Tales of Xillia

Discussion of LRR's weekly mockery of video game cutscenes.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Tales of Xillia

Postby Paul » 02 Dec 2013, 12:23

Graham and Paul take us all the way up the stairs to see Tales of Xillia.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Re: Tales of Xillia

Postby Bebop Man » 02 Dec 2013, 12:54

The cutscene looks suprisingly sober by JRPG standards. Or maybe I've seen too many Atelier Unskippables.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 02 Dec 2013, 13:06

OK, having watched this opening scene, I'm not even sure who the primary playable character is or anything. It could be him, or her, or even the spirits or something. Who knows!

The anime looked like, well, fairly generic anime, but there was no indication in there at all what the actual game was. It could be an anime themed FPS for all that opening shows.

I never cease to be amazed that the LRR team can keep finding these things and that they so consistently hit the ball out of the park with making fun of them.
Narcuru
First Video: Into the Breach - CheckPoint

Postby Narcuru » 02 Dec 2013, 14:41

Clypheous wrote:OK, having watched this opening scene, I'm not even sure who the primary playable character is or anything. It could be him, or her, or even the spirits or something. Who knows!

Having never played the game but reading random comments on The Escapist apparently you choose to either play as the girl or the guy? So pretty apt.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 02 Dec 2013, 18:02

Narcuru wrote:
Clypheous wrote:OK, having watched this opening scene, I'm not even sure who the primary playable character is or anything. It could be him, or her, or even the spirits or something. Who knows!

Having never played the game but reading random comments on The Escapist apparently you choose to either play as the girl or the guy? So pretty apt.

I was actually curious enough to read a plot synopsis online. That didn't really help all that much though actually. It mostly read like "they did things and then stuff happened, then they did other things and other stuff happened, then they died, then they won, then they died and won again." Or something like that, my eyes kind of glazed over after awhile.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 02 Dec 2013, 19:19

Why do I feel like Paul's posts are padded? Also, what is it with JRPG male leads and just stuttering their way into poor situations. It's like Dishonored, but with more cowlick.

Return to “Unskippable”