Help plz win some Mashable Web Awards...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lorithad

Re: Help plz win some Mashable Web Awards...

Postby Lorithad » 11 Dec 2009, 22:03

I'm going to agree with Jim. This thread is in very bad taste.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 11 Dec 2009, 22:14

Evil Jim wrote:So what do the winners win anyway? I haven't found anything about prizes on the Mashable website yet.

From what I hear, nothing but publicity.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 11 Dec 2009, 22:18

Regardless of who you vote for Funniest Channel, you can still vote for Secret of the Sauce in Video of the Year, and we don't know anybody else in that category.
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 11 Dec 2009, 22:19

Genghis Ares wrote:That's kind of awesome.

There we go.

Lorithad wrote:I'm going to agree with Jim. This thread is in very bad taste.

Can't say as it's the worst thing I've ever come across on these forums. I can see where he's coming from on this, and he's being neither pushy nor obnoxious about it. Christ, if you don't want to start voting for CardGamesFTW, then by all means don't.

You want to know what I did? I split my votes between the two. Easy business.

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 11 Dec 2009, 22:21

Interruptor Jones wrote:
Genghis Ares wrote:That's kind of sad.

There we go.

Lorithad wrote:I'm going to agree with Jim. This thread is in very bad taste.

Can't say as it's the worst thing I've ever come across on these forums. I can see where he's coming from on this, and he's being neither pushy nor obnoxious about it. Christ, if you don't want to start voting for CardGamesFTW, then by all means don't.

You want to know what I did? I split my votes between the two. Easy business.

I'm sorry, but you seemed to have misquoted me.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 11 Dec 2009, 22:21

In theory, the voting alone leads to some publicity. As you'll see the other nominees whenever you vote.

Either way, LoadingReadyRun - A lifetime of service and strength.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 11 Dec 2009, 22:30

I will vote for you under one (1) condition. You must, uppon winning, give the "mad props" and "shout-outs" to the most Loading of Readyruns.
Image Image Image
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 11 Dec 2009, 22:45

I understand where you're coming from, Kroze, & I mean no offense. I have no problems with you promoting your work elsewhere, but considering you are posting in a community for a group who is in direct competition with you & asking them to vote otherwise does not look good, however kindly you word your rationalization. It boils down to a clash of interests. We know you're a good guy.

Edit:
I've been trying to check this stuff out but the web page hasn't been loading for me since this thread was started: http://yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 12 Dec 2009, 00:16

Matt, your avatar works now. It didn't before.

To explain this retarded system: it rewards whoever has the most zealous community. We're Runners, we're not good at this apparently.

Also, I would think that Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged would suffer because it's essentially dead.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 12 Dec 2009, 00:23

Uh... Um... Hm... I'm gonna go with no, Kroze. No.

I don't care what anyone says, if anyone's going to win, it's LRR. Don't go stealing the LRR fans votes just because you're the designated Desert Bus IRC adjutant. Not exactly a smart move.

Instead of stealing votes from other people, POWERSURGE LRR TO THE LEAD GO~!
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 12 Dec 2009, 00:28

Fine, here's the deal. If you turn down Kroze ACTUALLY VOTE. I've looked at Mashable and seen no votes for LRR (albeit, I'm only allowed to see one page of results). If LRR is going to win, you need to be an obsessive weirdo. Especially since you all need to cover for me, as I refuse to buy into this "social networking" thing.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

Kroze
Filled With Regret

Postby Kroze » 12 Dec 2009, 04:14

Sieg Reyu wrote:I will vote for you under one (1) condition. You must, uppon winning, give the "mad props" and "shout-outs" to the most Loading of Readyruns.

I don't see how we could not...
We pimped Secret of the Sauce video in our "Vote for Mashables 3rd Annual Web Awards" video already...
The only reason I have came here to do this is so at least one of us two wins. Keep in mind I've been a LRR follower longer then YGO:TAS has been running and if the situation was reversed, I would be getting ALL of our fans to channel their votes into LRR because at least we'd be contributing for something...

