So I had this dream...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

So I had this dream...

Postby ElFuzzy » 23 Apr 2013, 06:52

Welp, I had another dream involving the LRR crew. At time of writing I am no more than 5 minutes out of this dream so hopefully I can remember most of it.

It started with me Graham greeting me as I arrived in town. I asked if the Moonbase was far but he answered oddly. Mentioning something about it not being very far but you have to go this way, then that, then turn right and finally said don't worry about it we'll go later. We then headed into town where I was shown around various places one of which was a giant ship in the middle of a park. From the top of this ship tourists could pay to use a super soaker to fire randomly into the park. I never went up there but I did get hit by it once which was highly annoying. After which I was shown to a lighthouse just in front of the ship where Kathleen and Tally were trying to refine a video idea. It was something along the lines of an archeologist stumbling upon an ancient matchstick shop that was perpetually open through some fluke. They were also toying with the idea of it selling matches of various sizes ranging from small to ridiculously huge. Graham, Kathleen, Tally, and I all went into the lighthouse whilst Kathleen and Tally giddily talked amongst themselves about logistics for the set needed. Once we got to the top we met someone I've never seen who LRR seemed to know. He started talking about what the set would need and I wandered off. Somehow I got completely separated and lost in town. I stumbled into a race that was happening where seemingly anyone could compete using anything. Runners, skateboarders, cyclists, and even people on scooters whizzed by and hit the various jumps laid out. After a brief pause for thought about whether or not I could use my hoodie to fly and give me an edge, I settled on skateboarding. Side note; I have never skateboarded in real life. After the first jump the race turned into a psychoticly huge hill and I paniced somewhat. After a few perilous minutes of hoping I didn't crash and die I made it to a stoplight. I took the brief respite to make my way down an ally away from the race. I ended back where I started the whole dream and ran into a friend from school, who pointed out Graham wandering around the crowd. I talked to Graham who said they'd all been looking for me and that we'd go meet at the moonbase. The place where I started turned out to be a train stop, in only but name. There was nothing besides a track in which a train shortly pulled up. We all went down the hill to the track when the train started to pull away before anyone got on. Everyone was confused and annoyed but it turned out one the the engine cars was being released and it turned and drove up the hill past us. The train reconnected itself and we started to board. Graham said to hold on tight to my backpack, keep low, and stay on the right side. I found out that there were no passenger cars to sit in, only those flat, cargo pallet cars. Everyone there held onto the side of the car, not even sitting on it. They suspended their luggage below them and everyone was on the right side. I did what everyone else seemed to do and hoped this wouldn't kill me. Promptly a drunk black man came over the PA system and announced our departure. It then became apparent that the PA was stuck on as he began murmuring about pizza and women. Graham seemed unfazed by it all, if anything was just paying attention for obstacles to dodge. So I figured I was safe as long as I stayed lower than him. As we rode we passed a t.v. in a shop that had a vid from the Escapist on. It's then that my dream forgot about everything else and just watched the t.v. screen. The video was about how they did a special effect in a scene from Man of Steele where superman got smashed through a stereotypical red phone booth. Someone started to explain that they had the whole scene done and sent to the director, but the scene they sent was of Superman kicking a corgi through said phone booth. This didn't make any sense to me so the video changed to the back end of a Jimquisition. He was promoting his new poetry series with Yahtzee, he then started promoting another series that was apparently already a regular thing. It was some other music based video (maybe a crossover with Miracle of Sound?), so Jim pulled out a comically large circular portion of a banjo... and started playing the banjo whilst his little cartoon legs flailed about with a mind of their own. Then the whole video was vacuum sealed like a toy product and I woke up
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: So I had this dream...

Postby Geoff_B » 23 Apr 2013, 07:27

I think that means you watch too many videos :P
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 23 Apr 2013, 11:20

Interesting thing; your brain is really bad at making up faces, so if a face is prominent during a dream, then it must be something you've seen in real life at some point. A friend of mine once had a very realistic dream in which he was married to Rachel McAdams, who he'd only ever seen in one film two years beforehand. Therefore, if you think hard enough (and are able to remember), then you should be able to place that face 'you've never been before'
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 23 Apr 2013, 11:38

Interesting observation about only seeing faces of people you know. I think this is why in our dreams of the future, there are 'fuzzy' beings. For example, I have dreams involving a husband-figure, I can sense his presence, and feel his touch... but I can never see his face. Dreams are amazingly interesting to me because of things like this... to analyze what our subconscious can see/do/know. Makes me wish I would have studied neurology sometimes. :)
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 23 Apr 2013, 11:53

Neurology wouldn't tell you; it would merely tell you about lots of other things that nobody knows :)
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 23 Apr 2013, 14:04

i considered that i probably saw that guy somewhere at sometime and have always enjoyed stuff like that. My main problem with my mind is that it doesn't fuck around. I've had a lucid dream before and could do nothing with it.

Return to “General Discussion”