Remember Me, Part 2

Discussion of LRR's weekly mockery of video game cutscenes.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Remember Me, Part 2

Postby Kathleen » 30 Sep 2013, 09:02

You may have forgotten but remember to check out part two of Remember Me.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Re: Remember Me, Part 2

Postby Bebop Man » 30 Sep 2013, 10:17

So is the game any good?
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 30 Sep 2013, 12:57

OK, question. How screwed up in the head do you have to be to think that the place where the dead body is going, sealed up in a coffin, is going to be a BETTER place than where you are now?

Although, for that matter, why are they sending coffins out of the facility in the first place? It really seems like this company could afford their own burial or crematorium site.

I'm sure those are all questions that are answered in the game. Which I haven't and probably will never play. So. I guess those are just going to be mysteries forever for me.

Bummer.
Narcuru
First Video: Into the Breach - CheckPoint

Postby Narcuru » 30 Sep 2013, 13:03

Yeah someone mentioned that on the Escapist forums. Certainly a crematorium would be a better use of materials (I guess they don't recycle those coffins so they have to keep making new ones?). Why do they send them down a river and why are some of them still alive (or at least undead)?

The cutscene did little to explain whats going on in this world (beyond evil company harvests (I guess?) memories), and just makes for more questions as to why the company does certain things in a particular way which, for me at least, makes it harder to immerse myself in their world.
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Hepheastus » 01 Oct 2013, 00:31

This post contains answers to these question and therefore has Remember Me spoilers

The place you are in is called la Bastille (no really) and it's a prison where your memories are confiscated on entry and returned to you when you leave. When you are inside you have no memories of the outside world so you don't know there is anything to escape to. However the Governess and Authority are incredibly corrupt and because when you leave your memories of your incarceration is deleted they abuse the prisoners horribly, It's heavily implied that Nilin gets molested by prison guards. The Lurkers are formed when a person has implant rejection of a sensen. The dead from the prison are dumped into Lurker territory because nobody ever goes there. As for why some are dumped alive, well Memorize actually wants Lurkers created because of something called the reconversion project where they turn them into slaves

As for is the game good, a solid B+, it has some fantastic ideas but is let down a bit in execution
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 03 Oct 2013, 03:35

I realize that to make an engaging plot, you sometimes have to take liberties with a real, well reasoned plan, but...

Geez...These companies need a better board of directors or something.

Return to “Unskippable”