Evil Jim wrote:I understand where you're coming from, Kroze, & I mean no offense. I have no problems with you promoting your work elsewhere, but considering you are posting in a community for a group who is in direct competition with you & asking them to vote otherwise does not look good, however kindly you word your rationalization. It boils down to a clash of interests. We know you're a good guy.

Edit:
I've been trying to check this stuff out but the web page hasn't been loading for me since this thread was started: http://yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/

Yeah, the site is kinda down for a few hours while our server is under maintenance... if you wanna check out our stuff: CLICK HERE.

Like I said before, in doing this I've been trying to make sure at least someone who ISN'T A COMPLETE DOUCHE (This was a completely unprovoked thing that happened and the sad part is after he said those first things, people were trying to explain to him what is what and he was rude to them as well... including being rude to some of his own fans...) and seeing as how you can even plainly see it has come down to us and him just from the votes coming in.
He has a waaaaaaaayyy bigger fanbase than either LRR and YGO:TAS...
I was just figuring if we could pool our resources together, someone could snag a win for the both of us.
And like I said before, if the situation was reversed and LRR was going head to head with the guy, I would totally be rallying everyone of our own fans to vote LRR on this.

I never meant this to be in bad taste... I more so kinda saw this as "Let the non-youtube partners/underdogs come together here and kick some ass" kinda thing... kinda like Voltron without having a kickass giant robot (sadly).

Sorry if I pissed anyone off here with this. This was about anything BUT stealing LRR fans away from the cause...
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 12 Dec 2009, 07:29

If you -really- want to one-up this douchebag, YGO:TAS fans can rally behind LRR (which supposedly is the true underdog, according to your tally)..

Personally, I'd much rather LoadingReadyRun kick the much deserved ass than any other YouTube channel/only web series website, simply because these guys are doing a damn fine job and aren't getting enough credit for it.

TeamFourStar was an instant success because it was not only DBZ, but it was an Abridged series, stemmed from YGO:TAS. Those series are known well enough already. Instead of trying to steal the "third-place getters" votes to yours, get a giant surge going for LRR votes to get them well across the line, over both Mr. Douchebag and YGO Abridged.. Seems like a fair assumption to me. LRR deserves the praise instead of stealing THEIR fans for already well-known shows.

EDIT: Hold up, I just read that guys tweets giving you guys crap.
Behold my response~!.. Albeit rather impromptu and bitter.
http://twitter.com/MattAn24/status/6601654729
http://twitter.com/MattAn24/status/6601683376

Ah.. Haha.. Not sure what anyone else thinks, but I still find the term "wankstains of color" absolutely hilarious. LRR! Make a video of it! :O
Arius

Postby Arius » 12 Dec 2009, 07:46

I really wouldn't consider LRR the underdog, what with two successful video series on the Escapist as well as having YouTube partnership status and enough ability to call in favours (which they apparently don't want to abuse) from pretty famous people. I'm pretty sure if they had mentioned it to Wil Wheaton, he'd have said something about it on Twitter and caused an immediate democratic rape of that guy. Though, I understand why they didn't, because it would be rather emasculating to the LRR epenis. And they have a sense of decency and decorum.

But LRR the underdog? Not really. They just haven't gone out of their way to get the word out beyond the fanbase.

(Yes, I'm exaggerating their pull, but you never know.)
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 12 Dec 2009, 07:56

Arius wrote:I really wouldn't consider LRR the underdog, what with two successful video series on the Escapist as well as having YouTube partnership status and enough ability to call in favours (which they apparently don't want to abuse) from pretty famous people. I'm pretty sure if they had mentioned it to Wil Wheaton, he'd have said something about it on Twitter and caused an immediate democratic rape of that guy. Though, I understand why they didn't, because it would be rather emasculating to the LRR epenis. And they have a sense of decency and decorum.

