Venting Thread Beta

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
xdeathknightx
First Video: It's Magic

Re: Venting Thread Beta

Postby xdeathknightx » 11 Mar 2011, 11:55

Ah time for another rant:

Look here you hag, maybe if you spent less time on your cell phone and more time watching the road I wouldn't have to swerve around you. Oh and I'm not really impressed when you look at me angrily while still blabbering away on your empty useless existence. Don't pick up the phone while you are driving, you aren't that f*cking interesting, nor is anything you have to say. Pay attention before you hit someone and have to act like you never saw them coming. Pay attention before you turn your car blocking the entire road. I know you didn't look for one second if someone was coming from behind, nor that you would care if someone would. Because of course no-one is more important than you. And people just can't wait to hear from you so you have to call them in your car. And of course hand free sets are just money traps :roll:

I hope some cop stops you soon and gives you a huge ticket. Although I am pretty sure that as soon as the cop is gone you'll pick up your phone to call people on how a cop dared to give you a ticket.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 11 Mar 2011, 12:05

Just remember that the use of a hands-free device does not actually reduce the chances of a crash...
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 11 Mar 2011, 15:46

It should be legal for me to mutilate people.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 11 Mar 2011, 19:29

GUH! I feel stuck! I hate feeling stuck! I want to just up and go off somewhere not here! I know I can't! GUH!!
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 11 Mar 2011, 19:35

Perfectly terrible end to the day. Yes it can be used as an awesome weapon now, but I'm going to get in a lot of trouble. Damn forgetfulness.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 11 Mar 2011, 20:13

Sorry to double-post, but... You dick. You goddamn dick. I was doing fine, but you wanted to ask me why I'd been crying, so I tell you and you 1) tell me about how my prospective career choice probably won't work out 2) tell me that life sucks and to learn to see it differently, though I'd been telling you that I usually do, it had all just kind of built up at once and 3) that if I didn't like crying and thought it made me weak, then just learn not to cry, and that even though some people say that's not healthy, learning to hide your emotions is useful in a lot of circumstances in the long run, even though I can hide and in some cases control my emotions quite well overall; it had just, again, built up. Goddamnit, I was feeling better, and now I've started crying again and I have a headache to boot.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

gcninja

Postby gcninja » 11 Mar 2011, 21:41

You son of a bitch. your daughter was nice enough to let you move in with her and pay a HUNDRED DOLLARS every two weeks for bills that probably only come up to a HUNDRED a month. She's 21 years old and YOU move in with her. Then you boss her about how to be in a relationship and say we're moving too fast when you have a chick moving in with you after TWO MONTHS.
THEN the one night I'm home alone and want to spend a peaceful night doing nothing perverted but hang with my girlfriend, you have the GALL to say no she can't? Well FUCK YOU, you've lost all respect of mine. She's TWENTY ONE and you know how she just obeys you and abuses it. In a months time she will be moved out and your control will be gone, I will make SURE of that you cock sucking bastard.
FUCK
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 11 Mar 2011, 22:23

I thought you said your girlfriend was a lot older than you?
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 11 Mar 2011, 22:27

No, just a year and 4 months. I'm only 20
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 11 Mar 2011, 22:30

I know how old you are but for some reason I thought you said you were dating someone much older than you. Either way, sorry to hear about the douchey dad.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 11 Mar 2011, 22:34

Lol, I see its all good. I like to keep the age within range of +/- 3 years so it works out.

And ya, shes even mad about it. But soon, she shall be free. I don't if next time I see him if I'll punch him or not. No promises

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 12 Mar 2011, 02:41

OK, stop telling me I am Spoiler Man. You dumb fucks, saying that Twin Peaks is about the investigation into the murder of Laura Palmer isn't a spoiler. It's the premise of the show. It's like saying "Doctor Who is about a time travelling alien" is a spoiler.

Seriously, there is a time limit on spoilers. Yes, OK, saying Merril in Dragon Age is a blood mage may be a small spoiler, but it's not a reason to shout at me. It's something that you find out in 5 minutes of meeting her and tells you nothing about her storyline.

Seriously, get a life, people.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 12 Mar 2011, 03:21

Fayili wrote:Sorry to double-post, but... You dick. You goddamn dick. I was doing fine, but you wanted to ask me why I'd been crying, so I tell you and you 1) tell me about how my prospective career choice probably won't work out 2) tell me that life sucks and to learn to see it differently, though I'd been telling you that I usually do, it had all just kind of built up at once and 3) that if I didn't like crying and thought it made me weak, then just learn not to cry, and that even though some people say that's not healthy, learning to hide your emotions is useful in a lot of circumstances in the long run, even though I can hide and in some cases control my emotions quite well overall; it had just, again, built up. Goddamnit, I was feeling better, and now I've started crying again and I have a headache to boot.

