Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Ahlir
First Video: Unskippable

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby Ahlir » 03 Nov 2011, 01:12

My next door neighbours dogs have been barking since midday today (it's 7.10pm now). It's beginning to piss off the people on the other side of me and they are yelling across my yard at them. Fun times.
* Disclaimer: The person writing this has no idea what she is talking about.*

Image ImageImage
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 03 Nov 2011, 02:27

*bangs head on desk*

I JUST DO NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THE EFFECTS OF TRADE ON LIFE IN THE ARCHAIC CITY-STATE.

argh
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 03 Nov 2011, 08:55

Now that the 2011 TF2 Halloween update has come out everyone is too busy trying to kill Monoculus or get 'chieves and presents to play on my regular servers!

I just want to backstab some people on KOTH Sawmill, is that too much to ask?!
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 03 Nov 2011, 11:28

I have a small white spot on my screen about the size of a period, right in the middle of these forums. I'm constantly thinking people are spoilering text and leaving the period visible, and all of this useless highlighting is getting REALLY ANNOYING.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 03 Nov 2011, 12:10

ctrl+a
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 03 Nov 2011, 14:52

Forget 'da po-lice',

FUCK DA BANKS!!!

I got paid today...supposedly, and when I got to work a little early (0845h NDT, roughly), I decided to go to the ATM and pay my bills before my shift started.

...the machine spat my card back and gave me the 'contact a branch for assistance'. :|

Which concerned me, because I've got a credit card company taking automatic payment tomorrow morning, and if anything's happened that might cause my account to be frozen or shit, that payment bounces and my credit rating takes a hit.

Well, after struggling with a rather busy day (combined with that unresolved anxiety about the bank account), I checked back at the ATM at 5pm, since the bank would be closed - just fine and and the balance shows my biweekly pay has been deposited and cleared.

After checking the transactions that led up to this, I found that $15 or so was deducted for insurance that I didn't realize I had put me BARELY into overdraft and locked things up until my paycheque got deposited. The insurance is provided by my bank, and after checking more closely, I think I signed up for a trial period, and apparently I forgot to cancel it. Still kinda annoys me of the money that I threw into something I would never use (can't make a claim on something you don't know you have) could have been chipping away at my debt and making my financial status just a smidgen less grim.

I'll be cancelling that shit first thing tomorrow...er, well first thing once all you Mainlanders wake up. :P
Ahlir

Postby Ahlir » 03 Nov 2011, 17:25

My knee hurts. I still don't understand how almost falling down a stair and landing funny on a leg can cause such long term damage. Especially since the X-ray and MRI scan only showed slight muscle damage. But there you go, over six months later and I still get pains. :(

Edit: Just realised that the leg pain could also stem from the fact I twisted my ankle slightly yesterday. The problem is, whenever I hurt myself there it s moment of pain, then it fade quite quickly and I forget about it and then (if its bad enough) it starts hurting a day or so after. So now my rant is about pain and my stupid body being weird.

Image ImageImage
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 04 Nov 2011, 02:31

Ok, let's see if anyone else can follow this incredibly basic math equation.

We start with $200.
He lends me $50.
I re-pay the $50.
I keep the $70 hard-drive.
When he throws a temper tantrum when i ask him to return the wrong product he breaks the motherboard and gives me back $75.
So, $200 - 70 = 130. Still following me?
That means that i should have $130, so why do i only have $75?
Anyone?
That's right! because he still owes me $55.
So why does that result in another temper tantrum and screaming of "I DON'T OWE YOU SHIT! GET FUCKED, DON'T EVER ASK ME FOR ANYTHING AGAIN!"

It's a good thing i still need to live here, or he'd be on the way to hospital by now. Fuck people make me sick.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Postby EnglishMQ » 04 Nov 2011, 08:39

Well, HSBC decides to have a nation wide computer server failure, so as of this moment my Legoland drivers license is a more valuable card than the ones HSBC gave me.

As of this moment I only have £7.25 and a £10 book voucher. Nothing else, till whenever the problem is solved. Not too bad, I just really wanted a McDonalds tonight AND alcohol tonight.
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 06 Nov 2011, 16:11

Daddy hypocrite here ranted about this in the old thread but bugger me is the AskLRR fluff irritating. Just think people, that time your wasting skriking about how the thread is never open is time you could be spending asking questions.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 07 Nov 2011, 03:21

Two separate vents in the one thread.

One, to my acquaintance who likes to make comments about how she has a "real job"... Seriously, do you think I do this just for kicks? She's given three different explanations for how her job is "real" compared to mine, and frankly, I don't think any of them hold up. Because I'm free in the middle of the day? That's probably because I worked the night or something fun. Because it's "basically babysitting"? I'm not even touching that. Because I work crazy, varying hours? Them's the breaks, I'm not saying my job is better or anything, but seriously, just stop saying that it's not "real".

Also, to a coworker: no, you don't have the right to know any client's STI status, not even if you use the same bathroom. It's none of your business. Seriously.
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 07 Nov 2011, 04:59

My homestay's boiler died yesterday, so no heating or hot water until it's fixed. Despite the repairman's promise to come in this morning, he never showed up. On top of that, the wireless internet went down, and it's such an obscure router that no computer in the house can connect with it via direct plug in, and of course the CD for it was lost long ago. There are two other routers in the house, but the power cords to them are also lost to the sands of time. Now, her son lives right next door, so I should be able to use his shower, but if this internet is not back up by desert bus, I will be most unhappy.
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 07 Nov 2011, 19:28

Hayfever sucks. Everyone knows that.
Going shopping, then getting hayfever for an hour and half with nothing to blow my nose FUCKING sucks.