But LRR the underdog? Not really. They just haven't gone out of their way to get the word out beyond the fanbase.

(Yes, I'm exaggerating their pull, but you never know.)

That's very true, maybe I shouldn't have said underdog. I just think that LRR is a much more deserving group rather than all of the sites that actually do overly promote their stuff, yet ignore their fanbase or just have power (that they don't have) go to their heads. LRR is nothing of the sort. Not saying YGO:TAS is either, but when you compare them, YGO automatically gets the young kids that are fanatics of YuGiOh and who'll laugh at the word "poopdongle" just because they're kids, etc. But YGO also has that extra fanbase because it's so overly advertised.

..Again, that's why LRR is much more deserving of any prize in Mashable's list, because LRR actually has quality.
Hell, even if LRR doesn't win, it's more or less a glorified popularity contest. There's really nothing serious about it when you think about it. A lot of people totally undeserving are going to win awards. That's a fact.
Kroze
Filled With Regret

Postby Kroze » 12 Dec 2009, 08:28

Hileict wrote:..Again, that's why LRR is much more deserving of any prize in Mashable's list, because LRR actually has quality.
Hell, even if LRR doesn't win, it's more or less a glorified popularity contest. There's really nothing serious about it when you think about it. A lot of people totally undeserving are going to win awards. That's a fact.

Oh, I fully agree about the LRR deserves MUCH more credit then it is given... hence why I was just begging our fans (And continually have been) to also vote up Secret of the Sauce for best Video category in this whole thing.
And I also agree there are several upon several series more deserving of this.
Although, I think you really have the completely wrong impression of YGO:TAS standing on these here interwebs...
We have had no credibility or anything to stand on at all outside of fan support which as you may be full aware of, comes and goes depending on how long since the last episode and what group of fans enjoys the current episode more.
Wikipedia has been constantly fighting off an article about YGO:TAS due to having no apparent "credibility" yet there are several things that say otherwise.
Most people hear our series contains Yu-Gi-Oh and just completely turn away based on that fact, no caring to even give us a second look.
4Kids, despite supporting us under the table won't come out and recognize us or do anything to help when youtube randomly decides to ban us like they have done twice before.
LRR at least has the support of The Escapist, and being known for Desert Bus for Hope and their relation to various things for credibility.
Our main reason for pushing this so hard when we found out we were actually in the running is so this could gain us at least SOME ounce of credibility out there.

We don't have the support and fanbase you think we do, the ONLY reason we are currently flooding in votes right now and managing to keep up with that Ray dude is because my connections with Red Vs. Blue and Overclocked Remix and getting them to help pull for us after that dude tweeted that stuff... which apparently got all his followers to start flagging our videos once again putting us in danger of once again being banned from youtube.

I see the LRR crew as our bros here, otherwise I wouldn't have helped them out at all during the past three Desert Buses and offer to host the mp3s on our servers and what not (Speaking of, Graham if you are reading this, reminder to send me FTP infoz plz).
This was in no way done to hurt LRR and I seriously didn't mean to feel like I was trying to force you guys to all vote for us and abandon LRR. I would not wish that at all.

And finally, the reason I am not getting everyone to vote for LRR suddenly because its way too late in the game for that.. ShaneDawsonTV (Ick... not to fond of that guy or his videos...) is currently third with LRR forth and Smosh surprisingly trailing in last place (This caught me by surprise). Going by pure numbers and logic that the only one who currently has a remote chance of catching up to Ray is us... if there was still a chance for LRR, I wouldn't be saying any of this... but as it stands now not even ShaneDawsonTV will be able to catch up unless he somehow pulls a miracle out of his ass in these next 48 hours according to my current number count as of last night...

Not to mention that we wouldn't mind sharing the win with LRR at all... I know that if we somehow manage to actually pull this shit off that LRR is gonna be like the first thing to thank and share the win with (after our core fans of course since they were the ones who randomly dragged us into this without us even knowing till the finals had started. Heh, funny how that works eh?) and like I said, I see the LRR crew as interweb series bros! I wouldn't discount or discredit them at all...

