Venting Thread Beta

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
nonjabiru
First Video: A Stich in Time

Re: Venting Thread Beta

Postby nonjabiru » 15 May 2011, 16:08

@Lyinginbedmon Security guard at a condo. At first I thought it was caused by blowing my nose too hard when I had a head cold. I didn't think about it too much until it happened again a few months later for no reason. It's been about four times since I started, twice at work and twice at home after some shifts where I've had to work an extra shift because somebody didn't show up.

It's not like this is a run down building. It's a fairly nice place. But I am starting to look for a new job since I'm tired of working for a company that calls me once a week a few hours before I go to sleep asking me to fill in for somebody that doesn't show up.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 15 May 2011, 17:18

Let's see, the car still isn't working, the computer still isn't working, I can't find the tool I need to take apart and fix the computer anywhere in town and a conversation I had earlier today with my uncle involved him threatening to punch me in the face.

Good times.
ImageImageImageImage
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 15 May 2011, 17:35

This module is so fricking immense, vague and full of itself that I have no idea what is going to come up or whether I'll understand a word of it. Gah.

It is the last exam. Yay for that. But a larger boo because then I have to move out of my college room (which will be a huge undertaking on Tuesday), go to the dentist (argh) on Wednesday, and accept that I'm going to be wearing shorts for a month on Thursday. God, I hate wearing shorts. Edit: No, wait, according to Fayili shorts are not that necessary. This is good news. Then call airlines about luggage, check with the Embassy that I'm not gonna be accused of running away and working...blarg. All while doing the usual 'sure you're home why don't you do X' things around the house. Normally those things are fine but I need to stress about this whole America thing on my own for a bit, and I've been too busy stressing about exams up until now.

*Of course there are LOTS of things for me to be grateful for, but I am glossing over them because I'm tired and this is the Venting Thread.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 15 May 2011, 17:52

Wraith wrote:OH! Well then shoot, that's a far less complicated matter:

"Chicks, man..."

Sorry for the necro, but I just couldn't pass this up:

Okay, and time for a rant of my own:

The prime Pain-in-the-Butt coworker was on fry cook detail today. When he went to filter the oil, he found that the filter pan hadn't been set up properly the night before and the paper was loose, and thus the oil got clogged in the filter pan and wouldn't pump back into the fryer.

...of course he found this out by TRYING TO RUN A FULTER without checking the filter pan FIRST. :roll:

And then he bitches to me (who is up to his neck in party trays to prepare) that he and I are the only ones that do our jobs properly.

And I let him have it; I'd been working in the deli for three months when I WAS TRAINING HIM, and now we've BOTH been there for FIVE YEARS, and he KNOWS NO ONE ELSE will change that filter pan properly (on that, I do agree, but still), and YET, he doesn't take the time to CHECK FIRST and simply straighten the filter paper (the others just rush and throw the paper in and shove the retaining clamp on it in a hurry, not realizing that they're MOVING the paper while they push the clamp down)

Heck, I don't care if *I* cleaned the fryer the night before and am also on cooking that day - I STILL check it anyways!

This chuzzlewit is the same guy who keeps asking me how to turn on the hot case and set it to fill and etc. etc. EVERY DAMN SHIFT. He's even gone and let the thing overflow (after me showing him how to do it and how he has to go back and check the water level and turn off the fill pump when it reaches the right level) and when criticized by the supervisor that she "showed everyone how to do this" retorted that "nobody showed ME!" :shock: (must...restrain...fist of death™)

Back to the current episode; he ended up having to bale the dirty oil back into the vat, then wash out the filter pan and fix it PROPERLY, all the while complaining about his bonehead co-workers (can't imagine WHERE he picked THAT habit up from Image) and I realized...he's the ONLY cook that the filter jams up for - everyone else might do a crappy job setting up the filter pan the night before, but they ALSO take the effort to prepare the filter pan right before running a filter. He's the only sloppy person involved.

Seriously, I'm losing my patience with his utter inability to REMEMBER HOW TO DO HIS JOB; if something in the deli has gotten broken or screwed up, it's the first inclination to assume HE is responsible for it.

And in one respect, taking a week off for the step-daughter's graduation is good to get away from him...but I'm also leaving him unmonitored for a WEEK! :?

