more medals? i think it would be grand ;P

News and Announcements about LoadingReadyRun
SPACExJUMPxJOSH
First Video: loading ready rap

more medals? i think it would be grand ;P

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 23 Apr 2011, 12:15

anywayyyyy was just wondering why there are so few medals on this forum, I mean I hate ones like the escapist that give them just for being alive or watching a video, but I mean it's nice to feel you are achieving in the online comunity :P
Last edited by SPACExJUMPxJOSH on 23 Apr 2011, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
I AM LRR! RULER OF THE PLANET OMACRON PERCEI 8!
SPACExJUMPxJOSH

Re: BUILD MORE FARMS

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 23 Apr 2011, 12:31

also sorry in advance for the unrelated name xD regret it now :P been playing warcraft 3 none stop for like 3 days xD
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 23 Apr 2011, 15:40

I agree more medals would rock
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 23 Apr 2011, 16:00

If you regret the name of the thread you can go back and edit the first post, changing the name.

I agree; it would be pretty cool to have some more medals.. however, the crew is ostensibly super busy right now and don't have time to start/organise community events, and any we start ourselves sadly won't get us medals under our avatars (though we could feasibly put them in the sig bars).

Perhaps medals we make could be added to the "official" ones post-fact and we'd get them under our avatars that way? I assume it takes less effort to upload a medal image and give it to users than to do that and organise a community event. Image
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 23 Apr 2011, 16:09

Medals are one of the myriad reasons I hate the E forum. And especially in a community like ours, if you feel like you need show your achievement, you're doing it wrong.

A few simple medals for 1000 posts or winning an old contest are plenty (more than enough, maybe) to have here.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
SPACExJUMPxJOSH

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 23 Apr 2011, 16:12

i disagree, I think they provide insentive to post more or to keep a record of your victorys :P
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 23 Apr 2011, 16:13

Aw. Does that mean if I make little medals like the ones under my avatar to replace things in my sig bar like having watched three of the four DBfH and being Non Sequiteur Champeen 2009 it'll get on your nerves? :?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: more medals? i think it would be grand ;P

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Apr 2011, 16:36

One should post because they have something to say, not because they want a shiny medal. Yes, I know that 90% of my posts are meaningless, which just goes to show why others shouldn't do the same. As for keeping track of your "victories", that's your business, not ours.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
SPACExJUMPxJOSH

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 23 Apr 2011, 16:39

I'm not saying hae one for everything, just a more than 1 xD mabey have one for being awsome that someone can nominate you for, for getting say 500 posts and 1,500 etc
SPACExJUMPxJOSH

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 23 Apr 2011, 16:40

oh and thanks to jester, was ooking at your profile and found that sweet LRR font thingy and its now a proud part of my growing signature :P
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 23 Apr 2011, 16:45

The Jester wrote:Aw. Does that mean if I make little medals like the ones under my avatar to replace things in my sig bar like having watched three of the four DBfH and being Non Sequiteur Champeen 2009 it'll get on your nerves? :?
I can't tell if you're being serious or insulting me, but to be on the safe side, no. Not that my opinion would or should even matter in the least, you know, but whatever. I actually like the idea of 'sig medals'; they're not the mods saying that one person is measurably better than another, they're just an amusing way to keep track of. . . 'achievements'.
Master Gunner wrote:One should post because they have something to say, not because they want a shiny medal.
True, but I see the 1000 post mark as less of an achievement for posting a bunch, and more as a mark of sticking around long enough to have become true member of the community.
Master Gunner wrote:As for keeping track of your "victories", that's your business, not ours.
And in any case, if you 'achieve something' in this particular 'online community', it's so small and tight-knit that we'll all know about it anyway. We're not impressed by medals, but we are impressed by truly worthwhile achievements and worthwhile things to say.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
SPACExJUMPxJOSH

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 23 Apr 2011, 16:47

fair enough, twas just a thought :P
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 23 Apr 2011, 16:52

Ottoman wrote:I can't tell if you're being serious or insulting me, but to be on the safe side, no.

Hah, sorry bud, no I wasn't trying to have a dig at you. I was just kinda jokingly asking if doing a thing I'd been thinking about doing for a while would annoy you. ;)

I was thinking of it more as a way to test my artistic and design abilities, take up less space with my (rather large and unwieldy) sig space, and maybe provide cool little things that other people could also use if they felt like it. :)

Return to “Site News”