CheckPoint 149 - KickFail

Talk about LRR's gaming news show on PATV.
Graham
Super Moderator

CheckPoint 149 - KickFail

Postby Graham » 15 May 2014, 23:29

The Outcast KickStarter fails to connect, and Towns just straight gives up. Weird week for potential games.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Re: CheckPoint 149 - KickFail

Postby Clypheous » 16 May 2014, 02:37

Man, if you need a better reason not to buy early access games or support green light, I don't know what that would be. Once you get paid for something before it's done, the incentive to finish seems minimal.

I'm patient, if a game is good I will potentially eventually buy it. But there are so many good games, indie or AAA, why anyone would waste money like this is beyond me.
ch3m1kal
First Video: Unskippable

Postby ch3m1kal » 16 May 2014, 02:59

To be fair Greenlight requires no commitment or money on your part as a user. All you're doing by voting on Greenlight is saying "Yeah, this looks cool, I would like to see it done".

100% agree on the early access, and pre-orders in general.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 May 2014, 03:04

In regards to kickstarter and early access, one spends their money that way because these games might not get made any other way. The money is typically spent in the knowledge that they might not see any return on it, but they deem the risk to be worth the reward.

Even when I backed LRR, with their decade-long track record, I considered that they may not follow through, and so only backed at a level where I wouldn't lose any sleep if that happened.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “Checkpoint”