Retro Achievements - Achievement Whoring Anyone?

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Retro Achievements - Achievement Whoring Anyone?

Postby TStodden » 11 Sep 2015, 01:39

Linkage: http://www.RetroAchievements.org

I stumbled upon this during some late-night (pre-bed) Twitch watching & found that a group of gamers have actually set up XBox style achievements for the old console games (NES, SNES, GEN / MD, GBY / GBC / GBA & TG-16 / PC Engine). Granted they're using modded versions of known emulators, but it's a fairly interesting thing.

How the site & achievements work is that they monitor the RAM state of the game for a specific trigger (like an internal flag our a score counter or whatnot) to award an achievement. Each game that has achievements are worth up to 400 RP (Retro Points), but you can get double within Hardcore Mode (emulator acts like the actual console, so save states & other goodies are disabled) as achievements earned in Hardcore Mode also counts in Normal Mode (if you haven't obtained it already).

I was wondering if anybody is on there already... OR want to match up there (as it does have friend tracking)? You can find me there as TStodden (big surprise).

On a similar note, assuming that Desert Bus runs in GENS... Anybody want to propose achievements for it (I haven't checked the site at time of post)?
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)

Return to “Video Games”