Sorry to hear about this, Fayili. :( Who's the dick? Can you avoid him? Doesn't sound like knowing him's exactly conductive of good mental health for you.

Maybe making it in editing is tough, but fuck it once you do (and you will, if you just keep trying) the sense of achievement at having done so will make you feel bulletproof. ;)
Also, it maybe allow you to engage in a little schadenfreude if the dick who was telling you now that you can't do what you want has a shit time because he decided not to try at anything and has a terrible job. :D

gcninja wrote:You son of a bitch. your daughter was nice enough to let you move in with her and pay a HUNDRED DOLLARS every two weeks for bills that probably only come up to a HUNDRED a month. She's 21 years old and YOU move in with her. Then you boss her about how to be in a relationship and say we're moving too fast when you have a chick moving in with you after TWO MONTHS.
THEN the one night I'm home alone and want to spend a peaceful night doing nothing perverted but hang with my girlfriend, you have the GALL to say no she can't? Well FUCK YOU, you've lost all respect of mine. She's TWENTY ONE and you know how she just obeys you and abuses it. In a months time she will be moved out and your control will be gone, I will make SURE of that you cock sucking bastard.
FUCK

He may be an intolerable bastard with double standards, but I would not advise hitting the father of your girlfriend. Not unless circumstances got a lot more extreme. Like, him keeping her prisoner in her own home or otherwise threatening her life or freedom extreme. If she can move out then just wait and keep your cool.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 12 Mar 2011, 03:40

Drinnik wrote:OK, stop telling me I am Spoiler Man.

I've had something like that happen. One of my friends was mentioning a movie to someone. All I did was mention what I'd seen in the TRAILER, and he looked at me like I'd blown the ending of it.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
xdeathknightx
First Video: It's Magic

Postby xdeathknightx » 12 Mar 2011, 06:09

metcarfre wrote:Just remember that the use of a hands-free device does not actually reduce the chances of a crash...

true but in the past month or two all the times someone was acting like a dick in traffic they were attached to their cellphone.
I love cellphones I do, I hate the fact that people want to be able to call at all times, even when driving. Unless you have someone next to you to pick up the phone just don't. Hell a lot of the time when I am on my bicycle and I get called I don't even answer it. If it's really really important they will call back, if not I will call them back when I get home or to my destination.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 12 Mar 2011, 06:22

Fayili wrote:Sorry to double-post, but... You dick. You goddamn dick. I was doing fine, but you wanted to ask me why I'd been crying, so I tell you and you 1) tell me about how my prospective career choice probably won't work out 2) tell me that life sucks and to learn to see it differently, though I'd been telling you that I usually do, it had all just kind of built up at once and 3) that if I didn't like crying and thought it made me weak, then just learn not to cry, and that even though some people say that's not healthy, learning to hide your emotions is useful in a lot of circumstances in the long run, even though I can hide and in some cases control my emotions quite well overall; it had just, again, built up. Goddamnit, I was feeling better, and now I've started crying again and I have a headache to boot.

I hate people who do that, who push you into talking about a healing problem just so that they can act all high and mighty and complete degrade and demean you, speaking to you as if you're somekind of kid, and a stupid kid at that. He's the type of person who not only have to push you down by TELLING you what's "shit about your life", but also have to show off how cool they are. I seriously doubt that he never cries, I bet when someone insults him that he cries like a little girl.

I'm sorry to hear that he acted like that towards you, while no one deserves that type of treatment, you deserve it even less, you have enough shit going on in your life already without having to deal with assholes coming along and making you feel worse when you're finally starting to feel better. I wish I'd been there to give you a big hug ...

Also ... point me in his direction and I will end him for you, kk? ~<3
Hurp-De-Durp!
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 12 Mar 2011, 06:29

gcninja wrote:You son of a bitch. your daughter was nice enough to let you move in with her and pay a HUNDRED DOLLARS every two weeks for bills that probably only come up to a HUNDRED a month. She's 21 years old and YOU move in with her. Then you boss her about how to be in a relationship and say we're moving too fast when you have a chick moving in with you after TWO MONTHS.
FUCK

Jesus christ, sorry to hear that your girlfriend has to deal with that. I would advice against punching him, but I guess (if your girlfriend allows) you always could explain to him that what he's saying is hypocritical of him, not to mention insulting towards both you and your girlfriend.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 13 Mar 2011, 02:46

Humanity... oh my old nemesis...