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 08 Nov 2011, 04:24

You have my sympathies and regretful camaraderie - yesterday morning I got up and took the garbage out. I had on a nice warm jacket, and was only out there for maybe five minutes, but after returning, I sneezed and apparently triggered an 'overflow valve' in my nose...non-stop running like a faucet for a couple of hours (which gets to be REALLY yucky if you have a mustache and aren't careful).

Even now, I'm still kinda bunged up. :( Hope yours clears soon!

I.O.N.:

Why don't I remember my dreams?

I mean, this morning I was awake at maybe 5am (alarm set for 7) and I dozed on and off until then. I remember that I was dreaming, and the when the alarm went off, it took maybe two or three minutes 'in the dream' for me to get to stop whatever I was doing and reach over and turn it off, and that it seemed that the alarm showed up in my dream immediately - no metaphoric appearance like a phone ringing or an air-raid siren. But after about a minute of 'clewing up loose ends' in the dream, I rolled over and saw that it was maybe ten minutes after the alarm was set, so perhaps the alarm had been ringing for a while before it even was detectable in my dream?

ANYWAYS, my point is this: I can tell you all the above about what happened to me inside my mind this morning, but I still can't tell you what the dream was about. I remembered it lucidly after waking, but somewhere between the shower and here, it melted through my fingers like the first snowflakes of the autumn.

Why do I do that?
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 08 Nov 2011, 08:58

"Yeah, until we can get some new people, you're pretty much screwed for openers now." Da Boss Lady
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 08 Nov 2011, 15:28

Just so fucking tired and I gotta keep working... also looking for a new place in New York sucks.

Gotta learn to love Craigslist...
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 08 Nov 2011, 22:05

My university is in the middle of a storm of controversy, and the media has made it so that the wrong people are getting the brunt of the blame and shaming. I'll elaborate more later, but I am exhausted from this crap.
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 08 Nov 2011, 23:04

I cooked honey nut chicken tonight.
So many stuff ups in shopping, but most are work aroundable... The two that really drive me crazy though, is that my grandmother got salted cashews instead of un-salted. And chicken thighs instead of breasts. For those that don't know why the chicken is a problem, chicken thighs don't really get cut. You can try with your sharpest knife like i did, but chances are it's still just going to tear.

And after spending an hour in the kitchen that was about 35 degrees comes the remark "Oh, that doesn't look like much..."

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 08 Nov 2011, 23:07

Last edited by Metcarfre on 08 Nov 2011, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 08 Nov 2011, 23:14

Being depressed makes it very hard to self-motivate. As such, working out is a very rare thing for me these days. So, of course, when I do find the time , energy and drive to have a workout... my uncle drops by to pick something up. I was downstairs with music on and didn't hear him knocking, so was apologetic and explainy when I opened the door and mentioned that I had been working out. He asked me why.
That actually made me stop for a second. A few answers ran through my head... like, "Because with one exception everyone on my mother's side of the family (including you) is unhealthily overweight." Or perhaps "Because my self image is very low, so if I can start to look noticeably better my mood and outlook on life will improve as well." Maybe "Because I want to be able to run and play and have fun with my nephews instead of feeling rundown and drained the instant I get out of bed." Or possibly even "Why would you be so stupid as to ask why a person would want to improve themselves?"
Ugh. I actually get along with him pretty well, but right then...
ImageImage
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 09 Nov 2011, 06:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQoXzJRE ... ture=feedu

Welcome to melbourne... Yes it's still about 25-28degrees, no you can't take the dog for a walk.

GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 09 Nov 2011, 09:58

I used to be pretty good friends with some of you LRR forum folk
Why am I feeling being so infrequent has made that... less true?
Just a feeling, eh?
Ooorrr...
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
WBAGNR
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby WBAGNR » 09 Nov 2011, 17:00

Ugh, seriously woman, stop being such a ridiculous arse!

I know, you finding out that he may have gotten hideously drunk and gone home with some girl is not nice, and yes, this is the second time he has been unfaithful, so I can kind of see where you're coming from, but you just straight up insult him to his face(book), and he, being the guy that he is, just reacts diplomatically and agrees.

I cannot believe just saying "...and stop being such a jerk" in a conversation is in anyway constructive, no matter how you feel. It's clear you are trying to make him feel bad to have revenge because you feel bad, but guilt tripping him will not solve anything. If he had more balls then he might have called you out on it whilst you were together, but because he was scared of it ending, he didn't say anything.

And now I've waded in and spoken my mind on the matter and made things worse for me and you, but possibly for him, so that's good I guess. Obviously i don't know how you feel, but from what I saw, you were being totally intolerant and reluctant to compromise. The lad clearly feels remorse for what he's done, and while that doesn't excuse his actions, you could at least cut him some slack and just let things rest, instead of posting leading remarks where it's clear what you mean without having the guts to say it.

And now you want a shoulder to cry on because I've upset you...ugh. Women.
iamafish wrote:copping a feel is just the gentlemanly thing to do

My travel blog
Ahlir

Postby Ahlir » 09 Nov 2011, 18:18

God damn Goon Show... Distracting me from study.

Image ImageImage
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 09 Nov 2011, 18:32

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.

Return to “General Discussion”