Unnatural Resources

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
flareism

Postby flareism » 31 Mar 2008, 23:37

New girl? Check.
    Blonde? Check.
    Typical response? Check.

Oi, I can't help it!
Last edited by flareism on 26 Jun 2008, 00:02, edited 2 times in total.
Got Flare?
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 31 Mar 2008, 23:41

Seriously you guys. It's getting annoying that you think you are the first viewer. The counter doesn't update more than a few times per day.
Last edited by Cake on 31 Mar 2008, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 31 Mar 2008, 23:41

I love miner Paul's shiny hard hat. Funny, absurd, and once again great.
theINC

Postby theINC » 31 Mar 2008, 23:43

Graham wrote:The views don't update immediately, so I imagine several of you saw 0 views.

Every freaking week.

The forum topic gets clogged with 'OMG I GOT FIRST VIEW' when week after week after week after week, we explain that the view counter isn't up to time.

Anyway, great video. The IT buzz words made me laugh. The ad also made me laugh.
Woland owes me 10 points.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 31 Mar 2008, 23:46

I appear to be living in a quantum state here. I woke up about 40 minutes ago, found the main page hadn't updated, went to the forums, found more "still waiting" chatter, refreshed the main page a few times, and then found it HAD updated...about an hour before I woke up...
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 31 Mar 2008, 23:49

Lyinginbedmon wrote:I appear to be living in a quantum state here. I woke up about 40 minutes ago, found the main page hadn't updated, went to the forums, found more "still waiting" chatter, refreshed the main page a few times, and then found it HAD updated...about an hour before I woke up...

Fail.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 31 Mar 2008, 23:55

Ah, good to see the phail mines are back in business. That would explain the new phailhaus video this week.
Laura did very well in her premier sketch, playing the part of a sycophantic second marvelously. Bring her back for more, I say.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
LS

Re: Unnatural Resources

Postby LS » 01 Apr 2008, 00:03

Graham wrote:I like this video.

First post said it as well as I could I think.

I would like to say that, unless I'm imagining it, the social commentary is interesting and fun. Not theplayed out, juvenile anti-establishment stuff we see so much of on the internet, but a more intelligent and witty approach to the core idea.

Or maybe it's just a silly video.

As a further note, nice ad. Not as good as the previous one, but not everything can be naked Matt. I mean, seriously, it doesn't get better than naked Matt! When you've got naked Matt, you've got silly fun, and fun.

Lastly, T-shirt and a tie looks good on you Graham. =D
Fancy Morgan: the Matt lover.
Rekiara

Postby Rekiara » 01 Apr 2008, 00:07

Heh, I laughed. Definitely a good video this week.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 01 Apr 2008, 00:20

i liked the phact that you used phail instead of fail..

also the action 9 webcast page was great with around 10+ references to old videos! good video guys!

this video did so did phail! :D
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Re: Unnatural Resources

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 01 Apr 2008, 00:21

LS wrote:I mean, seriously, it doesn't get better than naked Matt! When you've got naked Matt, you've got silly fun, and fun.

Well, Matt has just been emasculated by an online forum
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 01 Apr 2008, 02:32

Nice vid people, but you forgot to fire Paul for not mining fast enough and the dead guy for sleeping on the job :lol:

PS: because I'm to lazy to search for the right place to post this question, where can I send AskLLR questions?
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 01 Apr 2008, 03:03

moehahahaha
that was cool :D
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 01 Apr 2008, 03:10

Hi new girl. You're acting was good but this video was not.
That is all.
theINC

Postby theINC » 01 Apr 2008, 03:10

Dutch guy wrote:Nice vid people, but you forgot to fire Paul for not mining fast enough and the dead guy for sleeping on the job :lol:

PS: because I'm to lazy to search for the right place to post this question, where can I send AskLLR questions?

Top thread in the LRRCast forums.

And, by the way, not meaning to be a grammar nazi, but it's LRR. I can not stand it when people say LLR. LoadingLeadyRun? Not happening

Woland owes me 10 points.
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 01 Apr 2008, 04:08

Sweetness. Paul's just so good at yelling into phones!

