What's on your Christmas list this year?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
rootbeerbaby

What's on your Christmas list this year?

Postby rootbeerbaby » 16 Dec 2007, 13:16

I have asked for: a Links of London charm bracelet, a big fancy paper cutting tool but most importantly, itunes vouchers, 'sonic and mario at the olympic games' for the wii and vouchers so I can get 'zack and wiki' when it comes out here at the end of January.

What will I actually get? Socks, gloves and a cuddly Sonic or something as my husband's family find my gaming habits hilarious. :roll:

So, how about you? What is Santa stuffing in your stocking?
Will write for root beer
Day is followed by dusk followed by night. Then dusk. Then night. Then dusk again.
Freestyle Lumberjack

Postby Freestyle Lumberjack » 16 Dec 2007, 13:25

An orange box.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 16 Dec 2007, 14:00

I told everyone not to get me anything. And then when my brother started to get violent about it, I told him socks. I don't think he's gonna take it seriously and get me socks though. I really do want some new socks.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 16 Dec 2007, 14:02

A guitar and a leatherman tool.

I sort of accidentally peeked and know I got the guitar, but my mom flat out told me that my dad vetoed the leatherman tool because he thinks its 'ridiculous', which makes no sense to me, because I work at a summer camp and it would be exceedingly helpful. So apparently I have to buy that one for myself.

Also shiny things and clothes.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 16 Dec 2007, 15:43

Clothes, Super Mario Galaxy, and Zach and Wiki, and possibly a few DS games.

Also, a cake with a file in it, a half-pint of sulfuric acid, and a severed human arm.

...damn, shouldn't have said that.
sweeks

Postby sweeks » 16 Dec 2007, 16:05

socks, seriously I buy everything else for myself.
lol 69

Postby lol 69 » 16 Dec 2007, 16:59

Well, I don't usually get things, per se, for Christmas. Ever since I was 12, my family just mails me a check. It's good in some ways, but I've always missed that feeling of violently slashing open presents and screaming in glee over the thing I've always wanted. I can tell you there won't be any packages waiting for me at the post office this Christmas.

... I mean seriously, I doubt their judgment's so bad that they'll screw it up if they buy me something. It's just a sign of laziness!

Sorry. I'm always go through some psychological stuff at Christmas. Just disregard those last statements.

... I can't believe they just left me at that gas station! I want to kill everyone I know! Why couldn't you love me daddy?
WHY?!!!!
L!!!
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 16 Dec 2007, 22:36

a new grandmother..

Possibly my own lavos...
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
HYRS
First Video: Quantam Documentary? It's been awhile.

Postby HYRS » 17 Dec 2007, 01:45

Nothing. I hate being given gifts because they make me feel obligated to give them in return. I'd rather get nothing and not have to give anything. Best gift is a guilt free holiday.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 17 Dec 2007, 03:11

Guitar Hero 3 and Moolah. Lots and lots of Moolah.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 17 Dec 2007, 04:07

Cash to spend on a spring break trip, cash to PAY for the spring break trip, DS games, clothes, VIP tickets to the Dancing with the Stars Tour, other stuff

The VIP tix are like $450 for 2 and I'd probably go with my mom, cuz I know she'd love it.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 17 Dec 2007, 06:29

tak197 wrote:VIP tickets to the Dancing with the Stars Tour

did you seriously ask for that
wow

Citin

Postby Citin » 17 Dec 2007, 09:41

Ohh Tak....
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 17 Dec 2007, 12:29

I can't pick the LAMEST part of your statement. That you WANT to go to it, or that you WANT to go with your mom.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 17 Dec 2007, 12:41

oh i think its kinda cute... but only if the reason you want to go is because you want to spend time with your mom... not because you find dancing with the stars entertaining and would be willing to spend that kinda money just to see them....

personally i want an slr digital camera... and an iphone, but i don't think i'll get either.. they too expensive...

however, i love getting gifts because my mom and aunt are so good at finding the cutest things that i would never think to look for and it just means a lot when i don't ask for something specifically and yet they find something thats so incredibly perfect!
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
rootbeerbaby

Postby rootbeerbaby » 17 Dec 2007, 13:24

korri wrote:
however, i love getting gifts because my mom and aunt are so good at finding the cutest things that i would never think to look for and it just means a lot when i don't ask for something specifically and yet they find something thats so incredibly perfect!

yeah me too! and i like being that person. actually i get obsessive about finding people cool quirky gifts - so much so if I see cool stuff, in thrift stores or flea markets, for people and I just think 'oh, that's perfect' I HAVE to get them.
Will write for root beer

Day is followed by dusk followed by night. Then dusk. Then night. Then dusk again.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 17 Dec 2007, 13:41

X-Box 360, though I don't think I'll actually end up getting one. We'll see.
NecroVale
Card-Carrying Cool Person
First Video: Door to Door

Postby NecroVale » 17 Dec 2007, 14:23

Freestyle Lumberjack wrote:An orange box.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 17 Dec 2007, 14:34

rootbeerbaby wrote:yeah me too! and i like being that person. actually i get obsessive about finding people cool quirky gifts - so much so if I see cool stuff, in thrift stores or flea markets, for people and I just think 'oh, that's perfect' I HAVE to get them.

Get me summin nice, eh?
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 17 Dec 2007, 14:46

tak197 wrote:Cash to spend on a spring break trip, cash to PAY for the spring break trip, DS games, clothes, VIP tickets to the Dancing with the Stars Tour, other stuff

The VIP tix are like $450 for 2 and I'd probably go with my mom, cuz I know she'd love it.

Dude, I agree with all these choices! And yes, even the Dancing with the Stars stuff, because I like a couple of the people who'll be on the tour and my mom would love to go too (one of her soap opera hunks is touring :roll:) Too bad I have no money x3
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 17 Dec 2007, 17:03

Tak197 to Allen! wrote:Your mom.

FIXED!

Hey, I am asking for it, because I actually do Ballroom Dance here at school. I placed in three events at my first competition. Plus, the most likely person to go with would be my mom, because my dad now works in Cleveland and commutes, and I doubt he'd want to go.
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 17 Dec 2007, 17:06

I have nothing on my list this year. anything I can afford I just buy myself. But there's something for me under the tree so it seems my guy figured it out! :)

I got him the newest babylon 5 movie (lost tales, i think is what it was called) and i got him a rulebook for cyberpunk. I think that he will be shocked that I found the rulebook. he has no idea I was even looking for it.

-^_^-
Citin

Postby Citin » 17 Dec 2007, 17:06

I don't know it could be good father son bonding....

But yeah take your mom, become great at ballroom dance and get with some hot dancer chick
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 17 Dec 2007, 19:56

I believe my dad is getting me a bear suit. I'm personally all for this gift.
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

Citin

Postby Citin » 17 Dec 2007, 20:45

Fumbles wrote:I believe my dad is getting me a bear suit. I'm personally all for this gift.

And thats Better father son bonding? Don't wanna think of what you and your Dad do... :twisted:

Return to “General Discussion”