AskLRR - Closes February 11th

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

AskLRR - Closes February 11th

Postby James » 09 Feb 2012, 11:59

Alright guys I'm opening this up a little earlier than usual so hopefully you'll have a good opportunity to get your questions in.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: AskLRR - Closes February 11th

Postby Lord Hosk » 09 Feb 2012, 12:24

(Insert obligatory "wow its open" comment here)

For those not full time employees of lrr, if someone came in and said "here is $500,000 for one "full season" of a comedy series, (20ish 24 minute episodes)would you quit your full time job or try to work both jobs and hope for additional seasons before committing?

Paul and or Graham do you have a goal or plan to get all of the 'regulars' or a few people as full time crew or do you feel the current "pay them for their contributions" is a better fit for everyone's security?

(Edited for clarity of questions)
Last edited by Lord Hosk on 10 Feb 2012, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 09 Feb 2012, 12:30

Will we see James as a clown in any more videos?

and

How much of that video came from things you've actually said in those situations?
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Trinhinn
First Video: uhh, most of them in a few hours?

Postby Trinhinn » 09 Feb 2012, 12:34

Not sure if this question has been asked before, but have you ever had to completely scrap a video before (technical reasons or it didn't turn out the way you wanted) and what did you do as a result (reshoot, learn from experience, etc)?
Last edited by Trinhinn on 10 Feb 2012, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 09 Feb 2012, 12:37

Would you recommend Victoria as a vacation spot or would it be better as part of a Vancouver plan?

What were your top vacation destinations?

Have you had any Convention failures?
Last edited by Lord Hosk on 10 Feb 2012, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 09 Feb 2012, 12:40

James, are you going to keep the beard? Cuz you should.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 09 Feb 2012, 12:52

How many Bumps in the Night have you collected so far?
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 09 Feb 2012, 13:39

Is there an ulterior motive to asking for lost Whatever Things, beyond simple book keeping?
--
Speaking of which, is Ray's work on Loading Time implicitly part of a greater role in LRR?
--
With the return of Loading Time, how much is there left to say about the core sketches by LRRcast time?
Since you don't really talk about them much (anymore at least), to what degree do you think Unskippable, CheckPoint and Feed Dump speak for themselves?
--
For that matter, isn't there an inherent catch 22 in prioritising questions on the videos? I often wonder whether my video questions will have been answered by that point in the LRRcast, and Loading Time will probably leave me with even more room to ask questions irrelevant to the videos.

That statement feels interpretable as an implicit knock on Loading Time so apologies, its not intended as such. I'm happy to see them back.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
Moose
First Video: Mercenary Solutions

Postby Moose » 09 Feb 2012, 13:57

Since I know a few of you are fans of Top Gear I was wondering what cars, if any, are personal favourites of yours.(sorry if this has been asked before)

Also, true or false, James May?
SoldieroFortune
First Video: Onmi-lingual

Postby SoldieroFortune » 09 Feb 2012, 14:45

All right, hypothetical scenario:

There is a game that has been out for quite a while. When it was new, it was acclaimed both critically and by your peers, but you never actually purchased and / or played it - perhaps you couldn't afford it at the time, or it was on a platform you didn't own. In the interim, several sequels have come out, or are about to come out, that you think would be very enjoyable.

Because you want to play these sequels, you go back and play the game you passed over before, but for some reason you cannot actually get into it. Either the aesthetic is just too dated, or the gameplay is stilted, or perhaps you just don't enjoy the atmosphere.

Has this ever happened to you? If so, what game / series was it, and what did you do?
Yes, I live in New York. No, it is not just one big city.
JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Postby JayBlanc » 09 Feb 2012, 15:00

Cake or pie?
zakwiz
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby zakwiz » 09 Feb 2012, 16:49

What is this Friday Nights everyone keeps asking about? All I have gathered is that it is a video series you guys are making (have made?) that has something to do with MtG, I've never heard you guys officially explain it in a video/podcast/blog post.

Also, I love the vidcasts, but there's a really noticeable audio delay even with your fancy setup (at least for me), is there any particular reason for that?

Finally, damn you Kathleen for getting me addicted to TripleTown!!! Have you noticed that Susan at the escapist is equally passionate about it on their podcast? Also, do you have any tips, as I have only ever gotten up to a single castle and a score of 135000, how do you get into the millions?!? (Damn ninja bears!!!)
EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Postby EnglishMQ » 09 Feb 2012, 17:35

After watching all of Season 1, I have a few interconnected questions:

-Even in commentary you seemed rather pleased with the work you'd produced for that Season. At what point did Season 1 become your secret shame?

-Would you rather I not have watched Season 1?

-How did Kate react when she discovered you kept the part about her 9:30 bedtime on the DVD Extra's? Did she find out?

Oh, and to Graham, I just got into WWE, who is best wrestler?
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 09 Feb 2012, 17:53

Any fans of the show Community?

Any tentative plans for a local screening this year?
Last edited by Metcarfre on 11 Feb 2012, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Feb 2012, 18:05

zakwiz wrote:What is this Friday Nights everyone keeps asking about? All I have gathered is that it is a video series you guys are making (have made?) that has something to do with MtG, I've never heard you guys officially explain it in a video/podcast/blog post.

