Operation: Speak ‘n’ Sell Results
June 19th, 2010

Posted by Tim

Congratulations to Mike Shay for submitting the winning entry to Operation: Speak ‘n’ Sell! We judged his voiceover for the t-shirt ad to be the most effective. As a prize, he has won his choice of a Desert Bus, WiiPlay, or Talk Like A Pirate t-shirt.

Special thanks to Evil Jim, Sean Quigley, and Thomas McNulty for their Runners Up entries.

The entries, on the whole, were excellent. Thank you to everyone who participated!

11 Comments »

1. Hooray, I made runner up. Which is great because I have all the shirts & would have given it away as a gift anyway had I won.

This operation was a lot of fun. I’m glad I finally got off my butt & took part in one.

Comment by Evil Jim — June 19, 2010 @ 5:37 pm

2. There were all awesome; McNut’s for the win, though!

Comment by Emperor Gum — June 19, 2010 @ 5:39 pm

3. The last one definitely should have won. IMHO, natch. :)

Re-count!

Comment by Aypok — June 19, 2010 @ 6:03 pm

4. Wow. I don’t even mind that I I didn’t get a t-shirt, I just love the fact that I got my amateurish VoiceOver played! How COOL is that?!? :D

Thank you so much to all of you wonderful LRR people; you’re all immense!

Comment by Thomas McNulty — June 19, 2010 @ 6:05 pm

5. Mike’s is my pic for best conveyance of message. Thomas’ is my favorite though, because it’s just perfectly funny like the crew.

Comment by Tim K — June 19, 2010 @ 9:47 pm

6. WOOOOOOO RUNNER UP! Awesome!

Comment by Aristes — June 20, 2010 @ 2:55 am

7. These we’re /all/ really entertaining I don’t envy lrr-dudes having to choose between them :)

I think my personal favourite was the last one,

Heyho, good job all (Y)

Comment by WeedyPirate — June 20, 2010 @ 5:34 am

8. Those were great entries all. I think I agree with the choice of the winner, but I wouldn’t have been unhappy to see any of those 4 end as the winners. Congrats to all and thanks for the free (to me) entertainment!

Comment by ecocd — June 20, 2010 @ 6:46 am

9. Very proud to have won. I’ve heard that mine worked best at advertising the sale aspect, but I agree that Tom’s was funnier. I think better audio quality and closer location to LRR (to save on shipping the shirt) may have worked in my favour, though.

Comment by Mike — June 21, 2010 @ 1:00 am

10. Either way (sorry for the double-post), sounds like everyone who participated did a great job. I’ve been trying to get some voice acting experience for a while now, but this worked very well. Thanks to LRR for the experience and I hope this managed to sell them some shirts.

Comment by Mike — June 21, 2010 @ 1:03 am

11. With this operation I learned what it was like to go in & edit out all my intakes of breath & still make it sound good. I’ve since thought of some ways I could have made the timing better but overall I’m happy with the result & honored to be among the Runners-up.

Comment by Evil Jim — June 22, 2010 @ 1:32 am