LRRcast for Santa Rings Questionable Death

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: LRRcast for Santa Rings Questionable Death

Postby Lord Hosk » 24 Jan 2012, 23:13

a 50 word story about missing Humerus man. His elbows are attached at the shoulder and he isnt funny.

with cross over into special people.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
chif-ii
First Video: Every OS sucks

Postby chif-ii » 25 Jan 2012, 17:51

Tim wrote:So what you're saying is I should try to make more puns in my own podcast, and write as many pun-based 50-word stories as I can? :P

I think the REAL lesson to take away from this podcast is that you need to get KingKool to guest star on your podcast more often.
ImageImage
JenSev
First Video: quantum documentary

Postby JenSev » 26 Jan 2012, 07:40

Still watching it, but I did notice that Tim actually doesn't pronounce his last name correctly.

Although I do know the "ui" and "uy" sound doesn't exist in the English language, so I can't blame him for not getting that sound right.
The only ones that face reality are the ones too stupid to duck when they see it coming!
Gltepel
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Gltepel » 26 Jan 2012, 10:03

Duckay wrote:
Gltepel wrote:Hmm, well the only logical next step would be to ask a dead person ( or in this case, someone who plays one on TV ). Paul?

Is playing one on TV higher or lower cred than playing one on the internet?

Depends on weather it's national or something like cable access.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 26 Jan 2012, 12:27

JenSev wrote:Still watching it, but I did notice that Tim actually doesn't pronounce his last name correctly.

Although I do know the "ui" and "uy" sound doesn't exist in the English language, so I can't blame him for not getting that sound right.

Anyway you can record how it would be pronounced in Dutch and link us to it or something? I'm interested.
I've also been wondering for a while: is Flemish Dutch, or is it a slightly different language?
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
JenSev
First Video: quantum documentary

Postby JenSev » 27 Jan 2012, 09:41

Avistew wrote:
JenSev wrote:Still watching it, but I did notice that Tim actually doesn't pronounce his last name correctly.

Anyway you can record how it would be pronounced in Dutch and link us to it or something? I'm interested.
I've also been wondering for a while: is Flemish Dutch, or is it a slightly different language?

I could and might do that, I'll have to think about it since I don't really like the sound of my own voice though.

And Flemish is slightly different from Dutch, not by much but there are minor differences. Kind of like South American Spanish and Portuguese and the languages spoken in the original countries (atleast I think so, the only experience I've had was a 3 week vacation to Costa Rica, and I hardly know anything about the Spanish language, but I guess you can expect minor regional differences).
The only ones that face reality are the ones too stupid to duck when they see it coming!
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 30 Jan 2012, 09:11

We've Anglicized it, for sure. Not worth trying to tie everyone's tongues in knots enforcing Dutch accents on them. It's the same reason my mom goes by Arlene instead of Aartje. :)
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 30 Jan 2012, 14:37

Funny thing, I was fine with people calling me Alice the English way, but both my boyfriends asked how it's pronounced in French and have been calling me that way and making everyone else do so, correcting people and all.

As a result, a lot of people ask me how it's spelt (those who have only heard Sean say it for instance).
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)

Return to “LRRcast”