Some main points about Battlefield 3:
(info from http://bf3blog.com/2011/02/battlefield-3-what-we-know-so-far-2/* 64 player support on PCs
* 24 player support on Xbox 360/PS3
* Prone is back
* Jets are back
* No commander mode
* 4 classes
* Single player campaign + co-op. Original story, not based or a continuation of Bad Company 2
* It will have more unlocks than Bad Company 2
* No mod tools
* Release date is set for Fall 2011
* PC is the lead development version
Frostbite 2.0 engine
* Frostbite 2 will only support DirectX 10 and 11, so no Windows XP support
* Frostbite 2.0 is recommended to run on 64-bit CPUs and versions of Windows
* The engine will have a new set of compilers and pipelines, which will improve its diversity and open the possibility to mod tools.
* Tile-based deferred shading via DirectCompute, which will improve performance.
* Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA), implemented with DirectCompute, which provides better bandwidth conservation (exclusive DirectX 11 feature).
* Realtime radiosity (a dynamic light source with HDR), powered by the Enlighten middleware engine, previously used in God of War 3 for the PS3
* Improved environment destruction.
Gameinformer info and images
Official screen shots
- 23/3/11 Gameplay teaser: 23/2/11
- 1/3/11 Fault Line series episode 1: Bad Part of Town single player video:
- 16/3/11 Fault Line episode 2: Good Effect on Target
- 30/3/11 Fault Line episode 3: Get that wire cut!
- 16/4/11 Fault Line full length trailer
- 26/5/11 PWNED: PWNED #7 | Battlefield 3 Special
- 6/6/11 Frostbite 2
- 6/6/11 Operation Metro Multiplayer teaser
- 8/6/11 Thunder Run
- 16/6/11 BF3 on PS3