See here for more information.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
JayEmu91
First Video: The Job

Postby JayEmu91 » 09 Feb 2012, 18:07

Hey guys, hope you are all keeping well. :)

Firstly, whose idea was it to begin posting 'Loading Time' on The Escapist? Was it you guys or did The Escapist ask for it to be put up? (love them by the way!)

Secondly, your thoughts on Tim Schafer's newest project and its kickstarter campaign? Which has amassed $1,575,880 at time of writing.

Also, Graham, what did you think of the return of Chris Jericho?, did you think it would be him returning or someone else? (Judging from the vignettes aired in previous shows)
Last edited by JayEmu91 on 11 Feb 2012, 11:34, edited 5 times in total.
PoorCollegeLad
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby PoorCollegeLad » 09 Feb 2012, 18:20

I don't want to be that guy...but I really want to see Brad's reaction to the depiction of horse dong Satan.

Just a friendly reminder.

So that there's a question here...anyone have any outspoken opinions on the ME3 trailers?

Thanks!
I'm a corpse, I'm not a fisherman

My name is a bit dated...I'm PoorGraduateLad now!
Undersol
First Video: The Trouble With Scribbles [maybe]

Postby Undersol » 09 Feb 2012, 18:39

Echoing a person from the Escapist forums named Chrono212, I really think you should be picked up for a feature length production. It would be cool to see a movie made by Lrr.

My question then is: If you were to make a feature film, what would it be? ex. film length cHustle, maybe a Lrr video (past or future) that you think could be made into a film, some movie idea you've always wanted to make, etc.

P.S. First AskLrr question for me, so yay!
"And it also helps with splash-back"
guidance
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby guidance » 09 Feb 2012, 19:10

What is you guys most rare/expensive/favorite magic card?
"My scythe--I like to keep it next to where my heart used to be"
Twinger
First Video: It's magic

Postby Twinger » 09 Feb 2012, 19:17

(pronounced twin-jer)
1. Who would win in a cooking contest? The hulk or bioshock's big daddy?

2. Who would win in a rap battle? Barney the purple dinosaur or Stephen Hawking?
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 09 Feb 2012, 21:06

First time I've caught one of these in a while. Lessee...

What's your biggest kitchen screw-up that was still edible? What's your biggest kitchen screw-up that was inedible?

Do you have any kids' or family movies you used to love and have seen as an adult and cringe at how awful it is?

Graham, have you figured out what's causing the credits in some videos to randomly be "double-spaced?" (Like the credits in The Whole Story: Desert Bus and a few others).

Any plans to shoot a weekly video at PAX East this year?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
The Lunatic
First Video: Reduce Your Footprint

Postby The Lunatic » 09 Feb 2012, 22:23

Hey LRR.

First time poster here with a first time question!

For those that are present, what do you intend to do directly after recording this?

Simple question, and regardless of your answers I do hope you have a good time doing whatever it is you intend to do.

Thanks! Bye.
Riokusolana
First Video: Unskipable: star ocean

Postby Riokusolana » 10 Feb 2012, 01:42

Hi! Long time fan, first time poster
Got a lot of questions that have been building up, so heres a few for now.

questions:
Now that loading time is a regular thing, and the podcast is now a vid cast, do you think that the podcast needs to change? Such as becoming less formal, meaning move it to the room desert bus is in, instead of just sitting around a table. Do you already have ideas for changes to the podcast?

Any more Dante's inferno? And if so, do you think the next gplp will be done in enough time to start soon after the current one is finished?

Any chance of a Morgan feed dump, if so, any chance it will have references to the whatever thing?

What do you look for in fan scripts? do you just look for ones that make you laugh or are you looking at quality or style of the script, do you look for only ones that are actual well written scripts or do you also look at ones written more like a short story? Is there anything that you don't like seeing in fan scripts or turns you off them immediately?

How long is the longest holiday or time off you have ever had? I'm currently on my yearly three month break from studies( as the school/university year ends in November and starts in February), have any of you had more than 3 months off?

What do you think of my username? I use it for most things but I'm thinking I should change it to something easier to say. As I wrote this I realized i should at least put a -in as it's supposed to be rioku solana, maybe better? What do you think?

Is there anything that happened during desert bus 5 that you Already plan to change for desert bus 6, and was there anything that was new to db5 that you already have plans to do again this year?

This may have already been asked but what was your favorite challenge in db5?

End of questions

Just wanted to end this post by saying thank you for making me laugh on a weekly basis for at least three years now. And thank you for desert bus, it was nice knowing that despite all the stress and hassle of my end of year exams that were on during db5, I could always unwind and relax by watching you guys. I don't think I would have made it through all that without it, so thanks.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 10 Feb 2012, 06:29

Alex is releasing the audio of his Derpcast (at blog.eximworks.org) for free and charging for the video. Have you consider this for LRRcasts?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 10 Feb 2012, 15:33

Hey folks, I've finally decided to take the plunge and buy some magic cards.

Since you had a considerable impact on this decision (and I've already coerced a friend into doing it too) do you have any recommendations for how to start, i.e. what to get first and how to go on from there?
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar

Return to “LRRcast”