The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
User avatar
empath
Posts: 13531
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 17:20
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: back in the arse end of nowhere

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby empath » 24 Oct 2010, 14:31

One went bald, and the other didn't; that's all you need to know.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Danzama
Posts: 2891
Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 13:05
First Video: Wireless
Location: Exeter, England

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Danzama » 24 Oct 2010, 14:33

you have two heads?
Image
User avatar
empath
Posts: 13531
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 17:20
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: back in the arse end of nowhere

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby empath » 24 Oct 2010, 14:35

See the last post of the previous page...
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Danzama
Posts: 2891
Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 13:05
First Video: Wireless
Location: Exeter, England

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Danzama » 24 Oct 2010, 14:37

i thought you were talking about balls
Image
User avatar
Ringo803
Posts: 595
Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 20:52
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Location: Satellite of Love, Somewhere over Lexington, South Carolina

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Ringo803 » 24 Oct 2010, 14:39

empath wrote:One went bald, and the other didn't; that's all you need to know.


I think their both bald now, actually. But yeah, thats pretty much the only real difference...
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war...and other things that are not war.

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Master Gunner » 24 Oct 2010, 17:58

I look at porn these days mostly out of habit and to keep up my reputation (at least around here) of the guy with all that weird porn. I've dulled myself to so much of it that less and less can actually get me off, even when I try.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity
Posts: 5983
Joined: 28 Jan 2008, 19:22
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby King Kool » 24 Oct 2010, 20:28

Did you see that Aqua Teen where Carl is watching porn and he says, "I'm so desensitized, it's gotta be completely bananas to get me off."

I love the use of the word 'bananas' as an adjective.
Image
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
User avatar
Zombaholic
Posts: 979
Joined: 27 Oct 2007, 14:42
First Video: Bioshocked
Location: Vancouver BC

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Zombaholic » 24 Oct 2010, 20:43

Maybe Master Gunner should look into porn involving bananas?
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
User avatar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity
Posts: 5983
Joined: 28 Jan 2008, 19:22
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby King Kool » 24 Oct 2010, 20:44

Oh, like that's even all that odd. If MG doesn't have a folder of "Fruits/Vegetables/Uncooked Pasta," it means it's not weird enough for him to BOTHER.
Image
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
User avatar
Ringo803
Posts: 595
Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 20:52
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Location: Satellite of Love, Somewhere over Lexington, South Carolina

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Ringo803 » 24 Oct 2010, 20:57

King Kool wrote:Did you see that Aqua Teen where Carl is watching porn and he says, "I'm so desensitized, it's gotta be completely bananas to get me off."

I love the use of the word 'bananas' as an adjective.


How about Hand Banana?
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war...and other things that are not war.

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.
User avatar
iamafish
Posts: 4804
Joined: 22 Feb 2009, 10:28
First Video: Crime and Punishment
Location: Oxford/Worcestershire, England
Contact:

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby iamafish » 25 Oct 2010, 02:09

Back on topic

I really really want to be a professional writer some day, but the prospect of actually sitting down and writing scares the shit out of me. I enjoy it once I start, but sitting down with nothing but a heap of ideas and a blank screen fills me with dread.

I spend far too much time conceptualising ideas, theorising about how to write and running through scenes in my head and nowhere near enough time actually writing because I use all of the above as excuses to avoid writing when I have the free time to do it.

Far too rarely do I sit down and just write. If I do it's often in order to produce a blog by my self imposed deadline. In these cases I tend only to write very short storied despite wanting to write much longer works in the long run. I just find the idea of such a long road far too intimidating to actually start along it.

Despite all these hang up I still really want to be a writer. I have all these ideas floating around in my head and all I'm doing is writing out detailed plans rather than actually getting my head down and writing. It's not like I don't have time, I just procrastinate away the time I do have rather that doing something productive. In fact half the reason I'm writing this damn confession is because It takes time out of a 40 minute chunk of free time I have in which I could easily wrap up the second part of a short story I'm writing at the moment. You have no idea how many games of fucking solitaire I've played when I could have been writing.

So I guess what I'm asking for is a little advice as well as comfort. Anyone know any good ways of motivating yourself to write over a long term basis (and no I am not doing NaNoWriMo because I like to set attainable goals). I guess I could decide to try to set aside an hour or so a day in which I write without distractions. In fact I'm gonna do that as of tomorrow. Anyone else got any ideas?
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
JustAName
Posts: 7669
Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 21:08
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby JustAName » 25 Oct 2010, 07:34

Even if you're not going to do NaNo, look up the vlogbrothers video on YouTube; that's one good motivator. Another is Ze Frank's video about brain crack (not on YouTube, but easy to find). If all else fails, find a friend and start telling them about your story, start taking notes on their input, rearrange and elaborate on those notes, and just keep going until you have something. Seems to work for my friends, and if you don't have anyone else, I'll be your sounding board - I certainly have enough practice.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.


