"Pokeworld"

Is there something you want to see? Give us suggestions here.
Teb101
First Video: Desert Bus IV

"Pokeworld"

Postby Teb101 » 14 Jul 2012, 13:08

This is kinda based around the idea that, as cool as living in the pokemon world is, the people in it are frankly terrifying under closer inspection.

It sees Steve (who I see being portrayed by Paul) thrown into such a world after the warnings of his long suffering roommate.

Not sure if this has been done before (if it has, whoops), or if any of the cast are big pokemon fans.

SCRIPT

Pokeworld

Establishing shot of a clock showing the time to be around 2am, Steve is sitting in his room which is as full of pokemon merchanise as possible. Ideally Steve is wearing as much pokemon merchandise as possible, marking him out as a total pokemon obsessive.

Steve is playing a Pokemon game on a ds (or older gameboy for retro points) and is becoming visibly passionate and angry. Game sounds indicate he is causing opposing pokemon to faint with attacks.

Flatmate walks in blearily to find him cursing an opponent bitterly:

Steve: Confuse Ray! You annoying son of a-

-pokemonhurts itself in confusion, Steve possible tosses away controller in aggravation-

Steve: Argh.

Steve continues to play, not looking up to acknowledge his roommate

Roommate: -exasperated sigh- you've been playing all week, please just stop. I'm worried about you now.

Steve: No, not until after the Rock Tunnel and this fight.

battle music starts and Steve is lost to everything else

The Roommate turns with another sigh and leaves again, putting in earplugs.

-----------------

The time shows as 8:45, Steve is awoken by an alarm which plays the intro music from the original English cartoon series.

He blearily gets to his feet, rubbing his eyes as the music continues to play. He turns off his alarm, still dressed in the same clothes as the day before.

Leaving his room dressed in a different shirt, he wanders into the kitchen to find his Roommate cooking at the stove.

Roommate: I'm making pancakes, they're delicious aren't they?

Steve breathes deeply, taking in a waft of wonderful pancake and maple syrup smell. He sighs as he realises he is late for something, potentially a class of some sort, or a therapy session to deal with his obsession with pokemon.

Steve: Awh man, you make them the one day I oversleep.

He rushes from the room and out into the world before his roommate can respond.

---------------------------------------------

Steve is now running through a park, and his iPod is playing music from one of the many field regions of a pokemon game. There are some people in the park, aimlessly wandering in the manner of the NPC's from the game. Some just stand there and slowly spin in the background.

He decides to take a shortcut through the grass. Just as he is about to reach the grass, he freezes. He looks around in confusion and slight fear when he realises he cannot make the next step onto the grass. A man walks around the edge of the park and stands infront of him.

Man: It's not safe to go into the long grass.

Steve: What? Why not?

The man walks away a few steps, and Steve once more tries to take a step onto the grass. Once more he freezes and sighs when the man walks back in front of him.

Steve: Why? What's wrong with the grass? Is it that stupid story about pesticides or something?

(emphasis)

Once more, the man walks away a few steps and looks dead ahead. Steve watches him for a few seconds, and walks in front of him, waving his hand in front of the man's face. Seeing no reaction, he takes a run up and tries to get onto the grass again. He stops (preferably mid leap) and doesn't even look as the man once more walks in front of him.

Steve: Why not? Give me a reason.

The man simply walks away and stands again in the same spot. Steve marches up to the man.

Steve: Tell me why!

He shakes the man to no visible effect. When he stops, the man resumes his original posture.

Man: It's not safe to go into the long grass

Steve mutters under his breath and gives up, once more running towards his destination. As he does so, he freezes once again. With great exasperation he proclaims:

Steve: Oh come on, is running banned as well?

He turns to see a girl advancing upon him from his right with a determined and slightly manic look on his face. He tries desperately to force his body to move, but he cannot. He realises his iPod has changed to the battle music, and his fingers move towards it slowly but surely to try and change the track. It is too late, the girl now stands before him and he twists round to look at her.

Girl: It's such a nice day in the park, let's battle to find out who's strongest!

Steve: What?

For a few seconds, battle music plays as offscreen noises strongly indicate that some sort of fight is taking place. After a few seconds, Steve falls to the ground, a bit sweaty and breathing heavily, the girl places a foot on his chest. His glasses fall the ground next to him and he looks up in surprise and shock.

Girl: Yay! I won. That'll be half your money please!

Steve: Wait what? Am I being mugged?

The foot presses down a little harder. Noone in the park pays the slightest bit of attention to what is happening as Steve looks around for help.

Girl: Yay! I won. That'll be half your money please!

Steve fearfully hands over his wallet, and the girl gleefully removes money from it. As she drops it on him, it all becomes too much for Steve and he faints where he is lying. The screen fades to white and the battle music fades.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The world unwhites as healing music plays. He opens his eyes to see a kindly person looking down on him, they are somewhat out of focus.

The room should be in white and pink, drawing comparisons with Nurse Joy's dress sense

Person: Good as new! Have a nice day!

Steve struggles for his glasses to try and catch a glimpse of the person. He is in another apartment, and is lying on a bed. He stands up and walks over to the person. They turn as he speaks and stares straight at him.

Steve: Thanks so much, who are you? Where am I?

Person: Good as new! Have a nice day!

Steve backs out of the room slowly. He walks through the open apartment door and catches his breath for a few seconds. He walks back in for another attempt at talking to the mysterious person, but they are gone.

Now extremely frightened, Steve leaves for home, desperately checking his surroundings in case anyone else shows up.

On his way back, Steve runs into a police officer of some description. Checking to make sure nobody else is nearby, he approaches the officer from behind and taps him on the shoulder.

Steve: Excuse me?

The officer turns and fixes him with the stare everyone else uses.

Officer: I'm an officer. This means I track down anyone that breaks the law.

Steve looks relieved, if a little confused.

Steve: Fantastic, I was mugged earlier in the park by some random girl and lost half my money. Can you help me?

There is a very short pause.

Officer: I'm an officer. This means I track down anyone that break the law.

The radio on the officers belt begins to play the battle music, and Steve look up at the sky in exasperation. The camera pans up to the sky as the sound of a heavy punch is landed.

END

STINGER

A very dishevelled Steve gets into his apartment, and stands with his back to the door, home music playing from a radio in the room. He sniffs the air cautiously and breathes in deeply.

Steve: Wow, that pancake smell really does hang about. You would not believe the day I have had.

His roomate turns to him from the kitchen of the apartment.

Roomate: I'm making panakes! They're delicious aren't they?

A quick shot of Steve's "oh crap" expression is the finishing shot.

---------------------------------------
not sure if the music from the games can be used in the video by copyright though

not entirely sure how it should end, because a "wake up and it was a dream" idea seems a little lame really

first suggestion, hope it's not too rubbish
CanvasWolfDoll
First Video: Quantum Documentary
Location: my map says 'tuesday'... this might be a calender...

Re: "Pokeworld"

Postby CanvasWolfDoll » 09 Aug 2012, 14:02

i'd suggest cutting the opening scenes with the roommate (they don't really add anything) and change stinger. other than that, i liked it.

Return to “Video Suggestions”