Please read this entire post carefully
Over the last few months, we have gotten an increasing number of emails asking us to “please do a shirt like [x]”. This is cool because it gives us some clues about what you want, but it’s a bit hard to manage, as it gives us no indication of how badly you want it or it what quantities. It might be easier, we have thought on occasion, to just let you design a shirt yourselves… so that’s exactly what we’re going to do.
Today, I’m happy to announce the first ever LoadingReadyRun T-Shirt Design Open Call, through which we hope to solicit a tonne of t-shirt designs from from you, the LRR fanbase. From that tonne of submissions, we will choose the designs that we like the most and put them to a public vote right here on the blog. The designer whose shirt is most supported will be offered a contract, the short version of which is: we buy the design for $200, and that shirt becomes our next pre-order item.
Here is the part you need to read especially carefully
- For this open call, we are looking for a variant LoadingReadyRun logo shirt–that means the logo should be the focus of the design, though you can interpret that as you like: you could construct it out of buildings, imply it in negative space, create it out of ascii symbols, whatever you like. You can have other things on the shirt besides the logo, providing the logo stands out and draws the eye. I’m including both bitmap and vector reference files for you to work with here.
- Four colours, maximum; front only.
- No copyrighted material except our logo. I like the Pac Man ghosts too, but we can’t put them on a shirt.
- No hatespeech: we’re Canadian; it’s illegal up here…also it’s really inappropriate anywhere.
- This is not a contest, it is a job offer. We reserve the right to turn down any submission, and might decide that no submission meets the necessary requirements for what we’re doing. We also reserve the right to tweak the winning selection to best meet our needs.
- We will not use your design unless it is chosen through the selection process. If your design is chosen, we will provide you with a form to sign that sells us ownership.
- Your submission must include the following:
• Your name and email address
• a pdf, png, jpeg, Adobe Illustrator or Flash file illustrating your design
• a separate pdf, png, jpeg, Adobe Illustrator or Flash file illustrating your design as it would appear on a t-shirt.
- Assuming you understand and agree to the above, please send your submission to [email protected] no later than 11:59 pm PST, August 3, 2010.
Thanks, everyone, for your interest! We think this will be a fun experiment, and look forward to seeing your submissions :D.