01 - Tigers and Sheep

News, with silly hats.
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Re: 001 - Tigers and Sheep

Postby Psyclone » 25 May 2011, 20:32

I'm going to call it Pheed Dümp, at least. Amazing job, you guys. I didn't know Matt could sing...
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 25 May 2011, 21:05

The only complaint I have here (and it is a very minor complaint) is that you have a new name for it. To me this means that you won't be able to make any of the references to "Phail", or replacing the 'f's in words with 'ph', which were stylistic touches that worked really well on the Phailhaus, and you also won't be producing Phailhauses anymore because this has replaced it. (Although if I'm wrong, I would definitely like to be corrected)

Which is a shame. Also the new name "Feed Dump" doesn't quite roll off the tongue... yet, anyway.

However, the 'bow-chicka-wow-wow's and the silly hats left me with a grin on my face that's still going. :D
And hey, if it's going to be more regular, I'm completely fine with having the above (minor) gripe as a trade-off!
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 25 May 2011, 21:25

Excellent! Weekly hilarious Phailhaus-esque videos with you guys sitting around reading funny news items and cracking jokes? Brilliant.

Add funny hats to that? SOLD. SOLD 100 TIMES.

I actually think filming in the costume/hat area of the moon base is a great idea. Makes for a nice backdrop (I keep thinking Graham's backdrop is a multinational flag backdrop at the UN or something), and whenever you need a silly hat, or a wig, BAM, you reach up and grab it. Perfect!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 25 May 2011, 23:03

I really enjoyed this and laughed a lot. I'll be checking out the next episodes. The jingle was awesome and the pacing was just right.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Cho_J
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Cho_J » 26 May 2011, 00:16

I... I am so happy. You, good LRRfolk, have made my whole week, and I look forward to it being made again next Wednesday! :D Oh, I have missed bizarre news from around the world...
-Cho
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 26 May 2011, 02:50

weekly phail news is the best thing ever, now i don't have to harass graham every time he is anywhere I can interact with him! I mean I might sexually harass him still, but I think that's always welcome a little.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 26 May 2011, 05:09

MORE PHAILHAUS OMG LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE!
Nirvana
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Nirvana » 26 May 2011, 06:06

Nothing better then a regular dose of phail..er....feeds...er...dumping? xD

Anyway, I am very excited to see this series on a regular basis. Was there any particular reason you guys decided not to just call it Phailhaus? It is so similar in concept that I would have figured it would translate over easily.

Best I can figure is you didnt want to be constantly explaining to new people that you KNOW you used that word incorrectly in a sentence!
Check out my weekly WWE RAW reviews at http://www.RingsideAcademy.com
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 26 May 2011, 06:30

My guess is they wanted to keep the name different for convoluted legal/IP reasons.

nicholasmc1 wrote:Pheed Dümp?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss...
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 26 May 2011, 17:24

I'd just like to say that not only do I hope Paul and Matt Have to Figure Out What Graham is Talking About becomes a recurring segment, but that it's always called "Paul and Matt Have to Figure Out What Graham is Talking About" regardless of who is actually present and/or participating for added confusion/silliness.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 26 May 2011, 17:30

When I try and remember the jingle, I keep (lesbian) coming up with "Paul and Matt try to figure out what the hell Graham is on about"

It feels better to me...
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Cho_J
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Cho_J » 26 May 2011, 19:58

RytelCSF wrote:I'd just like to say that not only do I hope Paul and Matt Have to Figure Out What Graham is Talking About becomes a recurring segment, but that it's always called "Paul and Matt Have to Figure Out What Graham is Talking About" regardless of who is actually present and/or participating for added confusion/silliness.

This. I have a wonderful mental image now of either Paul or Matt saying something to Graham, but having it be called the opposite of that. Heh. Funtimes and confusion.
-Cho
TheDstryr
First Video: Unskippable Final Fantasy III

Postby TheDstryr » 27 May 2011, 08:43

No F.

It is Pheed Dump.
operagirl95 wrote:Banned for "I see what you did there."

It's pronounced "Destroyer", people.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 27 May 2011, 19:34

So the thing about with the pot butter happened near me and it's really hilarious when you're watching tv and a news comercial comes on and says "A babysitter fed a young child marijuana laced butter, more at 11". Its a serious WTF moment.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 27 May 2011, 22:53

I've had a rough week so only just discovered the new series on Friday, as well as the end of Daily Drop. This was definitely an improvement to the past few days.