How much longer are you guys planning on running the commercials? They're funny, too.
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 01 Apr 2008, 04:12

I would just like to be the first to say

Hi Lady! Froinlavin.

Interesting political commentary. Especially given how much juice gaming machines expend. What are you doing to reduce your consumption?
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 01 Apr 2008, 04:18

Oxford wrote:Sweetness. Paul's just so good at yelling into phones!

How much longer are you guys planning on running the commercials? They're funny, too.

They're part of the video... so, until they re-edit the video to remove the ad, they're up there permanently.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 01 Apr 2008, 04:44

AA+ for Laura be sure she is there for the LRRCast with week I would like to hear her story please!

And secondly, damn guys what crack where you on to come up with this video? Keep this up and drug enforce will be busting down your doors and searching every where :)

Still however, good video. I enjoyed it, not laugh out loud comedy but subtle undertones of humour and maybe some political commentary if you look for it.

Edit:

Does this mean Eustus Thrimble-Trimmer is moving up in the world as hes a CEO now?
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 01 Apr 2008, 04:57

personally my favorite part was the car that ran on a thimble of gas a week, thats been "in the basement for the last 6 years"
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 01 Apr 2008, 05:39

One technical question: How the hell did you get the smoke from the cave in? And was that smoke floating around post or production made? 'cause if it was production...just where in the hell were you? :P

I must admit, excellent acting in this one. :) Your timing was superb, all though Morgan appeared to be looking too far right (From Morgans perspective) towards Laura, it didn't match up for the scenes where all three were in the shot. Another nitpick; I thought the noise of the phail being mined could have used some more echo to it, it sounded too much like it was a generator in the room. Unless that was the intention.

Also, I officially give Laura the pass - excellent acting on her behalf.

I liked it the ad at the start too, especially on how flat out ridiculous your tie looked around your neck. :P Any plans in the future for more shirt designs? :)

Also, for the starting intro...were those POWERPOINT images!? Lol, you just know that Yummies is made of phail 'cause of that.

Edit:

Red Charlie wrote:And secondly, damn guys what crack where you on to come up with this video? Keep this up and drug enforce will be busting down your doors and searching every where :)

Phail. Clearly you don't listen to the LRRcasts, otherwise you would have heard Pauls 5-10 minute rant on people who accuse writers on being on drugs for coming up with strange things. For health and safety reasons, I wouldn't recommend it otherwise you'll have angry Paul shouting at you through phones!

korri wrote:personally my favorite part was the car that ran on a thimble of gas a week, thats been "in the basement for the last 6 years"

12 years. ;)

Additional edit:
One last critique; The phones needed sound effects.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 01 Apr 2008, 05:56

And, by the way, not meaning to be a grammar nazi, but it's LRR. I can not stand it when people say LLR. LoadingLeadyRun? Not happening

And for this gigantic typo I humbly apologize. I ofcourse intended to type LRR.

On another note, Laura, you did a good job on the acting, but in my view you could loosen up just a little more. You appeared a little stiff (unless ofcourse it is part of your roll, but I thought it looked kinda just a little bit not 100% right, sorta, if you know what I mean)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 01 Apr 2008, 06:18

That was sweet. Good job guys, and welcome Laura!
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
DewKnight
First Video: Stalking

Postby DewKnight » 01 Apr 2008, 06:57

Like the last ones the ads caught me a bit off guard, thinking that they were the actual video at first. But funny ads are awesome!
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 01 Apr 2008, 07:06

Welcome to a black hole of doom, Laura. Once you're in, you're never out....until you come out on the other side a squished and contorted being converted from a three-dimensional plane into something existing on the time plane which is somehow parallel to all three dimensional planes.

Don't worry, I'm lost too. XD

About the video, could have used a few more sound effects in places such as the computer and the phone (which I believe was mentioned earlier). Also, certain...transitions were abrupt, leading to much head scratching and plenty of confusion...until I got the reference and was completely fine.

Fine video as always, though I do believe we are now seeing evidence of the demise of LRR's collective brain...or are we? *DUN DUN DUUUNN!!*
Successfully lurking since 1709.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”