...whew; I had that building up for a while ;)
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 15 May 2011, 19:17

That day when I had to do a 150 mile round trip to work an 8 hour shift at a store that had no real need for me to be there?

Totally didn't get paid for it.

I KNEW it was going to happen, too.
Asked EVERYONE in authority for a copy of the alternate clock in slip I had to fill out.
"Oh, you don't need it."
Yeah I did.

Also, all our hours are being cut DESPITE our department increasing sales. And decreased sales are somehow the fault of the employees, NOT the 30% price hike over a three month period.

Morale? Is that the red thing with legs?
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 15 May 2011, 19:22

Mister Fiend wrote:That day when I had to do a 150 mile round trip to work an 8 hour shift at a store that had no real need for me to be there?

Asked EVERYONE in authority for a copy of the alternate clock in slip I had to fill out.
"Oh, you don't need it."
Yeah I did.

Lawsuit.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 15 May 2011, 19:25

the amativeness wrote:
Mister Fiend wrote:That day when I had to do a 150 mile round trip to work an 8 hour shift at a store that had no real need for me to be there?

"Oh, you don't need it."
Yeah I did.

Lawsuit.

Lawsuit HARDCORE.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 15 May 2011, 19:29

Totally didn't get paid for it. YET.

"Oh, you don't need it."
Yeah I did.

Also, all our hours are being cut DESPITE our department increasing sales. And decreased sales are somehow the fault of the employees, NOT the 30% price hike over a three month period.

Morale? Is that the red thing with legs?

Fix'd.
Mister Fiend

Postby Mister Fiend » 15 May 2011, 19:38

YET, but I don't trust them to not fuck it up somehow.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Spatial Coffee

Postby Spatial Coffee » 16 May 2011, 02:26

Getting punched in the face by a random passer-by for no apparent reason really made my day. Thanks.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 16 May 2011, 11:20

I dedicate a lot of time to you and your group and helping out when you couldn't. I enjoyed it, it was wonderful. But that does NOT mean you get to dictate where my time goes until OCTOBER(!?)without even talking to me. Nah-uh. You know I'm booked until August and you volunteer my time for 4 events in July? Does no one listen when I talk anymore? I mean I sent you 3 emails saying no... did you jsut gloss over my responses?
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 16 May 2011, 15:29

empath wrote:And in one respect, taking a week off for the step-daughter's graduation is good to get away from him...but I'm also leaving him unmonitored for a WEEK! :?

...whew; I had that building up for a while ;)

Could be a good thing, and he shows he can step up to the job when needed. Or could be a good thing, the week becomes a total disaster and the guy is fired.
Or could be a total disaster and YOU get blamed for it :?
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 16 May 2011, 16:00

THANKS FOR SHOWING UP WITH MY NEW FREEZER JUST AS I'M LEAVING WORK AND DROPPING IT OFF AT THE WRONG SPOT SO I HAVE TO TEAR THE WHOLE THING APART TO GET IT UPSTAIRS, DIPSHIT!
empath

Postby empath » 16 May 2011, 20:11

Again today...numbnuts kept harping about how 'the other guy' screwed HIM over.

...it took all my self-restraint to not grab him by the lapels and shake his head like a magic 8-ball while screaming "YOU DID IT TO YOURSELF! It's not THEIR fault they're doing it wrong; it's yours for assuming they - to break a pattern of YEARS of shoddy work - did it RIGHT this time!"

Anyways, in other news - this is an old macro, but it STILL applies:

Motherfuckingbrokenrecordbentnailbiasedasadiagonalfoldtroll...
nonjabiru
First Video: A Stich in Time

Postby nonjabiru » 16 May 2011, 20:16

Thanks work! Forty minutes before my shift is over you call to see if I can help out and work at a different building for six hours. I'm already tired, and I want nothing more than this night to be over so I can sleep. Unless you are willing to pay me to sleep at some other site for six hours, I'm your ma
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 17 May 2011, 04:59

Voice activated menus. They are impossible to use if you have a bad line such as when you are calling from overseas.

Also how much my mobile provider charges for international calls.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 18 May 2011, 12:15

My Ford Focus doesn't want to drive for more than four miles before overheating and threatening to explode.

