The Unofficial Ask An Alex Live Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 25 Jan 2009, 05:11

Master Gunner wrote:I'm sure Daco or Emperor Gum will have their versions up soon enough, and Daco said that he'd be able to host last week's on his own space.
and that was correct
till some bloody ass virus came along and killed my pc while exporting the mp3
i checked both the export as %temp% folder
all gone >_>
DOOR STUCK DOOR IS STUCK
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 25 Jan 2009, 10:54

I'm going to spend today working out how to record full video episodes or at least some audio.

I'm really flattered that you guys have been struggling along to do it yourselves, so the least I can do is try to arrange something.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 25 Jan 2009, 11:14

It's fairly easy for us to record it, since all we have to do is click the "mixed stereo" button for our input device (for windows at least), then click "record" in audacity and whatever is coming through our speakers is recorded. Hic-ups occur when our computers decide to completely break during export, or the odd lag-spike breaks the audio.

You, however, have a different problem, with your very convoluted set-up, which I'm guessing would cause some problems. Of course, I have no idea how macs work in this regard, but having both your mic recorded along with what audio you play could be a problem without your voice coming back through the speakers. Then video is another problem entirely, unless vdmx can do that for you....

Good luck man, and we'll be recording right along with you in case of future fails.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Alex Steacy

Postby Alex Steacy » 25 Jan 2009, 16:54

Oh ye of little face.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 25 Jan 2009, 17:02

Alex Steacy wrote:Oh ye of little face.
And ye of great fail :P
OMGItsSarah
First Video: Offensisensitivity

Postby OMGItsSarah » 26 Jan 2009, 19:30

Update on Alex fan art - I've drawn Alex going to Orphan Land, along with one of him with a spiky Naruto-style beard. A friend and I are thinking about doing an Alex webcomic once a week, so any feedback would be wonderful.
Alex Steacy

Postby Alex Steacy » 26 Jan 2009, 21:37

OMGItsSarah wrote:Update on Alex fan art - I've drawn Alex going to Orphan Land, along with one of him with a spiky Naruto-style beard. A friend and I are thinking about doing an Alex webcomic once a week, so any feedback would be wonderful.

Oh God what?

My own fan comic?

This I must see.
AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 26 Jan 2009, 21:51

OMGItsSarah wrote:Update on Alex fan art - I've drawn Alex going to Orphan Land, along with one of him with a spiky Naruto-style beard. A friend and I are thinking about doing an Alex webcomic once a week, so any feedback would be wonderful.
I must see Orphan land.
OMGItsSarah

Postby OMGItsSarah » 27 Jan 2009, 13:19

AeroCmdr wrote:
I must see Orphan land.

I'm still trying to get the site up. I'm using Freewebs for now, which kind of sucks, and the picture-quality is ass, 'cause I don't have a scanner.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 27 Jan 2009, 13:26

OMGItsSarah wrote:I'm still trying to get the site up. I'm using Freewebs for now, which kind of sucks, and the picture-quality is ass, 'cause I don't have a scanner.

The library in my home town has a scanner you can use for free, perhaps your town does to?
OMGItsSarah

Postby OMGItsSarah » 27 Jan 2009, 13:29

Emperor Gum wrote:
OMGItsSarah wrote:I'm still trying to get the site up. I'm using Freewebs for now, which kind of sucks, and the picture-quality is ass, 'cause I don't have a scanner.

The library in my home town has a scanner you can use for free, perhaps your town does to?

The library...doesn't like me. Fines are bad. And let me rephrase that last statement - I have a scanner, but can't seem to work the damn thing. =D 'Cause I'm so incredibly intelligent.

http://www.askanalexcomic.webs.com/
Alex Steacy

Postby Alex Steacy » 29 Jan 2009, 22:33

OMGItsSarah wrote:
Emperor Gum wrote:

The library...doesn't like me. Fines are bad. And let me rephrase that last statement - I have a scanner, but can't seem to work the damn thing. =D 'Cause I'm so incredibly intelligent.

http://www.askanalexcomic.webs.com/

That's... Wow.

Words really fail me. To say I'm flattered would be an understatement.

Totally not used to e-fandom.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Jan 2009, 03:26

Well I've just signed up, I might be able to help make some comics too.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Emperor Gum

Postby Emperor Gum » 30 Jan 2009, 04:14

I find it kinda cool you called it 'The Unofficial Ask An Alex Webcomic'; anyways, a link for a link, I put the site on the first post.
OMGItsSarah

Postby OMGItsSarah » 30 Jan 2009, 13:26

Emperor Gum wrote:I find it kinda cool you called it 'The Unofficial Ask An Alex Webcomic'; anyways, a link for a link, I put the site on the first post.

Thanks! If anyone has any drawings, send 'em to me so I can put 'em up. It's kind of bare at the moment, with only 2 drawings.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Jan 2009, 14:18

I've got some spare time so once I've worked out my drawing style I'll PM you. I have about 3 ideas so far that can be carried out.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
Daco

Postby Daco » 30 Jan 2009, 15:17

Elomin Sha wrote:I've got some spare time so once I've worked out my drawing style I'll PM you. I have about 3 ideas so far that can be carried out.
i only got one :(
but its pretty epic if you know about it ;D

*giggles thinking about it*

EDIT: fuck, i need to know this
is alex left or right handed D:

DOOR STUCK DOOR IS STUCK
OMGItsSarah

Postby OMGItsSarah » 30 Jan 2009, 18:04

I most likely won't be able to make AAAL tomorrow night, so if you could, write down ideas for me and PM 'em. =D
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 31 Jan 2009, 05:00

Don't worry Sarah, I'll be recording it.
Emperor Gum

Postby Emperor Gum » 31 Jan 2009, 05:14

Oh yeah, so far we have epicly failed on having more than one successful recording of AAAL; so Elomin Sha, Daco, Master Gunner, let's see if we can not 75% epic fail this time.

Ask An Alex Live at 17:00 LRR time tonight, folks!
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 31 Jan 2009, 05:19

Uh, I record the audios every time I'm there I just forget to upload them somewhere, Daco does it to when he can.

WHERE THE SMEG ARE YOU MISSING AAALS?!!!!

As you can tell, I still have no luck finding them.
Daco

Postby Daco » 31 Jan 2009, 05:32

Elomin Sha wrote:Uh, I record the audios every time I'm there I just forget to upload them somewhere, Daco does it to when he can.

WHERE THE SMEG ARE YOU MISSING AAALS?!!!!

As you can tell, I still have no luck finding them.

same
btw, did you listen to last weeks aaal?

DOOR STUCK DOOR IS STUCK
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 31 Jan 2009, 05:34

This is funny I'm having the exact same convesrsation with you over MSN right now.
Daco

Postby Daco » 31 Jan 2009, 06:10

Elomin Sha wrote:This is funny I'm having the exact same convesrsation with you over MSN right now.

i posted and then thought : "wait, i have elomin on msn, wtf am i doing D: "

DOOR STUCK DOOR IS STUCK
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 31 Jan 2009, 11:37

Fuck. I just realized I won't be able to make it tonight. Allegedly it's my brother's birthday (I still call shenanigans), so the family's heading out tonight, and the dinner theatre doesn't end until after AAAL does.
I suppose I could open up the window before I leave, and have Audacity recording the whole time I'm gone, but then there'd be 4 hours of dead air. What the hell, I'll do it anyways.

So, could someone please ask Alex his opinion on using Door Stuck to get the three songs stuck in my head the other night out so I could finally go to sleep? (Door Stuck also briefly got stuck, but then I Door Stuck it out as well).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “General Discussion”