XBox-One-Less-Thing-To-Complain-About

Talk about LRR's gaming news show on PATV.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

XBox-One-Less-Thing-To-Complain-About

Postby Kathleen » 24 Jun 2013, 10:50

Microsoft changes its tune on the Xbox One, and an app that lets you have sex with your iPad!
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Pimpin J
First Video: Escapist News Network

Re: XBox-One-Less-Thing-To-Complain-About

Postby Pimpin J » 24 Jun 2013, 11:01

At first I thought you were countering the argument you made in On Point, but when I watched that one again you were not. You were saying what everyone knows now, that Microsoft had no idea how to market the ideas they had.

I like the idea of being able to share physical copies of games, and don't understand why I can't do that and share digital copies like it sounds like they intended. It sounds like, from what I heard after they did the 180, that they had some interesting ideas moving forwards.
Last edited by Pimpin J on 24 Jun 2013, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Jun 2013, 11:14

Rather than "saying the same thing", I felt it was reiterating that even though they made these changes, it didn't solve their ingrained problems.
Pimpin J

Postby Pimpin J » 24 Jun 2013, 13:24

Graham wrote:Rather than "saying the same thing", I felt it was reiterating that even though they made these changes, it didn't solve their ingrained problems.

And they have so many that could be easily fixed too.
Last edited by Pimpin J on 24 Jun 2013, 13:43, edited 2 times in total.
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 24 Jun 2013, 13:27

And now I feel the need to wash my hands after using my iPad...
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 24 Jun 2013, 13:59

Graham wrote:Rather than "saying the same thing", I felt it was reiterating that even though they made these changes, it didn't solve their ingrained problems.

Sad part is, ACTUALLY solving their ingrained problems would probably result in a statistically significant increase on unemployment numbers...

I'm still using you as my 'what he said' guy for basically anything on this issue, Graham. :)
Pimpin J

Postby Pimpin J » 24 Jun 2013, 14:09

empath wrote:

Sad part is, ACTUALLY solving their ingrained problems would probably result in a statistically significant increase on unemployment numbers...

I'm still using you as my 'what he said' guy for basically anything on this issue, Graham. :)

I linked this weeks and last weeks video to my brother in law who was saddened by the loss of the DRM, cloud and always online features.
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 26 Jun 2013, 11:37

Pimpin J wrote:I like the idea of being able to share physical copies of games, and don't understand why I can't do that and share digital copies like it sounds like they intended. It sounds like, from what I heard after they did the 180, that they had some interesting ideas moving forwards.

While I'm not saying that this is the absolute only way they could do it, the reason they removed the digital sharing was because they were using the 24-hour check to make sure the original owner still had the actual license to the game. Now that the DRM is gone, they can't do that.

Supposedly.

I think the real reason they got rid of it was because it would just be too much of hassle and they decided instead of being supa risky, they'd just switch to supa safe mode.

Return to “Checkpoint”