Wait... LRR has youtube partnership status?!?!?
So that means...
BAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWFUCKBISCUITS!
ET TU LOADINGREADYRUN!??!
CardGamesFTW is the only one without it in the running.
x.x
Arius

Postby Arius » 12 Dec 2009, 08:57

I understand what you're trying to say. And I wish you the best.

But I'm voting for LRR because, regardless of their chances, they're who I want to win.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 12 Dec 2009, 09:10

Has anybody tried to motivate the rabid escapist forum members into voting for LRR?
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 12 Dec 2009, 09:34

Rabid Escapist forumers, vote and be merry~! I demand this in the name of all things LRR!

...Waitwaitwait.. Kroze. You're linked to RvB too? Dude, are you all over the internets!? I mean, I swear I do remember seeing your name around somewhere on the RvB/RT community, but how the frell (fricking hell) are you so unbelievably popular and everywhere? o.O
Kroze
Filled With Regret

Postby Kroze » 12 Dec 2009, 09:56

Hileict wrote:Rabid Escapist forumers, vote and be merry~! I demand this in the name of all things LRR!

...Waitwaitwait.. Kroze. You're linked to RvB too? Dude, are you all over the internets!? I mean, I swear I do remember seeing your name around somewhere on the RvB/RT community, but how the frell (fricking hell) are you so unbelievably popular and everywhere? o.O

Yeah, I have helped out the RT crew themselves on several things and I am also a moderator for their website...
Its not that I am popular, its that I am infamous! Slight difference.. ;P
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 12 Dec 2009, 10:43

"Don't worry, ma'am. WE'RE from the internet! We can do no wrong, for we are the internet celebrities!" Um.. Hurray? :O xD
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 12 Dec 2009, 11:20

Arius wrote:.

LoadingReadyRun is a mavericking maverick who mavericks with mavericks in order to maverick the non-mavericks and maverick those who maverick... Maverick.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 12 Dec 2009, 15:09

Cake wrote:
Arius wrote:.

LoadingReadyRun is a mavericking maverick who mavericks with mavericks in order to maverick the non-mavericks and maverick those who maverick... Maverick.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

You know, you can do the same thing with the name of a certain town in Newfoundland...
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 12 Dec 2009, 16:14

Kroze wrote:Like I said before, in doing this I've been trying to make sure at least someone who ISN'T A COMPLETE DOUCHE (This was a completely unprovoked thing that happened and the sad part is after he said those first things, people were trying to explain to him what is what and he was rude to them as well... including being rude to some of his own fans...) and seeing as how you can even plainly see it has come down to us and him just from the votes coming in.

...man, I think you are all taking those twitter updates too seriously. I just found them hilarious. He's obviously being facetious, as he said in the last...status...thing. I mean, I don't know why you would think he was being a douche. He's obviously some sort of funny in his videos, so chances are he's trying to be funny in his twitter update.

Also, Kroze, if you convince Matt to tell everyone to vote for YGO:TAS, then everyone will.

epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 12 Dec 2009, 17:03

Gordon Fearman wrote:...man, I think you are all taking those twitter updates too seriously. I just found them hilarious. He's obviously being facetious, as he said in the last...status...thing. I mean, I don't know why you would think he was being a douche. He's obviously some sort of funny in his videos, so chances are he's trying to be funny in his twitter update.

yep, gotta go with Fearman on this one, cause while Ray might be not be that funny, and comes across as tosh.0 with out a production budget (not that that really helps tosh), he does know that just a single member of LRR (in this case, Paul) alone is better than everyone in the youtube top 100.

Personally, I'm done with the whole bartering for votes thing. I'm only voting for my top choice in these kinds of things from now on, and for me, that's LRR. Still, good luck Kroze and don't take it too seriously.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site

Return to “General Discussion”