Gaming for the Tab: Dangerous or Genius?

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.

Would you play a board / card game (physical OR digital) with the bar / restaurant tab on the line?

Definitely! To the victor, goes the spoils!
No votes
Depends on the people & the game...
100%
Never! I'd never gamble on a something like that!
No votes

Total votes: 3
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Gaming for the Tab: Dangerous or Genius?

Postby TStodden » 20 Apr 2014, 22:00

This is just a random thought that struck me when my mother & myself were dining out. I just happened to have my tablet on hand when we started up a game of Ticket to Ride to entertain ourselves when our food arrived.

While we kept playing, the idea crossed my mind: Should we put the bill on the line for the loser to pay?

Even though we never consented to this(she was paying anyways, despite me winning the game), the thought still lingers & I'll subject everyone here to the question...

So, what do you think?
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Re: Gaming for the Tab: Dangerous or Genius?

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 20 Apr 2014, 23:41

There are entire games built around this principle- an Irish (unsurprisingly) card game called Whisky Poker is designed so you can play it with your drinking group, and whoever loses buys the next round. As such, it's simple, quick, flexible in terms of numbers and hard for one person to keep losing over and over again- all good features for such a game.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Re: Gaming for the Tab: Dangerous or Genius?

Postby Prospero101 » 21 Apr 2014, 07:09

Seems to go against my personal philosophy for gaming. The primary goal for me (and, consequently, any game I run) is to have fun. Leaving the tab or any other sort of money on the table (outside of games where such is the object, like poker) makes people a whole lot more concerned with winning than having a good time.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”