PARANOIA MAFIA DAY-CYCLE 7

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

PARANOIA MAFIA DAY-CYCLE 7

Postby JackSlack » 07 Apr 2013, 20:34

WE ARE NOW IN DAY-CYCLE.

YOU ARE TROUBLESHOOTERS; PERSONS EMPLOYED BY THE COMPUTER IN ITS NEVER ENDING MISSION TO PROTECT AND KEEP SAFE THE PERSONS EMPLOYED BY THE COMPUTER IN ITS NEVER ENDING MISSION TO PROTECT AND KEEP SAFE THE AFOREMENTIONED EMPLOYEES. YOU EACH ARE GIVEN AUTHORIZATION FOR SIX CLONINGS; IN THE EVENT OF YOUR DEATH YOU WILL USE UP ONE CLONE.

THE COMPUTER IS VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE FOLLOWING TROUBLESHOOTERS:

1 Utilitarian - Terminated thrice, 3 clones remain.
2 Duckay - Terminated thrice, 3 clones remain.
3 Trymantha - Terminated fourice, 2 clones remain.
4 Jamfalcon - Terminated
5 Master Gunner - Terminated thrice, 3 clones remain.
6 Preacher - Terminated thrice, 3 clones remain.
7 Smeghead - Terminated fourice, 2 clones remain.
8 Dutch Guy - Terminated fourice, 2 clones remain.
9 EikoandMog - Terminated twice, 4 clones remain.
10 Ptangmatik - Terminated.
11 Elvor - Terminated a whole bunch of times, no clones remain.
12 aeric90 - Terminated fivice, 1 clone remains.
13 dsmaster21 - Terminated a whole bunch of times, no clones remain.
14 iamafish - Terminated twice, 4 clones remain.
15 My psuedonym is ix - Terminated a whole bunch of times, no clones remain.
16 empath - Terminated.
17 Lsyander - Terminated fourice, 2 clones remain.

THE TROUBLESHOOTING UNIT COMPRISING THESE MEMBERS HAS BEEN INFILTRATED BY ONE OR MORE COMMIE MUTANT TRAITORS. COMMIE MUTANT TRAITORS DISRUPT OUR SYSTEMS AND MUST BE DESTROYED. FIND THE COMMIE MUTANT TRAITORS. ONCE ONE IS FOUND (RELYING ON “WISDOM OF THE CROWD OF TROUBLESHOOTERS”), TARGET THE COMMIE MUTANT TRAITOR FOR DESTRUCTION BY THE COMPUTER. PLEASE CARRY OUT THESE ORDERS.

ALSO CARRY OUT THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL INCUR PENALTIES OF VARYING SEVERITY.
  • ANYONE USING THE WORD "VOTE" WILL BE PUNISHED WITH DEATH; VOTING IS THE SACRED TRADITION THAT DEFINES OUR GLORIOUS SOCIETY FOR THOSE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE. AS YOU ARE NOT THE COMPUTER, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO VOTE. STATE "TARGET: <TARGET>" IF YOU WISH TO TARGET A TROUBLESHOOTER FOR ELIMINATION.
  • ANYONE USING THE WORD "LYNCH" WILL BE PUNISHED WITH DEATH; LYNCHING IS OFFENSIVE WRONGTALK OF A MORE PRIMITIVE AND VIOLENT TIME.
  • ANYONE USING THE WORDS "DAY" OR "NIGHT" WITHOUT APPENDING THE WORD “CYCLE” WILL BE PUNISHED WITH DEATH. DAY IS AN AMBIGUOUS TERM DUE TO ABUSE BY POETS.
  • ANYONE USING THE WORD "TOWN", "VILLAGE" OR "FOLK" WILL BE PUNISHED WITH DEATH; THESE WORDS ARE FORBIDDEN DUE TO [REASONS CLASSIFIED; REQUIRE CLEARANCE ULTRAVIOLET.] WE LIVE IN “THE COMPLEX”, AND YOU ARE ALL “TROUBLESHOOTERS”. AS A CLARIFICATION OF THE ABOVE, THE CLONE OF A PERSON WHO USES MORE THAN ONE OF THESE WORDS IN A SINGLE POST, FOR EXAMPLE TO SAY "TOWNSFOLK", WILL NOT BE PUNISHED WITH DEATH FOR THIS INFRACTION AS S/HE IS A DIFFERENT PERSON AND THIS WOULD BE UNJUST.
  • THE CLONE OF A PERSON WHO USES MORE THAN ONE OF THESE WORDS IN A SINGLE POST, FOR EXAMPLE TO SAY "TOWNSFOLK", WILL BE PUNISHED WITH DEATH FOR INFRACTIONS RELATING TO [REASONS CLASSIFIED; REQUIRE CLEARANCE ULTRAVIOLET.]
  • WHILE THE COMPUTER HAS AN EXTENSIVE MESSAGING SYSTEM FOR TROUBLESHOOTERS, YOU ARE REQUESTED (ORDERED) TO NOT USE IT DURING DAY-CYCLE AS THIS IS CONSIDERED ANTISOCIAL.
  • DURING NIGHT-CYCLE, YOU ARE ALL PERMITTED TO MESSAGE EACH OTHER, AS THE COMPUTER ACKNOWLEDGES THE NEED FOR SOCIAL INTERACTION EVEN DURING DOWNTIME. BE GRATEFUL, AND PRESERVE BANDWIDTH BY MESSAGING ONLY ONE PERSON AT A TIME. NO MASS SENDING.
  • TYPING IN ALL CAPS IT STRICTLY FORBIDDEN (IT IS CONSIDERED RUDE) AND PUNISHABLE BY DEATH.

THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOW GIVEN. PLEASE EXECUTE ORDERS AND COMMIE MUTANT TRAITORS.

(Plainspeak version: As with most mafia games, a person will be killed each day based on majority vote. However, unlike in most mafia games, every player now has 7 ‘lives’ and is only eliminated once all 7 lives are used up. You will lose one life every time you use any of the following words: Vote, Lynch, Day instead of Day-Cycle, Night instead of Night-cycle, Town, Village, Folk. No private messages during day-cycle. Only the computer may type in all caps.)

HAVE A PLEASANT DAY-CYCLE.
Last edited by JackSlack on 07 Jul 2013, 15:26, edited 19 times in total.
JackSlack

Re: PARANOIA MAFIA DAY CYCLE 1

Postby JackSlack » 07 Apr 2013, 20:36

(If it is not clear, this game is as bastard as they come. Do not expect any of the conventions of mafia to be necessarily true.)
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 07 Apr 2013, 20:46

(Do you still want night-cycle messages sent to you in addition to the main recipient, as in a normal game?)

"Hi everyone! I think we're all going to be pretty good friends!"
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Preacher
First Video: The Job

Postby Preacher » 07 Apr 2013, 20:57

I see no issue in what is happening. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go into the corner and huddle in fear, it has nothing to do with whats going on. I'm just cold.
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 07 Apr 2013, 21:13

*looks over at Preacher*

"Um, why do you feel cold; the temperature in the Complex is regulated by Friend Computer, and thus should be fine for us. Are you feeling well?

"Further, you DO have an issue in what's happening; the Computer has designated all of us - yourself included - as troubleshooters. We have a task to eliminate a secret subversive threat against the Complex. The Computer has ordered you to do something...and you're not doing it. Hopefully you'll have a change of heart soon, and then take up the task set before us all, and help Friend Computer - and by so doing, help ourselves, and indeed, all of the Complex."

*looks at Jamfalcon in askance*

"That's a very odd thing to say; whether we are happy or not is irrelevant. We're all here to root out the subversive anti-Computer elements in this group - some of us do NOT have the best interests of the Complex at heart, and are foolish enough to hinder the good leadership of Friend Computer and essentially endanger the health and well-being of every citizen of the Complex!"

*steps up to a door in red-walled room and opens it*

"And seeing as the corridors leading OUT of this room are painted GREEN, and thus over our RED clearance levels, obviously the Computer wants us to stay here and eliminate the threat to it, the Complex and even ourselves.

"So I say, if Friend Computer wants to sequester us here until this subversive threat is dealt with; if Friend Computer wants us to make some omelettes, I'm more than willing to break some eggs to help that happen:

Target: Jamfalcon (because he seems far too 'chummy' and almost like he's putting the welfare of our group above our benevolent custodian, Friend Computer.)"
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 07 Apr 2013, 21:23

Why, empath, I am noticing a certain aggression in your tone. I cannot trust anyone who claims to speak on behalf of Friend Computer for none of us have the correct clearance level for that. If you do have the clearance level to speak on behalf of Friend Computer you have not demonstrated this to us. Therefore I can only assume that you are a Commie Mutant Traitor and should be dealt with accordingly.

I love Friend Computer and must do as I see fit.

Target: Empath
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 07 Apr 2013, 21:38

If I am to fight for the safety of The Computer, I must first protect myself.

"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 07 Apr 2013, 21:52

THE COMPUTER IS PLEASED TO SEE SUCH DILIGENCE AND DECISIVENESS ON THE PART OF ITS TROUBLESHOOTERS.

TROUBLESHOOTERS DUCKAY, EMPATH AND JAMFALCON HAVE EARNED COMMENDATIONS.

Jamfalcon wrote:(Do you still want night-cycle messages sent to you in addition to the main recipient, as in a normal game?)

(No, this time I'm prepared to let you go and do so without including me.)
EikoandMog

Postby EikoandMog » 07 Apr 2013, 22:03

Good day-cycle everyone and oh, are we accusing someone? Perhaps my IR meds are still wearing off but that seems like a fun time to share with friends. Such aggression shouldn't be tolerated, we agree? Target:empath
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 07 Apr 2013, 22:07

YOUR IR MEDS ARE DISCONTINUED. WELCOME TO CLEARANCE LEVEL BLUE, TROUBLESHOOTER EIKOANDMOG.
Preacher

Postby Preacher » 07 Apr 2013, 22:15

Well he did tell me to take up the task. I may as well be productive this Day-Cycle.

And for the record, I am cold. The shivering and cowering has nothing to do with the fact that there could be Mutant Communist Traitors near by waiting to kill me while I sleep. Nothing at all.

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 07 Apr 2013, 23:12

It seems incredibly suspicious to me that Empath would go around flinging his suspicions at people like that
Am I the only one checking for hidden messages?
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 07 Apr 2013, 23:20

Fellow Troubleshooters, why are we so quick to turn on Empath? All he is doing is following the orders of friend computer!
Target: Duckay for trying to suppress those following orders!
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 08 Apr 2013, 00:29

TALLY:

EMPATH: 5
JAMFALCON: 1
DUCKAY: 1
TARGETING PROBABILITY: 29.4% THAT EMPATH IS COMMIE MUTANT TRAITOR. REQUIRE 50% CERTAINTY FOR ELIMINATION.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 08 Apr 2013, 00:34

'The term "friends" has no meaning between troubleshooters, the only friend is Friend Computer. This is a proven fact and claiming otherwise is an obvious error. You will do well to remember this Jamfalcon in the future -if you are deemed worthy of having one-'
Preacher

Postby Preacher » 08 Apr 2013, 00:51

The computer is using math to decide its targets. Suddenly I'm worried again.

But if we do not target Empath then who? Elvor for supporting Empath? Jamfalcon for being friendly? Me for cowardice? Duckay for responding to aggression with aggression? Eikoandmog for wanting to find a non-aggressive way? Ptangmatik for being suspicious of suspicion? Smeghead for....something? Who then shall we target if not the most obvious threat?

EikoandMog

Postby EikoandMog » 08 Apr 2013, 01:45

Preacher, you should not be concerned over The Computer's use of math. Being concerned over The Computer's actions is traitorous.
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 08 Apr 2013, 01:46

Hello their fellow trouble shooters, I would like to run some more diagnostics before coming to a conclusion for the time being.

(OOC: should I read up on the source material for this?)
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 08 Apr 2013, 01:47

EikoandMog wrote:Preacher, you should not be concerned over The Computer's use of math. Being concerned over The Computer's actions is traitorous.

THE CORRECT WORD IS TREASONOUS.

GOOD GRAMMAR IS DESIRABLE.

Trymantha wrote:(OOC: should I read up on the source material for this?)

(Nah.)
EikoandMog

Postby EikoandMog » 08 Apr 2013, 02:30

JackSlack wrote:
EikoandMog wrote:Preacher, you should not be concerned over The Computer's use of math. Being concerned over The Computer's actions is traitorous.

THE CORRECT WORD IS TREASONOUS.

GOOD GRAMMAR IS DESIRABLE.

(Both are acceptable :p)
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 08 Apr 2013, 02:35

(I always thought an act was treasonous, while a person is traitorous.)
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 08 Apr 2013, 02:36

Trymantha's trying to run diagnostics on the friend computer??
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 08 Apr 2013, 02:42

Preacher wrote:The computer is using math to decide its targets. Suddenly I'm worried again.

'And why -prey tell- would that be?'
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 08 Apr 2013, 03:02

And why are you so interested in whatever Preacher's up to?
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 08 Apr 2013, 03:23

The same reason why I am interested in what you and everyone else is up to too; doing the right thing.

Return to “Video Games”