Human failings strike me so damned hard, particularly when they come from those I trust most. I don't blame them, I don't hate them, and I can't even say I don't understand them, because I do. I just am frustrated to watch the people I care about make massive mistakes I can't prevent or even help much to fix.

I hate when they do something without thinking that undoes years of hard won personal progress in a single blow, and which, worse still, reveals that I never had the full picture to begin with, despite being the one person in the world they trust most, the only person they ever dared trust the problem to, and they still couldn't tell me the full truth about the problem because they were still lying to themselves about it.

Fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, humans. I hate you miserable monstrosities so damn much it hurts. And it hurts because I love you, and because you have such potential, and because even I, the wretched madman that I am, am at once so much better than you and so much worse than you, and because even I, lost and blind fool that I am, can believe in the promise of a better future, not only for you, but perhaps even for myuself - have to believe, or lose the last vestiges of sanity and hurl myself into oblivion.

~Alja~
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 13 Mar 2011, 03:13

... I know that this doesn't help you, but ... after a while I thought I was reading through the monologue in a play, the wording in your post is beautiful. *hugs tightly*

If I can help somehow it's just to ask. You can find me here, on twitter, AIM and MSN. <3
Hurp-De-Durp!
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 13 Mar 2011, 12:45

The simple sentiment is more than enough.

I've been through worse. We all have, oddly enough.

~Alja~
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 13 Mar 2011, 15:28

Alja-Markir wrote:{fast forward}
Fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, humans. I hate you miserable monstrosities so damn much it hurts. And it hurts because I love you, and because you have such potential, and because even I, the wretched madman that I am, am at once so much better than you and so much worse than you, and because even I, lost and blind fool that I am, can believe in the promise of a better future, not only for you, but perhaps even for myuself - have to believe, or lose the last vestiges of sanity and hurl myself into oblivion.

~Alja~

As always (and as Deedles has already said) you are just so motherfucking ELOQUENT, man.

Thanks for distilling why I get so ticked off at ignorant and lazy people. *joins hug*
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 13 Mar 2011, 18:17

I swear to God, whenever I read through Alja's rant I get this urge to get onto a stage and act it out to an audience. It's ... agonisingly inspiring because of it's beauty.

*hugs again ... JUST BECAUSE!*
Hurp-De-Durp!
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 13 Mar 2011, 19:02

*Joins the giant Alja hug*

It's going to be all right. It's all going to be all right.
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 13 Mar 2011, 21:58

*laughs and tries not to be crushed by well-wishing huggers*

Things are better, as they almost always tend to be after a couple days. Learned some unpleasant things about a few folks close to me, and they learned about those things as well, it seems. Once the problem was actually known and accepted, the worst was past. Fixing it will take time, but we have enough of that.

Sadly, it's just the simple truth of the human race that we'd rather hide our problems away than turn to face them. We're weak, frightened, stubborn, scared, and achingly alone. Nothing really ever works right, people are miserable, we cling to the things we think will somehow force us to be happy, and we believe that mere things can make us happy because we're trained by chaos and disposable consumerism to do so.

Yet nothing ever makes anyone happy. No item, artifact, possession, or commodity can foster true human joy on its own. Happiness comes from thought - conscious or unrealized. We choose to be happy, or we choose not to.

In facing the troubles of the past few days, myself and those close to me have felt terribly unhappy. But we learned the truth about things - and only now with that truth can we work to be truly happier. Because a foundation of lies cannot stand - it will not ever stand. Because selfishness is self destruction - and self deceptive. Because humanity's sole strength, it's only strength, is the power to reflect upon the past, seek the raw and bitter truth, and then do something to fix it.

There are a few more bruises and scars in my collection now. But each one is reminder of who and what we strange creatures called humans really are - each one signifies a dark and bitter struggle against selfishness and despair. Because as overwhelming as this inexplicable world of ours always is, we can rise above it. We can fight the good fight - not just in great and monumentous events, but in the smallest and most personal of ways.

Remember: truth is all we have. And we don't even actually have truth.

~Alja~
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 13 Mar 2011, 22:05

Alja-Markir wrote:we'd rather hide our problems away than turn to face them. We're weak, frightened, stubborn, scared, and achingly alone.

Something to this effect will be written on my tombstone! *halfseriousselfloathing* :roll:
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much

Return to “General Discussion”