I have to say, I'm liking Pheed Dümp. I can understand why they changed the name. They have complete ownership over Phailhaüs & can control where it's seen & sell DVDs & whatnot. The Escapist has a hand in Pheed Dümp so distribution will have a little extra red tape. I don't mind. I'm sure the Dump will originate running gags of its own over time & I'm all for new gags to have phun with.

I do miss Pic of the Day & the Day of the Day tho'. I really hope this catches on with all the new viewers so the Dump can find it's own groove. The format has already been polished from The Whatever Thing through Phailhaüs so seeing the newest incarnation is like having a child finally come back from college all grown up. *Sniff* (proud smile)
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 28 May 2011, 06:33

Psyclone wrote:I'm going to call it Pheed Dümp

Pheed Dümp all the way!

This makes me so happy. I hope you guys can work in the pic/word/day of the day thing somehow... you know, like everyone else has basically said...
but even if you don't, this is still fantastic!
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 May 2011, 07:34

Why has this appeared in General Discussion?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
theDreamer

Postby theDreamer » 28 May 2011, 07:56

Jillers wrote:
Psyclone wrote:I'm going to call it Pheed Dümp

Pheed Dümp all the way!

That's so silly.

Pheed Dümp would be pronounced "Pheed Doomp" which sounds stupid.

No, only a fül would but an ümlaut in "dump."

FOOLS I SAY.
An Evil Herbivore
First Video: Worst Day Ever

Postby An Evil Herbivore » 29 May 2011, 13:27

So it's LRR tradition that if someone does something twice, then they get stuck in that role forever.

This format has changed names and slight style variations twice now (Whatever Thing to Phailhaüs, and then Phailhaüs to Feed Dump.) So following LRR tradition, it should continue to change name and slight style variations every couple of years.
I have changed my name like 3 times on this forum. Guess who I am!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 29 May 2011, 14:51

The name change comes from it just being a different thing. The Word, Pic and Day of the Day might not show up all that often, or at all, we don't know yet. And Feed Dump is set up with the intention of having other people, rather than just whoever is around.

It's just not quite Phailhaüs, and I felt it would more confusing to call it Phailhaüs but have it be not-quite-right, than give it a new name.

For your interest (because I saw someone mention it), we actually retain all rights to this series.
theDreamer

Postby theDreamer » 29 May 2011, 15:24

So this is not ENN, owned by the Escapist, but rather, like LRR's "main" videos, owned solely by you, merely hosted by the Escapist?

Good-o.

Not like it makes a difference to me at all. I'm not much of a DVD buyer.

Though I guess this means any Feed Dump shirts are yours.
Helix
First Video: Cash Cats

Postby Helix » 30 May 2011, 17:28

Really, you think Italy can be embarrassed by anything anymore? They have Berlusconi for a Prime Minister... I mean the guy is currently on trial for hiring an underage prostitute and there are, like, a dozen other cases where he was acquitted because he controls the legal system and/or media. I mean the ham thing is pretty damn stupid, but nothing Italy does surprises me anymore...

*EDIT* Also: Yay! More Phailhaus (sort of)!
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 31 May 2011, 01:54

korri wrote:So the thing about with the pot butter happened near me and it's really hilarious when you're watching tv and a news comercial comes on and says "A babysitter fed a young child marijuana laced butter, more at 11". Its a serious WTF moment.

"And now to the whether" "Thanks steve looks like we have a beautiful day coming up with a Dümp of Pheed's all over the east coast"
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 31 May 2011, 08:27

RytelCSF wrote:I'd just like to say that not only do I hope Paul and Matt Have to Figure Out What Graham is Talking About becomes a recurring segment, but that it's always called "Paul and Matt Have to Figure Out What Graham is Talking About" regardless of who is actually present and/or participating for added confusion/silliness.

Actually, I hope they have a different segment each time, with equally convoluted yet straightforward titles, like "Paul and Jer Try To Figure Out What Graham Has Behind His Back" and "Kathleen And Graham Will Now Try To Outdo One Another In The Ridiculosity Of Their Hats And Accents".
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: 01 - Tigers and Sheep

Postby empath » 07 Sep 2011, 07:12

Season-long NECRO!

Seriously, I have NO idea why I never caught this - I recall being aware of this, but I guess I've been too wrapped up in work and the miserable summer weather here to get around to watching it.

THANK YOU for cheering me immensely. :)

Return to “Feed Dump”