left shoulder blade all day. I think its from the way I 've been sitting at a friends house playing Halo. I was in a chair that didn't face the TV so I had to kind of turn, and sitting like that too long messed my back.

In related news, I saw a squirrel sieze to death today.
Image Image Image
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 24 Nov 2007, 05:09

1. Uhm, what the hell happened to the squirrel?
2. No, I don't mean 'a' cramp... [though any cramp down there would just be, oh dear.]
3. I haven't been eating the bananas recently... but you only salt them lightly!
As for stretching it out, yeah, I do, but they're recurring, really annoying... as for seeing red, ouch.

Hm, now I'm more interested in point 1.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 24 Nov 2007, 05:30

I hurted my ankle. Hurt ankle hurts.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 24 Nov 2007, 05:51

That it does! I once hurt my arm, hurting anything hurts...

Go on, whine about it! We have a thread for whining about stuff now, use it!
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 24 Nov 2007, 15:04

I think I ripped a ligament in my shoulder earlier carrying a 24 pack of Carling (among other shopping in my back pack) back from ASDA. About a 4 mile trek! So annoying. I've ripped it before so i'm pretty sure it is actually ripped from the type of pain i'm in. Grrrrrrrr! I can't even pick up a cup of tea, so annoying!!!
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 24 Nov 2007, 20:57

Rhynome wrote:1. Uhm, what the hell happened to the squirrel?
2. No, I don't mean 'a' cramp... [though any cramp down there would just be, oh dear.]
3. I haven't been eating the bananas recently... but you only salt them lightly!
As for stretching it out, yeah, I do, but they're recurring, really annoying... as for seeing red, ouch.

Hm, now I'm more interested in point 1.
That's really all there is to it. I walked outside and say my cat staring at something all WTF like, And I looked where it was looking to see a squirrel thrashing about, it decreased in intensity to a wild kicking of the legs, to a mild kicking of the legs to nothing. It stopped breathing so it probably choked on its tongue or something. I don't know. It was weird, but definitly an experience to remember. I wish I knew how it started or what caused it, but like I said, I have no idea. Two likely explanations are falling and b rain trauma, or electrocution.
Image Image Image
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 26 Nov 2007, 15:40

I have been shaking nonstop on my right side since the third of this month. Its a bit inhibiting. Sometimes its scary and sometimes its just annoying.
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!
-Satan wears a bucket hat!
-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?
-Lewis has AIDS
-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 26 Nov 2007, 16:29

Seriously? Shaking slightly like when you get cold or overexert yourself, or get excited or whatevr, or more sever than that?
Image Image Image
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 27 Nov 2007, 15:11

Sieg Reyu wrote:Seriously? Shaking slightly like when you get cold or overexert yourself, or get excited or whatevr, or more sever than that?

Depends.

It started out as shaking so bad that I could barely stand up and I thought it was from this medical condition I already had (but it isn't), so I freaked out and thought I was dying and basically spent the entire night crying into Nickolai's sweater like the girl I am. It took me a few days to notice it was just on the right side. It shakes constantly, sometimes so I barely notice, sometimes so I can see it shaking and sometimes its like so bad that its like I can barely stand up again.

I've had a good day today though. It's only been shaking at a caffiene-high level.

Exerting myself in even the simpliest ways (such as dancing, or yoga) make me shake so bad my muscles get sore and I can barely stand. Try doing Sun Salutation while shaking like that!

Blood tests=negative.
The neurologist hasn't called back.
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!

-Satan wears a bucket hat!

-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?

-Lewis has AIDS

-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup

Return to “General Discussion”