Presenting: Strip Search
January 1st, 2013

Posted by Graham

PA’s own Tycho kind of spilled the beans way back at PAX Prime, but we are thrilled to officially announce that we are producing Strip Search!

Strip Search is an online reality show looking for the next great webcomic artist, and is acting as Season 4 of Penny Arcade: The Series on PATV. Robert Khoo did a great teaser interview with Fleen that I’d highly recommend, but we can tell you a few more things today!

We are not shooting Strip Search… we’ve already shot it! In December we brought 12 amazing artists to Seattle, put them up in a house, rigged the house up with cameras, rigged the artists up with mics, and put them through a series of challenges to whittle down those 12 to one ultimate champion.

It was an amazing experience for everyone involved, cast and crew, and we can’t wait to show you the final result. Here are some questions I’m sure you have!

• When will Strip Search air?
  • All we are saying officially is Q1 2013. Watch LoadingReadyRun or Penny Arcade for updates. It’s going to be sweet.
  • Who is hosting the show?
  • Why, I am! I’m very excited to tell you that I was not only directing the show off-camera, but hosting the festivities on-camera.
  • So, LRR is “producing Strip Search”… what does that mean?
  • That means a lot. We’ve been involved in the organization of the show for many, many months. We helped lock down the format of the show (with Robert Khoo, who did the bulk of that job), we came up with some events and challenges (along with Robert and Josh at PA), and we were on the ground in Seattle making it happen. Additionally, all the final editing will be happening here, at The Moonbase. It’s definitely Penny Arcade’s show, but LRR’s sticky fingerprints are going to be all over it.

That’s all we can say for now, or we’ll ruin all the surprises! But rest assured, this is a show you’ll want to watch whether you’re a fan of reality shows or not.

22 Comments »

1. This is supremely awesome news!! I can’t wait to start watching it!

Comment by Josh — January 1, 2013 @ 3:14 pm

2. If this is what we were missing out on LRRcasts for then I pretty stoked.

Comment by Kinbalk — January 1, 2013 @ 3:28 pm

3. You’re Hosting?! Holy Bus, this is going to be awesome!

Comment by RedNightmare — January 1, 2013 @ 3:38 pm

4. [...] into a house to compete in the Thunderdome of cartooning. The whole shebang is being produced by LoadingReadyRun and it was an absolute joy to work with them on [...]

Pingback by A Year of New Things | Sci-ence — January 1, 2013 @ 3:42 pm

5. Woo! Monica Ray got in ^^
    That does explain why she had to have her brother work on comics this month. Anyways, happy to hear and VERY excited to see it. =3

Comment by Lancer — January 1, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

6. Woohoo, so excited!

It made sense that this was why you were in Seattle, I’m impressed it’s all filmed already though! You guys are holding all the surprise cards right now, huh?

Woo more surprises!

Comment by Nosolemoo — January 1, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

7. [...] See the official LoadingReadyRun Strip Search Announcement post here! This entry was posted in News and Announcements and tagged Amy, citation needed, comic, Press, strip search by cn-comics. Bookmark the permalink. [...]

Pingback by 2013, Amy’s Big News & Strip Search | [citation needed] – Blog — January 1, 2013 @ 7:14 pm

8. When I heard it was named Strip Search I was thinking it was going to be a certain other reality tv… show…

Comment by Merrymaker_Mortalis — January 1, 2013 @ 7:21 pm

9. Does anyone else hope that Matt Inman (The Oatmeal) makes a cameo since he lives in the Seattle area?

Comment by Blue_Trombone — January 2, 2013 @ 1:19 am

10. I already hope Erika Moen has won!

Comment by Doragonshi — January 2, 2013 @ 1:23 am

11. I’m rooting for Katie Rice …

Comment by Kevin Andrew Kunreuther — January 2, 2013 @ 3:33 am

12. Familiar with Monica Ray and Eika Moen but after going through some of the others I’m quite excited to see this through and I’ll have quite a few comics to read through in the coming weeks ^^

Comment by Lancer — January 2, 2013 @ 4:17 am

13. I believe this was mentioned during Desert Bus at some point? I feel like I knew this already.

Sounds like an amazing experience. It’s one of those moments where you realize LRR is getting more famous by the year. Congrats to everyone involved.

Comment by wartjr2373 — January 2, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

14. This . . . explains . . . EVERYTHING

Comment by Mike — January 2, 2013 @ 1:26 pm

15. I’m rooting for Ty Halley all the way, though I feel I may be in the same boat as Buffalo Bills fans…

Comment by Ollie — January 2, 2013 @ 11:32 pm

16. Also I was disappointed not to see Scott Furguson, Andrew Gregoire, or Denis Caron… Though this lineup is pretty sick :3

Comment by Ollie — January 2, 2013 @ 11:34 pm

17. Wow, this is awesome guys. So happy for this new project. Now you all must have ample experience with the Clipper.

Comment by MarkVI — January 4, 2013 @ 9:17 am

18. Wow. That’s a great lineup with some stellar talent. Up to this point I’m most familiar with Erika Moen, but I’m sure whoever won is very deserving.

Comment by Stephen — January 6, 2013 @ 3:12 pm

19. I just watched Strip Search. It looks awesome. Congrats on your awesome directing and work on the project. I can’t wait to see the next episode.

Comment by Balo — March 2, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

20. It is perfect time to make some plans for the
    long run and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this publish and if I may just I want to counsel you some interesting
    things or suggestions. Maybe you could write next
    articles referring to this article. I want to learn even more issues about it!

Comment by harvest table plans — May 24, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

21. You really make it seem so easy along with your presentation however I find this matter to be really one thing which I
    think I’d never understand. It sort of feels too complicated and very extensive for me.
    I’m looking ahead to your next publish, I’ll try to get the dangle of it!

Comment by Electronic Cigarette brands Stock — March 15, 2014 @ 2:37 am

22. Greate article. Keep writing such kind of info on your site.

Im really impressed by your blog.
    Hi there, You’ve done an incredible job. I
    will definitely digg it and for my part recommend to my friends.

I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.

Comment by used car dealers ogden — April 16, 2014 @ 10:42 pm