I had to stop in a church parking lot for fifteen minutes to let the engine cool off so I could finish the five minute drive back home from the local Gamestop. Granted, I had brought snacks just in case this happened, so it wasn't all bad, but it means that the car is pretty much useless unless I can figure out what, exactly, is wrong with it.
ImageImageImageImage
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 May 2011, 12:18

In order to be properly compensated for not having been academically supported for my Asperger's for two years, I have to provide evidence that I wasn't academically supported for my Asperger's for two years.

University is founded upon idiots it seems.

Okay, I'll grant that most of the information I need was already online, I just wasn't ever told about it and due to my aberrant mentality never pursued it. But I never had meetings with my tutors to discuss goings-on, I never had meetings with student support to make sure I knew what I had to get done and manage my time, I had zero exam support like extra time, blue-coloured papers, and computer usage, and no additional consideration for extensions on assignments.

Now, how do I prove I didn't have all that?

LOOK AT YOUR FUCKING RECORDS YOU HACKS
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 18 May 2011, 12:40

Van, I hate to ask stupid questions, but have you checked your coolant and oil levels? Did you check what that 'broken hose' indicator means in the manual?
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 18 May 2011, 12:42

Yes and yes. It's starting to look like the engine is overheating in spite of their being fluids in the overflow tank, almost like the water just isn't traveling through the hose like it's suppose to.
ImageImageImageImage
empath

Postby empath » 18 May 2011, 13:40

Vanguard wrote:Yes and yes. It's starting to look like the engine is overheating in spite of their being fluids in the overflow tank, almost like the water just isn't traveling through the hose like it's suppose to.

This can KILL YOUR CAR.

The symptoms (overheating despite plenty of coolant and no apparent leaks in the system) happened to me back in March with my Windstar; after doing what I could (since taking it into a shop for even an inspection would cost money - 'warranty' on a second-hand, ten-year-old minivan? :lol: ) for a week or two, I drove the thing to the point that I *cooked* the engine in crippling its cooling system - it wouldn't run more than five minutes.

If you have any sort of warranty servicing or similar program USE IT; even spending the cash to investigate and fix the problem will be cheaper than junking your Focus and buying another car.

Tangential question - have you had any problems with the exhaust system? Breaks in manifold, recently replaced pipe or the muffler or suchlike, etc.? Turned out mine was a 'patch' over a cracked pipe that shifted and blocked off most of the exhaust, putting more strain on the engine...

In other news, I popped out for last-minute pickup of pocket cash for the trip tomorrow morning, and the back had a whole line of cockbites parked in the firelane in front of the door.

What caught my attention was the last guy who pulled up right in front of the 'no parking' sign; musta still been in high school, but driving a shiny white diesel pickup - HUGE thing you'd probably see towing a boat...like the damn Queen Mary. :P

So I'm thinking "What the FUCK does he need an industrial grade heavy hauling vehicle for? Is the weight of the homework in school getting that bad again? CHRIST, that damn thing's bigger than my first apartment!"

Apart from that, all the preparations are going quite well for the trip...unsettlingly well. I keep wondering what I'm forgetting. :roll:
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 18 May 2011, 16:28

Yep, Van, take it to a mechanic, or else your car will asplode.
Mister Fiend

Postby Mister Fiend » 18 May 2011, 16:41

since when has "being a slut" been something teenage girls aspire to?
Show some class, girl.

TACOS!
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 20 May 2011, 13:02

So, Arius moved in with me. We're really happy together, and I think this arrangement suits our relationship.

However, I made the mistake of telling my Dad that my boyfriend is living with me. Why is this a problem? Dad is very Catholic (when he wants to be) and living together before marriage is the top of his list of sins.

I am pissed that living with the man I love, especially since we never plan to marry, means I will no longer be eligible to borrow family money or ask for help. (emergencies etc.) I feel terrible, as the sentiment is very shallow, but I'm also pissed me off. Yes, if I don't obey Dad's rules he doesn't have to give me money etc, but I'm also his only child. And I don't speak to my mother or her family anymore. Ugh.

Oh, no offense to anyone who is Catholic, etc.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Phenonemis
First Video: Impersonal Information

Postby Phenonemis » 20 May 2011, 13:14

^ I don't think that's how most Catholics think. I'm a Catholic myself, as is the rest of my family, and they really wouldn't care about this. Feel sorry for you on that though.
When all there is are shades of grey, I arrive to turn the world red

Return to “General Discussion”