And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Image
User avatar
iamafish
Posts: 4804
Joined: 22 Feb 2009, 10:28
First Video: Crime and Punishment
Location: Oxford/Worcestershire, England
Contact:

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby iamafish » 25 Oct 2010, 23:00

it's not the ideas i struggle with, it's the actual getting down to putting them into prose that I struggle to get going with.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
JustAName
Posts: 7669
Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 21:08
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby JustAName » 26 Oct 2010, 02:01

Exactly. So this gives you motivation to write the notes, which you refine because you know some things need to be fixed, and then you keep fixing it until it's right.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.


And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Image
User avatar
iamafish
Posts: 4804
Joined: 22 Feb 2009, 10:28
First Video: Crime and Punishment
Location: Oxford/Worcestershire, England
Contact:

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby iamafish » 26 Oct 2010, 02:13

I already do that. I have fairly detailed notes of several novels that I want to write. It's motivating myself to actually write them that I need to work on
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
User avatar
Maerarde
Posts: 328
Joined: 13 Sep 2010, 06:13
First Video: An ENN episode, forgot which
Location: A very dark room, New Zealand

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Maerarde » 26 Oct 2010, 03:00

I haven't been going on icanhascheezburger.com as much as I would like to :O
My Little Pony <3

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: Well a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

www.1227.com = best
User avatar
gcninja
Posts: 4698
Joined: 13 Dec 2008, 11:57
Location: Grand Canyon, AZ

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby gcninja » 26 Oct 2010, 03:20

After talking to some people, I confessed that although it is my birthday and all, it only signals I'm closer to death and secretly I want to live forever. In front of people I keep a cool, funny personality, but really am a pessimistic person
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Image
Buksvager!
User avatar
Lyinginbedmon
Posts: 10808
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 18:08
First Video: BioShocked
Location: Darlington, Co. Durham
Contact:

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 26 Oct 2010, 05:06

I don't want to die first (Because Mimm would see me die) but I also don't want to see Mimm die. It's a very annoying infinite loop, so I intend to live forever.

Quite how I'm not entirely sure, but the day I stop working will not be the day I die.
Image
Image
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
User avatar
allison
Posts: 391
Joined: 02 Jul 2008, 19:19
Location: Victoria
Contact:

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby allison » 26 Oct 2010, 08:00

confession:
sometimes, i feel like i'm on a five star cruise just wanting to jump off the boat and swim with the dolphins. (cruise ship= my awesome, stable, boyfriend)
Image
Image
User avatar
Gordon Fearman
Posts: 4684
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 22:15
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Gordon Fearman » 26 Oct 2010, 09:45

So you want to jump off of your boyfriend and swim with the dolphins?
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

Image
Image
(PM me if this pic is too big.)
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Oct 2010, 09:51

Aren't dolphins supposed to be gang-rapists and serial killers?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
theDreamer
Posts: 5978
Joined: 20 May 2008, 17:51
First Video: Quantum Documentary
Location: 5th Level of Hell

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby theDreamer » 26 Oct 2010, 10:56

"It's like being tossed in with a bunch of skinheads"
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
User avatar
Danzama
Posts: 2891
Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 13:05
First Video: Wireless
Location: Exeter, England

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby Danzama » 26 Oct 2010, 14:45

I don't like confessing, it makes me feel weak. why should i need help? I can sort myself out.
Image
User avatar
iamafish
Posts: 4804
Joined: 22 Feb 2009, 10:28
First Video: Crime and Punishment
Location: Oxford/Worcestershire, England
Contact:

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby iamafish » 26 Oct 2010, 15:07

allison wrote:confession:
sometimes, i feel like i'm on a five star cruise just wanting to jump off the boat and swim with the dolphins. (cruise ship= my awesome, stable, boyfriend)


Same. sometimes I think; 'I'm 18, do I really want to be in a stable, long term relationship with my first ever girlfriend? Or do I want to do all the stupid stuff that 18 year olds do, like get drunk and sleep with random women and use cheesy pickup lines for a one night stand?'

Then I remember that all the people sleeping around and using cheesy pickup lines are probably doing all that stuff so that they can find the girl of their dreams and settle down into a long term relationship, whereas I've already got that, so why the fuck am I considering giving it up?
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
User avatar
theDreamer
Posts: 5978
Joined: 20 May 2008, 17:51
First Video: Quantum Documentary
Location: 5th Level of Hell

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby theDreamer » 26 Oct 2010, 16:44

iamafish wrote:
allison wrote:confession:
sometimes, i feel like i'm on a five star cruise just wanting to jump off the boat and swim with the dolphins. (cruise ship= my awesome, stable, boyfriend)


Same. sometimes I think; 'I'm 18, do I really want to be in a stable, long term relationship with my first ever girlfriend? Or do I want to do all the stupid stuff that 18 year olds do, like get drunk and sleep with random women and use cheesy pickup lines for a one night stand?'

Then I remember that all the people sleeping around and using cheesy pickup lines are probably doing all that stuff so that they can find the girl of their dreams and settle down into a long term relationship, whereas I've already got that, so why the fuck am I considering giving it up?


Sometimes, the fact that I have no doubts makes me feel odd...
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.

Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests