#YesAllWomen

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: #YesAllWomen

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Jun 2014, 15:26

Nope. He was and so are your friends.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 01 Jun 2014, 16:05

Physically making someone go away from you is saying "get away from me".
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Jun 2014, 16:18

Consent is opt-in, not opt out. If you haven't explicitly given your consent, then that should be the end of it.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 01 Jun 2014, 18:51

I don't think so, the default should be to respect your personal space. Although if there was alcohol involved the guy might not be in the right state of mind, doesn't excuse the behaviour, but something to consider.
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 01 Jun 2014, 19:15

This thread makes me so proud of some of my favorite men on this planet. *hugs for everyone*
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 01 Jun 2014, 19:29

You're definitely not at fault. You didn't give him permission at all. You walked away, you tried to keep yourself to yourself and he just presumed he could touch you.

Alcohol is no excuse ever. I have been blind drunk after having many different drinks and have NEVER disrespected a woman like that.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 02 Jun 2014, 01:33

Alcohol is no excuse. I have always been respectful to everything even when blind drunk.

(If you don't like people referring to vomiting, don't expand)

The only time I got horrifically drunk, I went down to the pub toilets because I felt ill. After being sick in the sink I realised I was best going to the toilet (I did clean the sick down the basin before moving). I realised if I lay my head on the side of the seat, I could be head heavy and still vomit into a safe place.

After a time, the owners of the pub wanted to kick me out, and I refused because I didn't want to risk throwing up on their floor

-
edit Forgot to add: When I was being carried home by two of my mates. I hit one of them when ever he made inappropriate sounds when we were walking along the street.

If I can keep a level head even when trashed, why the hell can't anyone else? Alcohol isn't an excuse to be a twat towards someone else. Alcohol inhibits thinking. But it doesn't inhibit your nature.
-
I've been frisky towards a person before, but he didn't reject what I was doing. I was fishing to find out if he was interested and there was no signs of "no", only yeses. I mean, I put my arm around him affectionately and he started sucking my thumb. -.^ Turned out he didn't feel the same after all. Ok, that's sidetracking.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 02 Jun 2014, 07:49

plummeting_sloth wrote:I just wanted to say a friend of mine forwarded me what you wrote for MFA, Met, and I didn't put it together that perhaps people with the same handle might in fact be the same. So now I've got to read it twice... with any luck I'll someone discover it a third time. Well done!

Hey, cool man, I'm glad it's getting around a little bit. On of my fellow mods linked as a "Comment of the Week" in the sidebar. Of course now I'm getting the backlash side of it, most of it not worth my time though.
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 02 Jun 2014, 09:03

Maybe my third time will be some PUA idiot linking it and go "Can you believe this Beta male?" :P
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 02 Jun 2014, 10:33

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:If I can keep a level head even when trashed, why the hell can't anyone else? Alcohol isn't an excuse to be a twat towards someone else. Alcohol inhibits thinking. But it doesn't inhibit your nature.

Whilst I broadly speaking agree with you on this one, I personally really dislike the 'I can do X so why can't you?' line of arguing. People vary widely, it's one of our greatest qualities, and mostly in ways we don't consider. And plus, it's always come across as a rather whiny arguing technique to me.

IDK, just an opinion.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 02 Jun 2014, 10:46

It doesn't matter how much I drink, a part of my mind stays stone cold sober, so while I can act out a bit, there is a clear line that I will not cross.

I've seen my fair share of people being drunk, and some do seem to find it more difficult to control themselves, but that's because that's how alcohol effects them. You get people who get happy when they drunk, some who get angry, and some who get sad. We don't all react the same, because we're not identical beings, even though we're human.

I agree with what has been mentioned before though, Duckay. The guy should of ASKED before touching you in the first place, or at least inquired as to if you were interested when you pushed him away, at the very LEAST. It seems like a pretty major hint that you don't want him near if you physically put space between the two of you.
Hurp-De-Durp!
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 02 Jun 2014, 16:07

"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 02 Jun 2014, 17:57

I could understand a certain amount of "well, he was drinking, so we can cut him a little slack", but in my opinion, that doesn't forgive a) going for such an inappropriate touch as opposed to something more measured, b) not asking for / receiving consent, and c) trying it again after I pushed him away the first time. It mitigates it a bit, or would be reason to forgive a more mild version of events, but I still feel he was in the wrong. (Note, this is my perspective on events after I've calmed down and thought about it a bit.)
ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 02 Jun 2014, 20:36

Definitely, drinking is no excuse, just a factor to be accounted for. Sorry if it seemed I was defending the person harassing you Duckay.
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 03 Jun 2014, 05:25

Agreed, it might explain it in part, but it doesn't excuse it, not by a long shot.
Hurp-De-Durp!

Return to “General Discussion”