November 13, 2003 + Steve Notley

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.

November 13, 2003 + Steve Notley

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2004, 15:35

What do you think of the time lapse? That took Graham the whole day!

With regards to Steve's process, that's pretty much how we come up with most of our ideas too, only we don't smoke.

-P

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2004, 16:15

Nifty time lapse, my favourite bit is right at 1:00 where maybe half a second after the music starts up from the loop, the clouds start moving real fast like.

Where's Steve Notley from? He has a shaw.ca email address so I'm guessing somewhere in Canada... My investigative skills are epic in scale!
Vidar

Postby Vidar » 27 Aug 2004, 16:16

Bloody hell, I thought I was logged in. Above post is mine. My powers of observation are beyond epic.
The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool. -Epicurus... or was it ME!?

[Roger, back on The Island]
Ever-Infamous Kojiro-san

Postby Ever-Infamous Kojiro-san » 27 Aug 2004, 17:40

Both made my pants burst into flame.

November 13th 2003: Wow...that video was shot 3 days after my 19th birthday. And how the HELL do you get a tape that runs for 24 hours?

Bob The Angry Flower: That's how I get my ideas, too. Once again, minus smoking and possibly the poison.
"The stacking together of the paintings of the great masters in museums is a catastrophe, and a collection of a hundred good intellects produces collectively one idiot." -- Carl Jung

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2004, 19:30

If I recall correctly, I believe Steve Notley is in Edmonton, Alberta

-P
Ami KittyCat Mizuno

Postby Ami KittyCat Mizuno » 27 Aug 2004, 20:42

That was really awesome! The time lapse looked so cool? What camera did you do it on Graham? I didn't know the digital ones did that! That's awesome. Tell the story of how you convinced the hotel to put it there!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 28 Aug 2004, 00:23

The time lapse was accomplished through a couple steps.

First, I asked to film from the hotel, because I figured a north facing room in the Grand Pacific would lend itself to a cool shot, and wouldn't get direct sun. Saying I was a UVic student doing a film project did the trick, they were really cool about it.

Then I hooked my digital video camera directly into the computer, with no tape so it wouldn't go onto standby mode. There's a small app I have that captures time lapse footage from an input source. I believe that was capturing at about 1 frame every 5 seconds, then sped up in editing. There was no tape, it captures direct to the drive.

Finally, I sat in the room and watched painful daytime TV from 5am until dusk.

-G

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”